• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I’m pretty much in the “seen enough of this manager” camp, I can see the fairness in this. However, it’s the “what he has at his disposal” bit is what’s the most worrying. Just how has a club with our financial budget ended up with a squad of such averageness? Incompetence on a grand scale.

I’ve been middle fingered on here for suggesting giving EH a go. However, on a budget a fraction of ours, he’s managed to assemble an attacking force of Callum Wilson, Josh King, Ryan Fraser and David Brooks. No doubt there are some who think we have better than these boys? I don’t. Can Marco be blamed for that? Probably not tbf.

What this tells me though, is that there are players out there, and without spending zillions. Who the hell is in charge of our scouting system?
When we didn't have money to spend we usually bought very well, when we had money available we very often didn't do as well.... this was even true with David Moyes.

We bought badly and wasted pots of money and unfortunately we have to live with that and Brands/Silva have to try to improve matters which will take time.

He doesn't appear to be a great tactition,he sets the team up and out they go,if things go wrong he doesn't seem to be able to change the system to compensate.Then he just throws a couple of forwards on in the vain hope something will happen.
The stats seem to back this up at the very least. 3 points from losing positions is not a good looking stat. You can argue that a lot of those losses were from top teams. Not a good sign when you can’t rack up one win from 11 deficits though.

Nope. Just the Silva-in mob. A cancer to Everton succes.

I really object to this type of post. Whatever happened to respecting people's opinion, even if you don't agree with it.

What is wrong generally is the in/out debate swinging wildly from result to result without any apparent thought of the long term. I dare say you hold your beliefs about Silva dearly - that's fine it is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Personally I support whoever is the manager of the club until he is no longer manager, with the exception of Allardyce, who is an indelible stain on the good character of our club and should never have been let within a million miles of working for us.

Calling people a cancer on the club is going too far and you should really reconsider your approach to fellow blues.

A real Evertonian.

How could any real Evertonian think what has happened over these past twenty-odd years is acceptable? I include any Kenwright-backer in this. Stood by and did nothing, but back a man over what’s best for the club. Content to accept being average.

You don't speak for the rest of us. You don't know people's opinions yet have taken that to make assumptions that people think things are hunky dory. And can it with the 'real Evertonian' chuff, we are all Blues together, no matter if we are there in person or watching from afar, just because YOU aren't happy with things doesn't make you better than the rest of us, just smacks of total smug arrogance

So if what you're happy to accept as a supporter has a bearing on how successful you are as a club, how come we aren't Man City? We're the most miserable, hard to please fanbase in the division. Surely that makes the majority of us real Evertonians too by that logic?

We all want Everton to be up there fighting for the Premiership or at least top four but for different reasons we are not close to that.

Maybe, we are closer than results this season would suggest but still a long way off nevertheless.

We have two choices, in my opinion, to rectify this.

The first seems to be the route currently favoured. A young coach with a new director of football being given time to sort out the old squad, sign new young players at affordable price and hope the management team can in time deliver the progress required.

The second is to go all guns blazing.. again.. hire a coach like Mourinho, spends even bigger pots of money and hope delivers, knowing that if he doesn't a Leeds scenario may await us.

Fair enough. They've all been brought in for a fraction of what our attacking players. So we should be LOADS better than them, rather than just better.

I personally don't think you can judge either Silva or Brands in this first season. There's still a lot of mess to sort out before we're back on solid footing.

Koeman and Walsh set this club back years.

If you look at our attacking 4;

Bernard £0
DCL £1.5mil
Richarlison £35mil
Sigurdsson £43mil

They have Ibe (£16mil) Solanke (£19mil)

Brooks and Cook have been their best signings i think...

Wilson did nothing before this season + dont remember fraser doing much either

You don't speak for the rest of us. You don't know people's opinions yet have taken that to make assumptions that people think things are hunky dory. And can it with the 'real Evertonian' chuff, we are all Blues together, no matter if we are there in person or watching from afar, just because YOU aren't happy with things doesn't make you better than the rest of us, just smacks of total smug arrogance
I’d say I’m in the majority, and yes, I’d also say the match going fans are better Evertonians. After all, that’s why we skit Liverpool fans who never go to Anfield. The club also ran a slogan to that effect ‘We go the game’.

Some mitigating circumstances do apply, mostly financial, obviously.

I’d say I’m in the majority, and yes, I’d also say the match going fans are better Evertonians. After all, that’s why we skit Liverpool fans who never go to Anfield. The club also ran a slogan to that effect ‘We go the game’.

There's no such thing as a supporter power level mate. There never has been.

Regardless of how much anyone wants there to be one. You're no more of a supporter than someone who doesn't attend Goodison Park. This club is for everyone, your elitism isn't part of the club's identity.

What an absolute load of tripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.