• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been quite awhile since we've had a manager who's had a better second season than the first. Marco seems to be getting the team into the team he wants and while I'm still nervous about that second season I have to say I'm excited to see what we can do as well.

Some of the football has been a joy to watch this season, some has been painful and some has been spineless. I feel that this team is just a couple of leaders on the pitch, away from being a very good side. The ability is there and when everything is going well they are a real handful, unfortunately, as soon as we concede you can see the confidence draining out of them.
All in all, would have to say that Silva has done more than enough to keep his job, today was, for me, the best display for a long long time, we were good for the full 90 minutes and 4:0 was flattering to Utd.

Just wondering where the “Silva out, he’s a loser, he’s not won anything, poor appointment “ posters are this weekend?

Does Silva get this weekend off from them? Maybe if we lose at Palace we will see them back......

They'll be back at some point...'tis the nature of em.
No doubt harking back fondly to days of someone double as [Poor language removed] but nary half as Portuguese.
If we lose as Palace it'll just take the edge off losing at Fulham last week.

As said on Sky, when they briefly talked about us. The results in the four matches against the top six, were very big results for Silva. I agree means nothing if you go away to a relegated team and lose.
Bollocks. It shows the potential to compete against those sides which is more than weve seen for a long time from any Everton team. We would do it occasionally and have a "surprise" result but weve just taken 10 points of rs, arsenal, chelsea and utd in one run. It's something to build on for next season but as everyone is saying, consistency is key.

I think the question on Silva’s ability to manage a club of our caliber has been answered personally. Not just on the pitch but off it too, it’s been an achievement to regulate the virus sweeping the club over the past few years. While that remains a challenge clear progress has been made. It’s time to move on from a pretty irrelevant i was right or wrong on the internet debate.

The job of work now on the pitch is now evolution. There is a style of play and philosophey that is embedded. It’s about pressing in phases in strategic zones , limiting other teams ability to trigger quality and counter play. That is a foundation however.

It’s not surprise that we can beat teams in the top 6, in an open shoot out our philosophey is very effective at its base level. What we lack though and is evident in results in teams further down the table in the quality to beat a blanket defence Teams sitting behind the ball and spoiling or teams who set out to physically dominate us or who set out to physically battle us to win a foundations to play.. We don’t have the collective quality, the fire power, or the physical presence and battling qualities to dominate those teams. It’s a completely different skill set and game style.

That won’t improve until next season and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us get beat in our next two and get a result vs Spurs.

So the areas I mention is the job of work of Brands In he summer, to add the broad quality base, improve fire power and bring in physical presence and battling qualities into the squad.

The foundation has been set but we need vairence in those skills sets and vairence is the squad depth to begin to build the ground floor.

This thread has descended into I like him and I don’t, it’s pretty boring and lacking in any real analysis. It’s now the job of evolution and where Silva can take us and what is needed to grow in my opinion.

No one really notices or cares about who right or wrong on the internet.
Mad how it’s flipped isn’t it?

We used to be known for our physical game. Felliani, Cahil, Barry & Lukaku could battle with the best and with Cahill and Rom we could score, but really lacked enough technical plaYers to make the most of them.

Now we have some wonderful technical players but lack the physicality and killer finish...

Bollocks. It shows the potential to compete against those sides which is more than weve seen for a long time from any Everton team. We would do it occasionally and have a "surprise" result but weve just taken 10 points of rs, arsenal, chelsea and utd in one run. It's something to build on for next season but as everyone is saying, consistency is key.
I agree thats actually what I meant, we need consistency. I we can take the positives into next season.

The way we've played the last few weeks/month or so, Fulham aside, there's no reason we shouldn't be challenging top four next season.

Really? We dont have any depth.

I think the question on Silva’s ability to manage a club of our caliber has been answered personally. Not just on the pitch but off it too, it’s been an achievement to regulate the virus sweeping the club over the past few years. While that remains a challenge clear progress has been made. It’s time to move on from a pretty irrelevant i was right or wrong on the internet debate.

The job of work now on the pitch is now evolution. There is a style of play and philosophey that is embedded. It’s about pressing in phases in strategic zones , limiting other teams ability to trigger quality and counter play. That is a foundation however.

It’s not surprise that we can beat teams in the top 6, in an open shoot out our philosophey is very effective at its base level. What we lack though and is evident in results in teams further down the table in the quality to beat a blanket defence Teams sitting behind the ball and spoiling or teams who set out to physically dominate us or who set out to physically battle us to win a foundations to play.. We don’t have the collective quality, the fire power, or the physical presence and battling qualities to dominate those teams. It’s a completely different skill set and game style.

That won’t improve until next season and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us get beat in our next two and get a result vs Spurs.

So the areas I mention is the job of work of Brands In he summer, to add the broad quality base, improve fire power and bring in physical presence and battling qualities into the squad.

The foundation has been set but we need vairence in those skills sets and vairence is the squad depth to begin to build the ground floor.

This thread has descended into I like him and I don’t, it’s pretty boring and lacking in any real analysis. It’s now the job of evolution and where Silva can take us and what is needed to grow in my opinion.

No one really notices or cares about who right or wrong on the internet.
Very good post mate.

It's something that's dogged us since the latter two seasons under RM. We traded competing tooth and nail with those outside the top 5/6 while under Moyes for a team that could try and match up that top 5/6 but not dominate (or even convincingly compete with) the rest of the division.

I think the balance comes with spending a lot of money wisely. And that is why Koeman's period here was such a tragedy. He blew our best ever shot we're likely to have at competing with the whole of the PL.

I remember a quote from ages ago...when Silva was at Olympiakos it was said that "his team are so fantastic on the counter they almost have to give the ball to the opposition to be most effective".

I think hes close to finishing this stage of transition into a counter attacking side and in summer he will need to also add in how to be more effective in posession.

Mad how it’s flipped isn’t it?

We used to be known for our physical game. Felliani, Cahil, Barry & Lukaku could battle with the best and with Cahill and Rom we could score, but really lacked enough technical plaYers to make the most of them.

Now we have some wonderful technical players but lack the physicality and killer finish...

Looked pretty physical yesterday...like Royles old team.

Man Utd were the Premier League Runners-Up last season and are likely to finish in the top 4 again this season.

Beating them 1-0 is a great achievement, never mind 4-0.

Man Utd were the Premier League Runners-Up last season and are likely to finish in the top 4 again this season.

Beating them 1-0 is a great achievement, never mind 4-0.
Or they will likely be 6th and who we will be competing with. They’re going to spend a bazillion pounds this off season.

It’s going to be tough to compete with these guys and take time to get back to being the top of the PL, but it’s not impossible. Even if Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs spend money, they have weaknesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.