• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But so what? Doesn't mean we were better.

West Ham spent more than us last summer... they're currently below us.

We beat Leicester yes. But we got beat by them away. So swings and round abouts.

Stop comparing to last season. We were a mess then, and we're still trying to come out of the mess that last season left us in. The progress was there and now has stalled. We need to get back on it.

Calls for him to be sacked are absolutely ludicrous.

Pal we barely lose at home against non top 6 teams under Moyes, Martinez’s first season, Koeman and even Fat Sam. We usually get most of our points at home against these average sides.

Might be crap football but it was very effective and works to hide the gaping holes in our squad. Still not advocating he should be manager, but facts are facts and we're definitely no better right now.

You have to keep moving forward... allardyce was never the answer. Silva may be the answer but I'm getting more concerned about that.

We keep going till we get the right man.

Pal we barely lose at home against non top 6 teams under Moyes, Martinez’s first season, Koeman and even Fat Sam. We usually get most of our points at home against these average sides.

not this season. we have all the teams above us in the league to play at home and weve won once against sides higher than us all season

this season is about to get very interesting. whether you want silva or not.

somethings gotta give.

I desperately wanted him to not be like the others atm it’s just falling short badly,I think the players lack of fight is very disturbing,he seems clueless what to do every game formation wise,and his persistence with a badly out of form Walcott is utterly baffling

It was the december run of fixtures which cost Silva his job at Watford. They blamed us for it but it appears he just fails as a manager/coach when fixtures are tight. If Silva is here for a few seasons, are we really going to have the god awful December every year?

Lad, under Moyes we WERE a top 6 team. The league was totally different 10 years ago. City and Spurs were nowhere close and if you think back to 2012-13 (Moyes' last season) Spurs were a bit of a mess like we are now.

Koeman we lost every 'top 6' game at home bar Arsenal and Spurs in the first season. Martinez's first season was great because we had a squad in its prime with some great signings and a good feel around the club. Koeman got sacked cos we got hammered by the big teams in that first part of last season.

You're comparing apples and oranges looking that far back.

I didn’t say bring back Sam he was useless all I’m saying is Keoman Martinez and now silva are no better. We are an embarrassment. And who suffers us fans. I’ve lost count how must money I’ve put into the club and for what? Mid table mediocrities ???

But so what? Doesn't mean we were better.

West Ham spent more than us last summer... they're currently below us.

We beat Leicester yes. But we got beat by them away. So swings and round abouts.

Stop comparing to last season. We were a mess then, and we're still trying to come out of the mess that last season left us in. The progress was there and now has stalled. We need to get back on it.

Calls for him to be sacked are absolutely ludicrous.
The current mess on the pitch is Silva's. His to sort out, or not.

The Walsh Koeman mess etc is being dealt with in the background by Brands.

not this season. we have all the teams above us in the league to play at home and weve won once against sides higher than us all season

this season is about to get very interesting. whether you want silva or not.

somethings gotta give.

Yes and Martínez’s 2nd and 3rd season too. Things will always go wrong if we don’t beat these lesser sides at home.

I desperately wanted him to not be like the others atm it’s just falling short badly,I think the players lack of fight is very disturbing,he seems clueless what to do every game formation wise,and his persistence with a badly out of form Walcott is utterly baffling

It wasn't the case six days ago when we beat Burnley.

And he is 'persisting' with Walcott because we have no other options. Bernard isn't a right-side player, and Lookman is injured.

It was the december run of fixtures which cost Silva his job at Watford. They blamed us for it but it appears he just fails as a manager/coach when fixtures are tight. If Silva is here for a few seasons, are we really going to have the god awful December every year?
His Watford form had nothing to do with us, that form was his form, least we don't have to worry about him being tapped up.
What was Moshiri thinking ?

Yes we need a striker but there's problems elsewhere. The movement in the final third is too slow. It was awful today. The passing was last today and we were second to everything. The players looked like they wanted to be there as much as the fans today.

The current mess on the pitch is Silva's. His to sort out, or not.

The Walsh Koeman mess etc is being dealt with in the background by Brands.

The current mess on the pitch is a direct correlation to last season though... how can that not be the case!?

Yes, we were crap today and that is on Silva. But you can't just disregard last season's abysmal form and say it doesn't have an effect. We're trying to do a rebuild from what was a season that set us back possibly years because the top 6 sides improved so much. And that rebuild will take longer than five months. We've had ups and downs in that five months. At the moment it's a down.

Status
Not open for further replies.