• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the team is improving and the football is getting better yes I would, Getting a new manager would just set us back AGAIN and we'd have to waste another season for the team to take to the new managers ideas.
Silva should be given room to breathe with boundaries of course, Brands helps with the players but he doesn't set the team or the style of the team. We'll just be going in circles at this point if we change to another manager which is what people are fed up with, You seem to think everyone will just accept us being mediocre because we're not demanding 7th, No lad we just understand it's a process that won't be instantly achieved whether you think getting 7th is easy or not.

But what you say doesnt make sense. We have been awful this year but are 4 points off 7th to a side people are raving about as having had a fab season and their manager deserving manager of the season award.

Their is also a massive gap between top 6 and those below - being best of the rest should be a given if we continue to spend the money we have been - those saying money doesnt matter tell that to the top 6 clubs who consistently win trophies and titles. Again 7th isnt a massive ask and those who saying it is are trying to advocate we are on a level playing field with clubs like Watford and Wolves which is false considering we spend more money than them year on year.

Ny next point is as you say if we improve next season surely we shouldn't be still stuck in 9/10/11?

Brands signs the players, sets the philosophy Silva is simply a coach EFC do not employ managers anymore they employ coaches and losing Silva wouldn't change very much if anything as Brands employs the next bloke who can work with this squad/the style set by him NOT Silva.

Watford for example chop and change every season yet do not spend massive money like we have had too as they have a structure running through the club.

Mate we haven’t won anything since 1995 and haven’t come close to challenging for the league since we won it in 1987

We’ve had 2 good seasons in 31 years.

Im not demanding top 6 however 7th and a good showing in the cups is more than capable of a side who's in the top 5 league spenders the past 3 seasons.

We have been hamstrung by Johnson and Kenwright for most of those 31 years - now we have money we should be demanding we are finishing above sides who spend a third of what we are otherwise whats even the point? Thats like Chelsea or Arsenal being happy finishing below us despite having the advantage of a bigger transfer budget.

Watford are bound for nowhere. Sad but that often seems to be the case with clubs like that. No history and no future, just an occasional good spasm amongst much mediocrity. Just glad to be in the top league.

But what you say doesnt make sense. We have been awful this year but are 4 points off 7th to a side people are raving about as having had a fab season and their manager deserving manager of the season award.

Their is also a massive gap between top 6 and those below - being best of the rest should be a given if we continue to spend the money we have been - those saying money doesnt matter tell that to the top 6 clubs who consistently win trophies and titles. Again 7th isnt a massive ask and those who saying it is are trying to advocate we are on a level playing field with clubs like Watford and Wolves which is false considering we spend more money than them year on year.

Ny next point is as you say if we improve next season surely we shouldn't be still stuck in 9/10/11?

Brands signs the players, sets the philosophy Silva is simply a coach EFC do not employ managers anymore they employ coaches and losing Silva wouldn't change very much if anything as Brands employs the next bloke who can work with this squad/the style set by him NOT Silva.

Watford for example chop and change every season yet do not spend massive money like we have had too as they have a structure running through the club.
Being a best of the rest should not be a given because we've spent money, You could spend all that money on gash oh wait that's what Everton actually have done recently (Not including Silva/Brand signings in this statement.) The top 6 have had a solid sturdy squad for many MANY seasons which Everton do not have which is why we mix among the top half of the table. You seem to fixated on money and that having spent so much money we should be getting 7th easily, That's just utter nonsense imo. Having money is only 1 slice of the pie to becoming a top club.
No one is saying 7th is a massive ask people are saying they won't demand it under the club's current rebuild process which is entirely fair. Burnley finished 6/7th last year and are fighting relegation lad it means nothing finishing 6/7th for a single season.

By improve I mean Football, The football is better and the results is better, Beating the fodder teams and hopefully getting results against the top 6 and build a young squad that can lead us for many years, Getting a top half finish isn't end of the world nor does it mean we're on the same level as Wolves or Watford.

Brands is signing the players and deciding on which model he wants the team to be which is a squad of 23/25 year olds and below fighting and getting better each season, If you think losing a coach isn't going to affect the team then you are completely lost in what Silva and Brands do.
This is not Brands style of Football, It's Silva's style of Football.
Brands and Silva haven't even had a year and people are always going to the extremes as Everton fans do, Understand patience is thin because this club has been a joke for years but we have to start somewhere and maybe Brands and Silva deserve some space to put the rebuilding future plan into action which will take a lot longer than 1-2 seasons.
You clearly have no patience at all for this idea of Brands and Silva and just want 7th 7th 7th 7th instantly because we've spent money we have to finish 7th, Just not how Football works these days unless you're one of the stacked clubs like the Uniteds and Chelsea's.

4 clean sheets out of 5 games
Apart from 1 half against Chelsea and 30 mins against Newcastle we have been very good
I’m no big Silva fan and 1 swallow doesn’t make a summer, but I can see progress and so far I’ve faith in Brands
His record at PSV speaks for itself and so far he hasn’t put a foot wrong here
As I said in an earlier post,the games v Fulham and Burnley will be the important ones.I'm happy to see steady improvement,so beating an already relegated side and a poor Burnley should be a given.If not. for me it continues the doubts.

Being a best of the rest should not be a given because we've spent money, You could spend all that money on gash oh wait that's what Everton actually have done recently (Not including Silva/Brand signings in this statement.) The top 6 have had a solid sturdy squad for many MANY seasons which Everton do not have which is why we mix among the top half of the table. You seem to fixated on money and that having spent so much money we should be getting 7th easily, That's just utter nonsense imo. Having money is only 1 slice of the pie to becoming a top club.
No one is saying 7th is a massive ask people are saying they won't demand it under the club's current rebuild process which is entirely fair. Burnley finished 6/7th last year and are fighting relegation lad it means nothing finishing 6/7th for a single season.

By improve I mean Football, The football is better and the results is better, Beating the fodder teams and hopefully getting results against the top 6 and build a young squad that can lead us for many years, Getting a top half finish isn't end of the world nor does it mean we're on the same level as Wolves or Watford.

Brands is signing the players and deciding on which model he wants the team to be which is a squad of 23/25 year olds and below fighting and getting better each season, If you think losing a coach isn't going to affect the team then you are completely lost in what Silva and Brands do.
This is not Brands style of Football, It's Silva's style of Football.
Brands and Silva haven't even had a year and people are always going to the extremes as Everton fans do, Understand patience is thin because this club has been a joke for years but we have to start somewhere and maybe Brands and Silva deserve some space to put the rebuilding future plan into action which will take a lot longer than 1-2 seasons.
You clearly have no patience at all for this idea of Brands and Silva and just want 7th 7th 7th 7th instantly because we've spent money we have to finish 7th, Just not how Football works these days unless you're one of the stacked clubs like the Uniteds and Chelsea's.

When you say stacked you do realise the gap in recent spending of clubs like Chelsea compared to us is the same as clubs like us to sides like Watford and Newcastle at present.

We've spent the following:

Siggurdsson: £45 million
Richarlison: £40 million
Keane: £30 million
Pickford: £30 million
Mina: £28.5 million
Digne: £18 million

I didnt include the garbage like Morgan, Bolasie, Tosun etc. as they are no help to us. My point is add a likely £50 million to that list for Gomes and Zouma in the summer and a hypothetical further 2-3 players including a good CF - not one single side around in the table can boast that sort of spending power.

You may be willing to give Silva 5 years to get one 7th placed finish but Moshiri isn't- he's said 11th isnt good enough however he has to give the manager time to improve next season and thats ultimately the situation regardless of if fans like it or not - Silva has to show he can take us into Europe to get that final year of his contract, theirs no way Moshiri will continue funding the spending unless we start to improve.

Its funny because if Mosh stopped spending due to the lack of progress the same fans accepting of the manager's underperformance would be the first blaming Moshiri for the poor results "well Silva hasnt been given the funds for a new RB how can you expect anything better than 10th in his 3rd season at the club?".

Its a vicious cycle - the owner spends the money and the manager has to meet the owners expectations, if he doesn't he won't see out a 3rd season imo.

Yeah and employing Koeman and Walsh was the correct choice at the time...both were highly thought of in the league. I mean you mention DBB and Kenwright which have no bearings on the pitch so it's clear where your thoughts lie.
It clearly wasn’t the right choice to appoint them, was it?

Kenwright brought in the biggest earner in this club’s history, in Wayne Rooney. He is an interfering prat who should have been chased out long ago.

DBB is just a shortsighted appointment, done on the cheap.

Please reread the things you post. They’re really weird.

On Silva. I’m intrigued as to how next season will go. My fear is exactly the same as this one. I certainly will not be ‘expecting’ 7th.

There are waaay too many variables for us to be expecting anything. Mainly how bad we’ve been at times this year.

And we have no right expecting anything.

And despite my huge reservations in Silva I am impressed that the players like him and that the head honchos are true to their word in giving him time.

this really.

When you say stacked you do realise the gap in recent spending of clubs like Chelsea compared to us is the same as clubs like us to sides like Watford and Newcastle at present.

We've spent the following:

Siggurdsson: £45 million
Richarlison: £40 million
Keane: £30 million
Pickford: £30 million
Mina: £28.5 million
Digne: £18 million

I didnt include the garbage like Morgan, Bolasie, Tosun etc. as they are no help to us. My point is add a likely £50 million to that list for Gomes and Zouma in the summer and a hypothetical further 2-3 players including a good CF - not one single side around in the table can boast that sort of spending power.

You may be willing to give Silva 5 years to get one 7th placed finish but Moshiri isn't- he's said 11th isnt good enough however he has to give the manager time to improve next season and thats ultimately the situation regardless of if fans like it or not - Silva has to show he can take us into Europe to get that final year of his contract, theirs no way Moshiri will continue funding the spending unless we start to improve.

Its funny because if Mosh stopped spending due to the lack of progress the same fans accepting of the manager's underperformance would be the first blaming Moshiri for the poor results "well Silva hasnt been given the funds for a new RB how can you expect anything better than 10th in his 3rd season at the club?".

Its a vicious cycle - the owner spends the money and the manager has to meet the owners expectations, if he doesn't he won't see out a 3rd season imo.

That's not really correct. The Manager doesn't buy players. He can recommend what the team needs, he can tell the D of F if he doesn't think a certain player fit into what he's trying to do, but the results and table position isn't exclusively due to managing - or really, coaching. It has to do with transfers and player acquisition.

4 clean sheets out of 5 games
Apart from 1 half against Chelsea and 30 mins against Newcastle we have been very good
I’m no big Silva fan and 1 swallow doesn’t make a summer, but I can see progress and so far I’ve faith in Brands
His record at PSV speaks for itself and so far he hasn’t put a foot wrong here

I believe thats the big thing that kept me on side with Silva (just about) was that relationship with Brands. He clearly likes him and works well with him. The fact all the transfers have (at the very least) shown promise and others have been fantastic is a big sign in that too. If you accept that premise, you also have to accept it's unlikely Brands is working to strict 1/2/3/5 year plans as we are with fixed deadlines. He is looking to see things moving forwards.

As fans we are acutely aware of the length of time since we last won trophy, last won a big away game etc etc. But to Brands and therefore for Silva that really will not bother them enormously. They will treat it as year zero and work forward. There will be little shortcutting along the way.

If people like Brands, which I think most do here then you also have to give him the right tools as well. Silva seems to be a coach he likes. Continual change won't be helping people or players so it's good he is here to stay for a bit. I do think we have hit rock bottom with Silva and it won't get worse than we've seen.

In honesty, the Millwall game was about as low as I've felt watching Everton. We were completely out fought by a poor championship team. A part of that though is I am desperate for us to win a trophy, but that desperation won't be shared in quite the same way by Brands (who will be looking for stable success). If a change were to happen it would have been after that game, but in fairness Silva has turned it around.

After that moment I have sympathy with him. Even the Newcastle game you state, the goalkeeper makes 5 enormous mistakes which we get punished with for 3 goals. There's not a lot you can do about that as a manager. I am more worried about Brighton away, Leicester at home, Watford/Newcastle than I am Newcastle away.

The foundations look to be getting laid now though. You can see players improving, gaining consistency and gaining more confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.