• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO a change should be made now he’s obviously not up to the job, no point in us stagnating any longer, get an experienced man in and give then half the season to sort this mess out and start again next season. That’s what should Have need done when Sam came in, not just getting Sam to fill in until silva could come here. Our latest appointments have been dire, experienced man needed.
What, so you want to get Sam back?

Jesus Christ.

Bore off.

Name an 'experienced man' who you want.

We aren't getting relegated. We aren't finishing top six. We're in that group in between.

That's where we'll finish - from 7th to 13th. We should finish in the higher end of that. We should finish 7th. If we don't it won't be the end of the world.

Give the guy we have invested loads in, literally risked legal proceedings to hire, time - more than FIVE MONTHS.

But we saw when Bernard came on why he isn't starting too. He was pretty sloppy.

The one thing he did well should have resulted in a goal.

Think he has to start, though. He's one of the few would has quality on the ball, but yes, even he gave it away a couple of times. DCL needs to JUMP on that pass, though. Too much standing around without anyone taking the initiative.

Shouts to get rid are premature, but it can't keep going as it is. We've got a run of about 6 "winnable" games, if we fail to win at least 3 of them it's looking very dicey for him.

It’s simple; he doesn’t have enough good footballers to get results. If they bring in quality in the next two windows and results are still the same then get rid.
There are some decent players in our squad but 50% aren’t performing, it’s like at Utd until they got rid of Jose now they are performing again. I’d bee devastated if Silva is given 2 more windows, I’d give him 5 games if we havent massively improved then get rid,IMO he does really need to go.

It’s simple; he doesn’t have enough good footballers to get results. If they bring in quality in the next two windows and results are still the same then get rid.

We have the nucleus of a good side with Digne, Zouma, Gana, Gomes, Gylfi, Bernard and Richarlison. Keane has been decent for most of the season too, but then pulls a stunt like today and makes you sigh again.

It is obvious, we need more up top, it is that simple.

DCL who he rates highly? Who he could’ve sold in the summer or even loaned out. We all knew we needed two strikers in the summer but he bought zero.
Silva doesn't buy anyone. Do you SERIOUSLY think Silva doesn't want a better striker? He's been on record saying it.

DCL who he rates highly? Who he could’ve sold in the summer or even loaned out. We all knew we needed two strikers in the summer but he bought zero.
Brands bought none...at least Silva bought Richarlison.

I know who I see the problem as here in not finding firepower.

Exactly this Dave....

We need a period of stability, swapping now is not the way forward. Why do people insist on instant success? When we sacked BFS all I heard was the media slagging us off as we don’t know what we want.....in some ways they are right

Yes we want success, yes we want to win, yes we want to be in the top 4 but in reality

We are not a top 4 team, we are not an attractive option, we are not a media darling

We need to build from the bottom, after years of sustainability under Moyes we swapped 3 managers in a short period, we blew our first cash windfall and we had a manager in Koeman who decimated our club as he did at Valencia, then we brought in BFS for premiership survival, but in the process produced the worst football ever and I am 50 years old

Silva and Brands is a rebuilding process from the bottom, laying the foundations for progression. This WILL take more than 6 months and one transfer window.

Sacking him now is not the answer, the answer is patience, accepting that progress at this stage is not all about points, sometime you have to take steps back to move forward

Give this team a goal scorer , more creativity and we have a team...

In Brands I Trust, in Silva I Trust.......we have stalled but the evidence of clear progression is obvious.... we went to the Emirates and should of been 2 up but due to schoolboy finishing we fecked up, we went to Anfield and should of walked away with at least a draw.

No one expect instant success but we expect 7th and Goodison should be a fortress when playing poor sides.

What, so you want to get Sam back?

Jesus Christ.

Bore off.

Name an 'experienced man' who you want.

We aren't getting relegated. We aren't finishing top six. We're in that group in between.

That's where we'll finish - from 7th to 13th. We should finish in the higher end of that. We should finish 7th. If we don't it won't be the end of the world.

Give the guy we have invested loads in, literally risked legal proceedings to hire, time - more than FIVE MONTHS.
I never said that.

He doesn't get to be saved by the "we didn't buy a striker" card when he plays our best striker on the wing. Even with his faults Richarlison is the best goal scorer we have and pushing him out wide is a bad decision.

We have the nucleus of a good side with Digne, Zouma, Gana, Gomes, Gylfi, Bernard and Richarlison. Keane has been decent for most of the season too, but then pulls a stunt like today and makes you sigh again.

It is obvious, we need more up top, it is that simple.

I think you could make a case we need more in CM or RB, too, but a better CF or RW would make a massive difference to this team. It needs a spark, it needs a fresh face, it needs another option. We've got dead weight just sitting on our bench that needs to be moved out.

....he inherited Everton's most prolific PL striker, how was he short of a striker?

He sold him and didn't do the business with £200M to replace him.

The club sold him mate an never replaced him.

Koeman was publicly vocal in demanding a striker.

Marco Silva hasn't been. In fact, only the other day he was saying Everton don't need one.

So lets be fair. As per the article I wrote/linked in the weeks before we sacked Koeman;

There’s no skirting around this – not bringing in another striker was a considerable failing from Everton’s board.
Not Ronald Koeman.
We’ve brought in the likes of Sigurdsson and Rooney, and without doing a disservice to Sandro who is an unknown quantity, have no target man.
As in previous windows, Koeman was left talking up the desperate need for a striker only to be left with egg on his face – in previous windows it resulted in a last second desperate loan move for Enner Valencia, and now bringing Oumar Niasse back into the first team fold.
We’ve known Lukaku was leaving for some time but completely failed to even try and r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ – mitigate the loss – how many more transfer windows is Farhad Moshiri going to allow the team he has in place to not meet the public requirements of the manager?
I’ll conclude then with a question.
What is the minimum expectation, both league and cup performance of an Everton manager of which failure to achieve should cause dismissal.
Keep that in mind, and see where we are in January at the earliest. Not now.

At the time and even now, you wouldn't allow Koeman the lack of striker excuse. So its interesting to see you so quick to afford that excuse to Silva.

Status
Not open for further replies.