• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree slightly, think I've gotten a bit carried away with recent performances against the top 6.

I'll stand by my optimism depending on the Spurs result!
I think overall we've played really well against the top 6 this season, the Spurs home game apart. We were really unlucky in losses to United, Arsenal and RS and deserved something out of each of those games.

It's against the rest where we have struggled at times this season.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went to spurs and got a result, but lost to Palace.

I agree mate. But if we do finish comfortably 7th next season, maybe 3 points behind 6th and 6 points off 4th, and maybe a semi final in one of the cups, it would be interesting to see if you still consider that a good season in 12 months time. You've always struck me as somebody who wouldn't be happy with that.

That's not criticism by the way, just an observation based on your posting history. Patience and tolerance are not terms I'd normally associate with you.
My stance on this hasn’t changed. I’ve always maintained that we need to consolidate our position as the 7th best team and use that as a platform to push on.

Sadly, we should be at the stage where we are challenging for a Top 4 place, given that we finished 16 points clear of 8th in Koeman’s first season. Him, Walsh and Allardyce decided to load the squad with rubbish instead.

I am not sure that we will challenge the top 6 as they are likely to improve also. I do believe we will get closer especially if Brands/Silva have as good a window as last year. Digne, Richarlison, Bernard and Mina are good players and certainly an improvement. Zouma and Gomes loans hopefully turn permanent. DCL improvement, Siggy improvement and Keane improvement bodes well. If they get the 6 incomings that has been bandied about then if as good as that last lot then we will be much closer next season. This slowly but surely stuff works though quite a few have the idea that it should be instant.

I think overall we've played really well against the top 6 this season, the Spurs home game apart. We were really unlucky in losses to United, Arsenal and RS and deserved something out of each of those games.

It's against the rest where we have struggled at times this season.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we went to spurs and got a result, but lost to Palace.

Yeah same, I think losing to the lower teams is largely due to lacking a clinical striker.

We should resign lulaku to play against those teams only

Needs to figure out how to improve the fitness levels, spurs, city and Liverpool never stop running and never look tired.
Granted they have better quality players, you accept that, but we should be matching them in terms of fitness

Needs to figure out how to improve the fitness levels, spurs, city and Liverpool never stop running and never look tired.
Granted they have better quality players, you accept that, but we should be matching them in terms of fitness

4th in the league for distance covered according to the above. More than all of the teams you’ve mentioned.

Please no Fullham 2.0 here. If we lose, let it be because we were a unlucky. I desperately want a win here, but I’ll settle for a little progress. We can’t come out with the undeserved arrogance we showed against Fullham. Be professional.

The biggest change that I can tell that he's done recently is that he's not letting both full backs go forward at the same time now. Which means Gueye or the other centre midfielder isn't having to go back to left back so we're not getting overran in midfield as much.

Buy him and Brands the players they want please.

Buy a proper striker.

Not his fault today. However, I think he waited it too late until he changed things around.

Status
Not open for further replies.