• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously you make up lie here.

I said if he gets 15th with this squad not anything below 7th. I said 7th is ideal and if he gets 8th then that prove there is no progress as results do not back it up. I also said I have no idea what to do if he does get 8th, at this moment.
He must get 7th with this squad come May, no excuse...not asking him to overtake Man Ltd for 6th btw.
:coffee:

I mean one thing we do know is baines is very comfortable with the ball at his feet, and can pick a pass

would rather see baines in midfield for a game rather than say a schneiderlin
In the last year of his contract and showing it. Anyone remember one of the last pre season games, he was overweight

Having said that jags and baines have done their bit there just looking forward to retirement

Don't know if this has already been said or if I'm echoing someone else but regardless of what happens this season we have to give Silva a considerable amount of time. You can't pick many holes in the signings we made last summer - positions of weakness were identified and good signings made. It'll be interesting to see how the team looks following next summer's transfer window

Arsenal spent £150m on Ozil, Aubameyang and Lacezette.

So you ignore the original question.

How much did Everton spend since Moshiri took over. Is that more than Arsenal in terms of net spent? I guess Everton are 6th/7th in terms of spending.

Are you suggesting other non top 6 teams spent like Everton?

So you ignore the original question.

How much did Everton spend since Moshiri took over. Is that more than Arsenal in terms of net spent? I guess Everton are 6th/7th in terms of spending.

Are you suggesting other non top 6 teams spent like Everton?

Bro why you talking about net spend like it matters?

Arsenal wage bill 199m
Everton wage bill 105m

Arsenal commercial deals 217m
Everton commercial deals 40m

But sure fam, you focus on NET SPEND like its even a factor in 2k18.

Bro why you talking about net spend like it matters?

Arsenal wage bill 199m
Everton wage bill 105m

Arsenal commercial deals 217m
Everton commercial deals 40m

But sure fam, you focus on NET SPEND like its even a factor in 2k18.

Pal my original response was due to #7,706 of this thread.

I was saying Everton spent like the top 6th/7th team in the PL since Moshiri took over so expectation being 7th is fair.

The guy said Everton was not the only team that spent money but what if we compare with the like in West Ham (as I said earlier)? Ok, the comparison with Arsenal is a bit extreme but come on you can’t deny Everton spent the most outside the top 6.

Pal my original response was due to #7,706 of this thread.

I was saying Everton spent like the top 6th/7th team in the PL since Moshiri took over so expectation being 7th is fair.

The guy said Everton was not the only team that spent money but what if we compare with the like in West Ham (as I said earlier)? Ok, the comparison with Arsenal is a bit extreme but come on you can’t deny Everton spent the most outside the top 6.

You seem to think spending money means success, can you ask Manchester United if thats the case? Can you ask Leicester City if NET SPEND matters?

Sure we have spent more money than most since Moshiri took over, but when you spend over 50m on Yannick Bolaise and Davy Klaassen, does spending money even matter? Spending money and spending money wisely are different things really. Manchester United spent 200m on Pogba and Lukaku, do you consider that a good use of cashflow?

Net Spend last 5 Years Purchased Gross Sold Netspend Per Season
1 Manchester City £742,400,000 £232,550,000 £509,850,000 £101,970,000
2 Manchester United £611,630,000 £194,050,000 £417,580,000 £83,516,000
4 Chelsea £677,550,000 £434,850,000 £242,700,000 £48,540,000
3 Arsenal £385,740,000 £163,750,000 £221,990,000 £44,398,000
5 Everton £401,700,000 £197,000,000 £204,700,000 £40,940,000
6 Liverpool £578,750,000 £405,080,000 £173,670,000 £34,734,000

Over the last 5 years we have a higher NET SPEND than Liverpool, in that time they have sold 1 player for 150m and bought 2 for 70m each, they also have a wage bill that is double ours.

But sure mate, keep thinking NET SPEND is a metric you should judge teams on.

But yes, 7th is the last we should expect, but it doesnt mean we have a God given right to it cos we have spent a bit of dough.

Then:coffee:? Where on earth I said let’s sack him in that sentence. Enlighten me my dear.
The thing is you don't get to sack him, no matter how much you might want to. Neither do I or anyone else on here for that matter. The only person who gets to do that is the owner and he won't be doing it unless there is a disaster.

So you can stamp you feet with impatience all you want and make demands about what position in the league you deem as being acceptable, but it won't make the slightest bit of difference. You are tearing your hair out for nothing and completely wasting your time, which would be better spent actually lending some support for what he trying to do.

Spurs are definitely the model we need to try and replicate. They always have been IMO, because of the constraints of their wage structure and their frugal accounting with transfers. The problem is, we've actually overtaken Spurs in terms of spending on players, but remain leagues apart.

Their starting line up Vs Burnley at the weekend

Lloris - £10m
Trippier - £3.5m
Alderweireld - £11.5m
Davies - £10m
Rose - £1m
Sissoko - £30m
Skipp - Academy
Lamela - £25m
Alli - £5m
Moura - £25m
Kane - Academy

That line-up doesn't include some of their best players IMO (Son - £22m, Wanyama - £11m, Vertonghen - £10m, Eriksen - £11m)

Now I understand that transfer fees have been inflated to ridiculous proportions over the past few years - but even at the time the Spurs squad was purchased they probably would have been within our price range for purchase. How is it that so much of their squad has been able to either instantly adapt to the league, or grow into it so much that they are considered to be some of the best players within it? Have they been incredibly lucky with transfers or blessed with exceptional academy talent and a Nostradamus like scouting network?

We used the 'No money' stick for years to beat our rivals with - What's our stick now?
Constantly in transition for 12 months at a time cos we change managers.

Not like any other clubs ever change managers tho is it!!

There is no free ride in football management. If you can't organise a team then your out. Simples

Status
Not open for further replies.