• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People complain that Silva needed to start getting wins on the board and he beats Chelsea and now the problem is "Well we should have lost first half we were lucky to win need to start seeing two good halves of football for my decision to change!!!"
Like come on people are just making rolling targets that this guy needs to meet, First win over a top 6 side since 2017 btw.

I never said we were lucky to win Chelsea, i said we were lucky in the first half which is a fact. They could have been at least 3 up by half time as we were poor and they had plenty of chances. We were definitely much better in the 2nd half and deserved to win in the end. So yes it is good getting a win against a top 6 side but not getting a win against a top 6 side for 2 years is proper shameful and nothing to be proud of.

You have to put everything into perspective. Our form since the beginning of December i.e the last 18 games is absolutely disgraceful. 4 wins, 3 draws and 11 losses so therefore it is very reasonable to say that is going to take more than beating 1 below par top 6 team to repair that form. We need to go on a run now for the rest of the season and show some consistency in these final 7 games. I hope we do but it is sensible to be cautious given the previous 18 games.

There is no getting away from the fact that if Silva doesn't manage to better last seasons performance and points tally which was lets be honest very poor, then we will have gone backwards and his first season has to go down as a failure and the hierarchy will need to consider his position for the future when the season has ended.

But that is just my opinion of course.

If he’s here next season, which I believe he will be 100%, he has to demand a budget that’s sufficient enough to fix this squad.

CF, CM, RB and CB is needed at a bear minimum. Looking at needing at least £150m+
To me, he needs two more CMs/DMs. Gomes isn't one. He's just hamstrung tactically.

Wonder if/when we beat West Ham will you, your other two accounts and the rest of the brigade recognise that maybe, just maybe he's starting to turn things around?
I think he has turned it around, and unless we fail to win another game, he certainly has until Christmas.
Personaly I would like us to change him in the summer but don't think we will. So for that reason just hope we not only win more games, but work on the players we are unsure about and certain positions.
Give Mina the rest of the season, see what he can do, same with Kenny and Davies also more time, it won't do them any harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.