• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked that you'd take such a negative stance Dy

SHOCKED I say!

God himself could come down from heaven to deliver you a free pizza and you'd still complain about the toppings

I'm not the one that has had Everton in relegation form for four months. I'm not the one that has us incapable of beating any side in the top 10. I'm not the one that has a history of utter failure in English football. I'm not manager of Everton Football Club.

Silva is.

And the idea that bemoaning all of the above makes you negative is ridiculous. He is an absolutely crap manager, as his record suggests that he is. Watford had the sense to bin him off and upgrade with a superior manager, why on earth are we not doing the same?

He's the worst Everton manager of this Millennium!

I'm not the one that has had Everton in relegation form for four months. I'm not the one that has us incapable of beating any side in the top 10. I'm not the one that has a history of utter failure in English football. I'm not manager of Everton Football Club.

Silva is.

And the idea that bemoaning all of the above makes you negative is ridiculous. He is an absolutely crap manager, as his record suggests that he is. Watford had the sense to bin him off and upgrade with a superior manager, why on earth are we not doing the same?

He's the worst Everton manager of this Millennium!

I don't think I've seen you post a single positive or constructive thing ever on this forum

Everything you post is either negative or incendiary

You must be an absolute hoot at parties

Buzz Killington with extra etchings

Let's just say it makes you kind of hard to take seriously, especially when you're so hyperbolic

But hey-ho

I don't think I've seen you post a single positive or constructive thing ever on this forum

Let's just say it makes you kind of hard to take seriously

But hey-ho

This is nonsense. When there has been reason for positivity, I have engaged in it. Martinez' first season etc, I was even bigging up Koeman after his first season. But my posts are really beside the point, the issue is that we are employing the crappest manager in the league, and we need to take a leaf out of Watford's book and get rid of him so that we can upgrade with a superior manager.

I'm not advocating sacking or keeping Silva with the below statement for the record. There are arguments either side including the thread I created.

But essentially the question 'who would we replace Silva with?' is assuming that in the entire world, there isn't a better manager.

I don't understand why Silva is the best we can get in some eyes. Thinking we can't get a better manager at all is accepting wherever we end up this season as the standard and not competing with the teams outside the top 6 which is where we should really be.

I'm not advocating sacking or keeping Silva with the below statement for the record. There are arguments either side including the thread I created.

But essentially the question 'who would we replace Silva with?' is assuming that in the entire world, there isn't a better manager.

I don't understand why Silva is the best we can get in some eyes. Thinking we can't get a better manager at all is accepting wherever we end up this season as the standard and not competing with the teams outside the top 6 which is where we should really be.

I don't think it's assuming that at all. They are asking that as they genuinely don't know who else to get who wont also be a gamble, who won't also need patience if they don't start well.

The issue is with Moshiri's known methodology to employ so-called "flavour of the month" candidates seemingly without engaging in a more robust, thorough search process.

I think for the position we are in, there is never going to be an obvious silver-bullet manager that will come in and solve everything.

You can make a reasonable argument that with Brands experience as DOF, one would assume that the next time we are looking, the process "might" be altogether more structured and we leave no stone unturned assessing who is out there and appointing, within the constraints, the best person available.

That contrasts to Moshiri's increasingly bizarre looking fixation with appointing Silva, so much so that the circumstances of his departure from Watford probably made him feel morally obliged to appoint him, regardless of anyone more suitable appearing on the horizon in the interim period.

He got 7th with no budget in his first season. He had earned it himself.
This is just round in circles.

Martinez 5th first season.
Koeman 7th first season
Both were sacked after 2nd/3rd season collapse.
Moyes wasnt...he was given tim.

Do you think Silva will or should get the same amount of time before being bulleted ?

I don't think it's assuming that at all. They are asking that as they genuinely don't know who else to get who wont also be a gamble, who won't also need patience if they don't start well.
To be fair.

It's not down to us to pick someone. We can throw a hundred names about but without them being here it's a schrodingers cat.

But going back to when Moyes left us. Managers like biesla , tuchel, klopp, Emery were available and we went with the fella relegated down the road.

There is always talented coaches out there , often before the big club's come calling.

Let's just say it makes you kind of hard to take seriously, especially when you're so hyperbolic

But hey-ho

your not exactly all smiles yourself mick

This is just round in circles.

Martinez 5th first season.
Koeman 7th first season
Both were sacked after 2nd/3rd season collapse.
Moyes wasnt...he was given tim.

Do you think Silva will or should get the same amount of time before being bulleted ?
It's a fair point to also say there are similarities between them.

Koeman was Moyes esq, Silva is Martinez esq.

Past experience tells us what we will probably end up with.

Especially considering koeman proved he could get teams Into Europa but not further, which did include a free run into the top 4 he failed at. Ala Moyes time here, who never took advantage of slip ups at the top.

Martinez relegated manager, won a cup but struggled to beat teams above him. Ended here only beating the bottom 3 teams over a space of 5 months.

Silva hasn't beaten anyone in the top 9, won a cup elsewhere , only experience besides Watford's drop in form (again exactly like this season ) was .....relegated with hull.

Perhaps the answer is to hire a manager outside of these set ideas we have for a manager?

To be fair.

It's not down to us to pick someone. We can throw a hundred names about but without them being here it's a schrodingers cat.

But going back to when Moyes left us. Managers like biesla , tuchel, klopp, Emery were available and we went with the fella relegated down the road.

There is always talented coaches out there , often before the big club's come calling.

There always is....but in the current situation we are unlikely to get somebody like that. We will go a tier below, and hopefully from another league in Europe.

And then they will need time.

So
There always is....but in the current situation we are unlikely to get somebody like that. We will go a tier below, and hopefully from another league in Europe.

And then they will need time.
Yes they do.

My belief is backing a manager who shows reason to be backed. Considering I posted a thread explaining all the factors that defends Silva , I can say this openly .

Silva isn't showing signs of improvement. There isn't any back to basics from him, we had 17 days off and so far we have a Cardiff win to show for it. Our last 2 wins since December have been against 2 of the bottom 3.

This isn't progress, this isn't giving me anything to get behind. If he is struggling right now to even get results for such a long period of time then how is more time going to change that? History proves he will do it again , two different squads and two identical drop in form from him at the same time. Except now he has had more time and is drowning.

So

Yes they do.

My belief is backing a manager who shows reason to be backed. Considering I posted a thread explaining all the factors that defends Silva , I can say this openly .

Silva isn't showing signs of improvement. There isn't any back to basics from him, we had 17 days off and so far we have a Cardiff win to show for it. Our last 2 wins since December have been against 2 of the bottom 3.

This isn't progress, this isn't giving me anything to get behind. If he is struggling right now to even get results for such a long period of time then how is more time going to change that? History proves he will do it again , two different squads and two identical drop in form from him at the same time. Except now he has had more time and is drowning.

True but....he is here until summer either way. What will change by the start of next season will be the squad....and hopefully close to major level needed....and that is how more time might change things.

Status
Not open for further replies.