• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but I think half of our problem - and it's definitely made worse because as a fanbase we want to see our players running everywhere getting in at teams - is that we try to outmuscle sides that are clearly far stronger than us in that department. Instead of playing to our strengths, we play to their strengths. Why!?

Against Burnley, by far our best performance of the season, we played a system and a type of football that got the best out of OUR talents. We didn't try to match Burnley up and go against them physically.

We keep getting dragged into physical battles and our players are weak - both physically and mentally. Why do it?
I agree with most of that but the real issue (and the most worrying aspect) is that we currently look far from being able to play a system that suits our players.

We come out of the dressing room looking timid, with no tempo to our play and players who struggle to make meaningful movement until late on in a game.

Surely Silva must be asking this of players because it's so glaringly obviously so why aren't we? This lack of impetus is forcing us to get into struggles with teams.

Unfortunately as well, while Burnley was a great performance and one we can't completely disregard, it is feeling more like a poor Burnley may be the main factor.

What worries me is I don't really see what we are building the side to be. Even the good performances in the last couple months haven't had that feeling of a style that we can consistently play. I just don't know where we are going under him.

Because managers don't adapt to the players, the players adapt to the manager. That is why the likes of guadiola mourhinio ancelotti have had success because they make the team play their way.

We hired Silva to play in his style so of the players can't play that way we get rid of the players and get ones to suit the manager. This is a big thing and can't be sorted in 6 months. Who's to say Silva in 3 years can't have us in the champions League places because his squad in his style have us winning games?

Part of the issue for years has been this manager has to adapt to the players which has kept so many average players at the club. I'm not the biggest koeman fan but we had a chief scout run riot in the market and give him crap and sack him for it not working? Hindsight makes it ridiculous now , not that I expected too much from koeman.

The majority of the squad is average and that is why we are mid table. That's where we belong. We are the club that keeps players until their legs go rather than replace them ahead of time.

Everton is still what Moyes made us , plucky underdogs who should be grateful for things. Except we have three a load of money and wages at players and created a whole other monster entirely, and the man taaked to fix this is now sat on the board. Coincidence?

I also don`t believe the players to be good enough but with no money available I think it will be a disasterous end to the season where we will not win many games at all....... Just hope we dont get dragged in to a relegation dog fight. Crazy not to do any business this January, if Marco is their man then they need to back him!

You have to win headers and tackles. That's basics. Nothing to do with gameplan or systems. We didn't do it today. We were just absolutely crap. Pathetically poor.

Massive game next week and far from ideal timing after today's shambles.

Oh I agree, and we never seem to win the second balls.

But I'm just fed up of trying to outmuscle sides that physically are superior, when if you boil it down to footballing ability, as much as our players are hapless most of the time, we are better than.

Silva ? More like coal.

He's a dud who's going the same way as his hull and Watford teams.

Maybe we can unsettle the new Watford manager as he is light years ahead of Marco. Sadly.

Watford are three points ahead of us and just drew 0-0 with Burnley.

There are 6 teams 'lightyears ahead' of us in this league.

Then there are 6 teams who we are in a group with who on their days are good and on their off days are very bad.

Then there are the rest, scrapping for survival. If you don't match their fight and intensity, you won't win. That's what happened today.

I feel like it is getting harder and harder to blame the manager. We blamed Roberto, then blamed Koeman, then blamed Allardyce, now blaming Silva. It can't always be the manager. We need to look at the veteran players that have walked through all these regimes unscathed.

Status
Not open for further replies.