• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is literally not chance on earth Silva is going anywhere this season or next, probably the one after too.

We could finish anywhere from 8th to 15th and I don’t think he’d be going anywhere.

I would say you are certainly right about this seasin, Ijjy,

After that it is all about results.

If we were to have a Koeman like autumn in 2019 and come November we are flirting with the relegation places, then I would say it is pretty much nailed on Silva would be gone.

I would say you are certainly right about this seasin, Ijjy,

After that it is all about results.

If we were to have a Koeman like autumn in 2019 and come November we are flirting with the relegation places, then I would say it is pretty much nailed on Silva would be gone.
And should that sequence of events come to fruition we will once again stand at least 18 months away from any quantitative improvement.
Those who are currently agitating for his removal must have more patience than myself since they must realistically be willing to wait another two seasons before we mount a serious challenge for the top six positions.
Regardless of people’s opinions of Silva it is in all our interests that he is given time and support to attempt to improve our standing.
There is no magic wand , whoever is our manager will require at least 12 months to build his team.
If we were to push the reset button at this point I would be greatly disheartened and disillusioned in our future prospects.

We cant keep sacking managers by the minute. Fans need to keep their nerves in check on a bad run. We have bought badly over the last 3 seasons. We have players at the club who have no future with us.

The amount Silva has spent n players at his disposal he should be getting much better results.
Mostly agree with you sir.

After 20 we're on exactly the same number of points as Big Sam's season. Bearing in mind that tally for Sam included the immediate escape act from Koeman and that agent clown we bagged from Leicester, that 27 points is a worry and we should be higher, you're right.

The one breathing space I'd personally give Silva is, we could conceivably be 10+ pts higher up:

Losses to Brighton away, West Ham home and the draw with Watford. Poor: low effort
Dropped points to Huddersfield, Newcastle, Bournemouth & Wolves. Poor: lack of concentration.

Given it's taken a while to get his preferred back four in shape, I'm hopeful we'll see that patchiness dry up a bit and we'll have an off game one in 6 not one in 3 or at least 4. I'm genuinely hopeful we'll be in our correct squad berth of 'best of the rest' come May. I don't recall us playing the kind of football yet this season to really lay a punch on the top 6, much as it pains me to say that.

Hope that doesn't sound defeatist, for me there is a harsh reality that our squad lacks 3-4 home grown 'generals' or characters that have quality AND win you half a dozen gnarly games a season on effort, pressure and concentration. What Klopp said about 'forcing the mistake' after the Arsenal game is golden. It sums up the pre 2018 German team's winning mentality in that; everyone being equal, the superiority in the three areas above will expose human error. Ferguson, Lescott, Coleman, Baines, Jags, and overseas talent like Pienaar, Gravesen, Arteta, Cahill, Yobo, Yak etc etc. Total 100% ers.

The erosion of this quality in our squad set-in under Martinez and 'quick fixes'. Yes Lukaku nearly bagged us CL with a cracking tally, but it was built on the quality above. Since Moyes, Everton no longer develops sufficient numbers of long-serving English / British or 'Club' men that have been a characteristic of 95% of successful top 4 teams for as long as I can remember. We're playing at it in Lookman, Davies, Baningame etc. I really wanna see these lads in. The balance is difficult, and it needs time. As fans we must be patient in that long term view.

The following squad 'eras' won nearly 50 titles:

Chelsea: Terry, Cole(s), Lamps, Drogba, Cech etc, Ivanevic, Makelele, Essien, etc
United (various), Keane, Irwin, Stam, Bruce, Pallister, Ince, the class of 92 etc, Sheringhman, Ole, Cole, Yorke, Van Nistelrooy etc
Arsenal, 'the back 4 + seaman', Wright, Bergkamp, Parlour, Petit, Viera, Pirez, Henry etc

We'll be a merry-go-round of best of the rest until we fix those underlying structures. Perhaps it's connected to the stadium and perhaps that talent pool is already being developed with a 3-5-10 year view. I hope so.

Losses to Brighton away, West Ham home and the draw with Watford. Poor: low effort
Dropped points to Huddersfield, Newcastle, Bournemouth & Wolves. Poor: lack of concentration.

I think that is a worry though. The one thing I would bank on for a new manager in particular, if the squad are on board and happy, is that we wouldn't be found wanting for effort and concentration. To be fair to Silva, these issues extend far beyond his time but sooner or later they have to be addressed. I'm not asking for dogs of war but I do expect more than we are getting.

There is a mixture of timidity and lethargy running through too many of our games and that should be within the managers gift to address, it has nothing to do with budgets or anything else.

We were bullied for long periods at home against Watford and more often than not we succumb when put under sustained pressure. At the weekend they looked as if they didn't care enough to me.

I am firmly in the Silva must be given time and resources camp but I will admit there are signs of concern emerging.

Starting line up, tactics and subs - pressure is on.
Against the Foxes at home - should be chalked up as a win.
He has to win this one.

Fella is sadly throwing in the towel lads.

Hes gone full knife to a gunfight here.

Everton must take an "honest" look at Premier League rivals' budgets before aiming for the top six, according to manager Marco Silva.
Defeat to Brighton on Saturday left Everton with just one win in their last seven top-flight matches and 12 points behind sixth-placed Manchester United.
Everton spent around £90m to bring in Richarlison (Watford), Yerry Mina and Lucas Digne (Barcelona) in the summer, having shelled out double that figure on signings last season.

"We as a club didn't say once we will challenge for the top six," a guarded Silva said, ahead of facing Leicester City on New Year's Day, who sit above them in the table.

"I don't know why you are asking me this situation about what I want, it is not a lack of ambition, because we have big ambition behind us as a club but we have to be honest and fair as well and look for the other clubs' budget."

Silva refused to accept Everton will not finish in the top six this season, but indicated the club are laying the foundations for a future challenge to the English super powers.

"If we can fight for something we will fight," he said. "But we have to be smart in these types of things as well.

"Our goal is to win the next match. Even if you are an ambitious club you have to create conditions that in the future you are able to fight with this top six like you want."

@blue to the bone MS said this himself, this is the reality. You have to create conditions that in the future so that you are able to fight with the top 6 like you want. He is talking about top 6 here just top 6.

Starting line up, tactics and subs - pressure is on.
Against the Foxes at home - should be chalked up as a win.
He has to win this one.

There are no easy games in the premiership. Sometimes luck plays apart or even the ref controlled the game or a player steps up for either team.

@blue to the bone MS said this himself, this is the reality. You have to create conditions that in the future so that you are able to fight with the top 6 like you want. He is talking about top 6 here just top 6.
Been honest mate what managers say does not interest me. They are only passing through.
As a life long supporter of the club my ambition is to see us win things..
Like any proper fan does. Might seem a way off but if you don't have that ambition or hope what's the bloody point.

there should be absolutely no surprise with with we are watching under Silva.

he is incapable of beating sides in the top half and he concedes goals by the bucket full..

not sure what anyone on here is expecting to be honest.

from here id be very happy with 15th position.

today should be massive for him, nd I hope he knows how important a win is needed. none of this free season BS

He's not far off. Look at his results at watford he's so patchy and its the same here. Win one week defeat the next time after time he just doesnt provide consistently as he hasnt the tactical nous or game management to go on a good run.

He also clearly can not organise a defence and we are still shockingly bad defending and attacking corners.

If Mosh had sense hand Mourinho/Mancini/Conte/Wenger/Zidane/Sampaouli/Nagellsman or any other top manager who has had success and give them a blank cheque and promise of a war chest in January and the summer to get us whats needed to make an assault on the top 6 over the next 2-3 seasons.

Absolutely no way will we achieve anything with this inconsistent clown. The club are simply wasting time and money persisting with him.

hire a winner …. id love us to do that

Been honest mate what managers say does not interest me. They are only passing through.
As a life long supporter of the club my ambition is to see us win things..
Like any proper fan does. Might seem a way off but if you don't have that ambition or hope what's the bloody point.

I agree and this is very much the truth.

What I am saying all along is MS or whoever the future manager has to get a consistent top 6/7 finish for the club before further progress can be made (first step it is). This is an indication to show if the team has the ability to challenge the money clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.