• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want to be a club firing managers every 5 minutes, I’d like to see him given time to sort it out and shape us into his vision.

However I also get excited at the prospect of a new manager with a new style, different lineups etc.

I’m torn.

I don’t want to be a club firing managers every 5 minutes, I’d like to see him given time to sort it out and shape us into his vision.

However I also get excited at the prospect of a new manager with a new style, different lineups etc.

I’m torn.

I’m pretty sure I just don’t like his ‘style’ of football. We don’t have the players for it.

Good, was gonna say!

Worth mentioning with Mourinho though, all those trophies he has won with clubs in positions of power. A good set up already and he took them to the next level. I don't know how well he would do taking an average club up to being a good one.
I’d be interested to see it I have to say. Would be nice to have someone with a winners mentality at the helm.

So just to cut a long story short, are you saying these players cant play football

Digne
Zouma
Gomes
Bernard
Richarlison
Lookman

There's 6 of the 11 starting today not including Pickford who isn't exactly scared of the ball.

Are you saying that lot are incapable of playing decent passing football? If they are incapable of playing football then we have a recruitment problem because 5 of those 6 came in the summer.

We can go on and on about not winning sod all for years we are all aware of it, we are all aware that that there's been a squad of bottlers used to abject failure year on year. Are the players I've mentioned players used to abject failure year on year?

I don't think it's too much to expect to be able to see players play simple 10 yard passes and not struggle, players to play with a tempo, shape and balance and giving it a go.

When that doesn't happen the manager will be rightly called into question. The reason previous managers have been sacked is because they probably weren't good enough in the first place and the reason any manager gets sacked is when results/performances aren't good enough.

Only because we sacked Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce doesn't mean that Silva shouldn't be sacked if things don't improve. It's a results business and results are something we seem incapable of stringing together

Edit apologies as my short story turned long
I think judging Silva on half a season is pointless. There is almost half left and we are just points off of 7th place which imo would be phenomenal for a new coach inheriting a less than ideal squad.

I think Gomes’ drop in form has to do with the tactics/personnel around him and trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Gomes has always been more defensive but doesn’t like to stay home going on marauding runs through the mid. That paired with his mobility, Siggy not moving outside his 20x20 square box in the opponents half and Gana who can’t play the ball more than 10 ft in any direction (literally dribbled to the man he was passing to today) does not help.

He will never be the type of player to comfortably cover all that ground during the game and if shows. He drops back to provide the distribution that Gana can’t and we are left with no link from offense to defense and when he pushes high enough up the field to actually have the chance to link up with siggy when we lose the ball he’s miles out of position and will never cover the ground in time to support the defensive. Gana also by no means is a stay at home CDM and goes on these high press runs and if he gets beat that almost always leave the other team vs Keane and Zouma because 9/10 chances our full backs went forward too (as they should).

Siggy in my opinion should be dropped and selling Gana will do wonders for how our team goes forward. Having a deep lying playmaker that can be paired with Gomes would free up so much that we will be able to see the literal tension lifted off Gomes’ shoulders.

I applaud Silva sticking by his players but sometimes they just can’t fit into a system just like many are saying about Cenk. We need to get the right personnel or let Gomes return to Barca for next season.

Richarlson also is not a loan forward and doesn’t seem to have the positional awareness to become one either. Again we need the personnel or to move people around to fit their play style into our game (having Siggy playing up top Richy in behind him with Bernard and Lookman on either side is Richy). Again it’s a player performance issue that is brought on by the players silva is forced to play and supporting his players to succeed at their new roles even though it is obviously not working out.

Again I am a fan of Silva’s undying support of the players but he needs to set them up to succeed when it isn’t working out.

I think judging Silva on half a season is pointless. There is almost half left and we are just points off of 7th place which imo would be phenomenal for a new coach inheriting a less than ideal squad.

I think Gomes’ drop in form has to do with the tactics/personnel around him and trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Gomes has always been more defensive but doesn’t like to stay home going on marauding runs through the mid. That paired with his mobility, Siggy not moving outside his 20x20 square box in the opponents half and Gana who can’t play the ball more than 10 ft in any direction (literally dribbled to the man he was passing to today) does not help.

He will never be the type of player to comfortably cover all that ground during the game and if shows. He drops back to provide the distribution that Gana can’t and we are left with no link from offense to defense and when he pushes high enough up the field to actually have the chance to link up with siggy when we lose the ball he’s miles out of position and will never cover the ground in time to support the defensive. Gana also by no means is a stay at home CDM and goes on these high press runs and if he gets beat that almost always leave the other team vs Keane and Zouma because 9/10 chances our full backs went forward too (as they should).

Siggy in my opinion should be dropped and selling Gana will do wonders for how our team goes forward. Having a deep lying playmaker that can be paired with Gomes would free up so much that we will be able to see the literal tension lifted off Gomes’ shoulders.

I applaud Silva sticking by his players but sometimes they just can’t fit into a system just like many are saying about Cenk. We need to get the right personnel or let Gomes return to Barca for next season.

Richarlson also is not a loan forward and doesn’t seem to have the positional awareness to become one either. Again we need the personnel or to move people around to fit their play style into our game (having Siggy playing up top Richy in behind him with Bernard and Lookman on either side is Richy). Again it’s a player performance issue that is brought on by the players silva is forced to play and supporting his players to succeed at their new roles even though it is obviously not working out.

Again I am a fan of Silva’s undying support of the players but he needs to set them up to succeed when it isn’t working out.
you wot mate

This is his third half season in English footy.

He's never had more so it's perfectly legitimate to judge his time so far.

At this moment it's clear to see why he's never had more time.

Clubs who stick by their managers are generally more successful. Guardiola had a poor run in his 1st season at city with superior squad. Look at taggart at united. He would have been gone within 3 months at this club in the current climate. I think we a decent team with some flaws trying to fit a few square pegs in round holes. Most fans were happy with the starting 11 today when posted. our squad is poor currently we haven’t got any back up in centre mid who the fans trust other than the 3 playing but it needs a bit of rotation and rest but that includes having quality back up. Davies is shot of confidence and Schnieds shall I say any more. Vasic is in Russia when really he should be pushing siggy for a starting place. Then we have the Richarlison conundrum. He looks out of sorts and may well need another break for a couple of weeks. We’ve got a striker in Tosun who Silva clearly doesn’t fancy but our fans are expecting him to score when he’s only playing a bit part in games and where’s the Nigerian kid surely we should be pushing for a work permit.Then there is the right back situation. I think kenny should be given a run in the team just to see if he is a suitable back up in the coming seasons. The recipe was working but now it isn’t but maybe the team needs a bit of rotation we may take a few knocks but finish the season strong and concentrate our main effort on the cup. Let’s temper expectation a little and get behind the team. I’m giving him a pass TIL the end of the season then let’s see where we can strengthen in the summer and try and burn some of the dead wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.