• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smash Fulham and don't lose to United (can win that) and we're way on for 7th, especially given that Liverpool will dry bum Wolves on the final day.

Watford got FA Cup final plus Chelsea, Wolves and Arsenal in the league still. Leicestershire City still got to play Arsenal, City and Chelsea. Wolves' hardest two are Watford and Liverpool away plus Arsenal at home.

If Marco can get us to 7th, after a huge transitional season, and on the back of a stonking last third of the campaign, he'll regain my full support.

There needs to be a sit down at the end of the season involving Moshiri, Brands and Silva and a review of the season made. For the most part it'll be a matter of saying what went right. Players bought by and large were a success (Mina aside), average starting line up age reduced significantly, an established style of play/identity emerging nicely, results against so called bigger clubs decent.

However, the stuff that went wrong was the lack of sale of players not required which, in turn, prevented any incomings in January and cratered us with a slump in form. Silva needs to press his bosses into committing more investment above and beyond player sales, because Brands isn't looking like he has the knack of shifting players out, apart from loan deals.

If Silva isn't guaranteed that investment then we may as well call it a day under Moshiri. He backed his own judgemenet on Silva by poaching him, it's his and his DoF's responsibility to give the man the tools to do the job they ask of him.
Never miss an opportunity do you dave

He had to spend £50M on one player. That didn't leave much else to spread around rebuilding a squad that Koeman wasted £200M on.

Silva has been patient on the lack of backing in January. He never complained. That doesn't mean he wants that failure of Brands and Moshiri to continue into the summer window.

We know we have a manager now. We have an owner who released club generated cash in the past - will he release club generated funds again in the summer? We know also that Brands cant sell. The last two named men need to up their games 100%.

I Mean he was left a mess but not strictly true that is it

5 players he signed are playing every single week ( digne, zouma or mina, gomes, Bernard and Richie )

he started well and is finishing well but there just no excuses for that dreadful run between xmas and March, he could have been sacked and was probably lucky not to have been

He had to spend £50M on one player. That didn't leave much else to spread around rebuilding a squad that Koeman wasted £200M on.

Silva has been patient on the lack of backing in January. He never complained. That doesn't mean he wants that failure of Brands and Moshiri to continue into the summer window.

We know we have a manager now. We have an owner who released club generated cash in the past - will he release club generated funds again in the summer? We know also that Brands cant sell. The last two named men need to up their games 100%.

To sell Dave one has to have a buyer now of the ones we want out any idea which club might be interested? Don't agree with your feelings towards Branch, like Silva in his first year.

I Mean he was left a mess but not strictly true that is it

5 players he signed are playing every single week ( digne, zouma or mina, gomes, Bernard and Richie )

he started well and is finishing well but there just no excuses for that dreadful run between xmas and March, he could have been sacked and was probably lucky not to have been
If he's finishing well then he shouldn't have been sacked should he? So he wasn't 'lucky' at all, he was vindicated. That's where these decisions are more complicated than many fans like to think. You have to weigh up whether you can see the possibility of long term improvement when deciding whether to sack the manager, not just say a couple of bad results in a row means automatic job loss.

Many of us could see that we weren't that far away and so advocated keeping him, and now it's starting to bear fruit. Whether we can keep it up, who knows, but he's got every bit as much chance of making it work as whoever we'd have replaced him with. We had a really bad run and it shouldn't be forgotten, but on the whole the season has panned out in a way most people would have been at least relatively happy with before it started. On that basis, all shouts for him to be sacked were OTT.

Seems just to be clicking that bit better, Bernard looks a far better player, DCL seems to be very settled in the role he's ben as to play and Richarlison is playing on his feet more than rolling round. Gomes seems a lot better and has been studying a best of Gareth Barry DVD,

There's been lots of little improvements that Silva deserves credit for, that mid season run seems so odd now on reflection.

If he's finishing well then he shouldn't have been sacked should he? So he wasn't 'lucky' at all, he was vindicated. That's where these decisions are more complicated than many fans like to think. You have to weigh up whether you can see the possibility of long term improvement when deciding whether to sack the manager, not just say a couple of bad results in a row means automatic job loss.

Many of us could see that we weren't that far away and so advocated keeping him, and now it's starting to bear fruit. Whether we can keep it up, who knows, but he's got every bit as much chance of making it work as whoever we'd have replaced him with. We had a really bad run and it shouldn't be forgotten, but on the whole the season has panned out in a way most people would have been at least relatively happy with before it started. On that basis, all shouts for him to be sacked were OTT.

I didn't say he should have been sacked, I always said he should stay until the end of the season, I said he COULD have been sacked, massive difference, and let's be honest he could have been sacked given moshiris record in sacking managers and given what football is like at the moment in regards to giving time to managers

I didn't say he should have been sacked, I always said he should stay until the end of the season, I said he COULD have been sacked, massive difference, and let's be honest he could have been sacked given moshiris record in sacking managers and given what football is like at the moment in regards to giving time to managers
I didn't say you did. You said he was 'probably lucky' not to have been, and I've just told you why he wasn't. There's a massive difference between could and should yes, but there's not a massive difference between should and 'probably lucky not to be'.

I didn't say you did. You said he was 'probably lucky' not to have been, and I've just told you why he wasn't. There's a massive difference between could and should yes, but there's not a massive difference between should and 'probably lucky not to be'.

he was lucky though, koeman and Martinez where binned for going through bad spells whereas fat sam was binned because he's a blurt how was silva not lucky he wasn't binned after a truly dreadful 3 months?

in hindsight yes it's worked out ok as we're playing very well at the minute and we was right not to sack him ( again at the time even though we was shocking I did insist sacking him wouldn't be right ) that doesn't mean he wasn't lucky

"but there's not a massive difference between should and 'probably lucky not to be'."
well there is, should would insinuate I think he should have been sacked when I don't think he should have, but going off previous managers record at everton he COULD have been sacked hence he was lucky not to have been

he was lucky though, koeman and Martinez where binned for going through bad spells whereas fat sam was binned because he's a blurt how was silva not lucky he wasn't binned after a truly dreadful 3 months?

in hindsight
yes it's worked out ok as we're playing very well at the minute and we was right not to sack him ( again at the time even though we was shocking I did insist sacking him wouldn't be right ) that doesn't mean he wasn't lucky

"but there's not a massive difference between should and 'probably lucky not to be'." well there is, should would insinuate I think he should have been sacked when I don't think he should have, but going off previous managers record at everton he COULD have been sacked hence he was lucky not to have been
Hindsight for you, foresight for others, which was the original point. You couldn't see things getting better and so can only put his survival down to pure luck, while others could see things getting better and so put his survival down to a DoF actually understanding football.

And yes, saying 'how was Silva lucky he wasn't binned after a truly dreadful 3 months' definitely makes it sound like you think he should have been sacked.

Martinez's 'bad spell' lasted 2 years mate, not 10 games, if you can't see the difference there I can't help you.

Hindsight for you, foresight for others, which was the original point. You couldn't see things getting better and so can only put his survival down to pure luck, while others could see things getting better and so put his survival down to a DoF actually understanding football.

And yes, saying 'how was Silva lucky he wasn't binned after a truly dreadful 3 months' definitely makes it sound like you think he should have been sacked.

Martinez's 'bad spell' lasted 2 years mate, not 10 games, if you can't see the difference there I can't help you.

so patronising you yenno and I don't even think you realise ahahhaha

can spin what I said as many ways as you want, saying someone is lucky not to have been sacked given the fate of our previous managers isn't the same as thinking he should have been sacked

I can see where this will go, you will reply saying it's the same I will reply saying it's not, end game is we'll get nowhere so lets just leave it at your a lizard and were gonna win the league

so patronising you yenno and I don't even think you realise ahahhaha

can spin what I said as many ways as you want, saying someone is lucky not to have been sacked given the fate of our previous managers isn't the same as thinking he should have been sacked

I can see where this will go, you will reply saying it's the same I will reply saying it's not, end game is we'll get nowhere so lets just leave it at your a lizard and were gonna win the league
I do realise, it's extremely deliberate. Of course an intelligent person would have realised that, but you can only beat what's put in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.