• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 games in after 3 managers in 3 years and a whole mess left behind, not lost one, but carry on bed wetting some of you.

Zzzz

It's fairly obvious that most posters are (correctly) directing their ire at players who have consistently underperformed (like Davies) rather than the manager.

It's not bedwetting as some of these players have been awful regardless of who the manager is.

Fair assessment in the ECHO from him. Doesn't shy away from it.

Marco Silva says Everton failed to show enough speed or creativity to break down Huddersfield.

Everton dominated possession but were unable to convert that into clearcut chances with Calvert-Lewin's first-half goal the team's only shot on target.

Silva refused to blame the absence of key players and says his side didn't play with enough tempo to get the win.

"They showed big respect for our team but we have to be aware it can happen every time and you have to, in some moments of the game, play faster, create chances and we didn't do that," Silva said.

"We were worse in the second-half, we controlled the possession but we were too slow, and in these games we have to have creativity in our game, play faster in our offensive part and disorganise these type of teams when they come here."

Asked about how much Everton missed the suspended Richarlison today, Silva responded: "Not just Richarlison. Richarlison in this moment, I don't want to find an excuse about being out or not.

"The injury to Theo wasn't the best thing for us, Gana is a player who can put different intensity in our game in moments as well but we play with 11 players and we have the quality to do different things with the players that were on the pitch."

The final whistle was met with a smattering of jeers but Silva had no problem with some fans venting their frustrations in that way.

"For me it is normal, they always want to win, they want to see a good performance and it is normal," he said.

"We are a big club and we have to do everything to win the match, In some moments we will achieve that, in other moments we don't achieve that."

Silva confirmed that Theo Walcott came off just before the hour mark with a rib injury.

Yes he told players to get sent off and pick up injuries. That makes a lot of sense.

Get a grip mate.
Yeah, cos that’s the only reason we’ve been dropping points. Nothing to do with that dreadful zonal marking on corner.

You get a grip and see what is in front of your eyes.

All three could play in any team from 7th down and do a decent job. You could replace them with strikers from teams below and you wouldn’t notice much difference in our team. All much of a muchness. Unfortunately we were spoiled with a top 4 striker and never replaced him with anyone close. Out of the three I would like to see DCL upfront over a few games, he’s never had the time or the chance. It’s not as if we are gonna miss Tosun’s goals giving him a go.
My main gripe is in terms of there being no variety with them. I'd like to have seen a Llorente type brought in.

Yes, he needs time.

I just cant get it out of my mind though that he's watched Tosun and DCL and Niasse and thought they could offer us anything other than average performances. A manager swithced on there would have seen days like this and secured a different type of player that could be the arrow head for a Plan B.
As much as I like the story of Niasse I can not see any other reason that he kept him than his earlier positive experiences with him. The other two are a bit of the same cloth I feel. I never have the feeling they will create some unexpected moment of magic. But that being said I believe not bringing a new striker was a deliberate choise considering all other things that needed fixing after hurricane Koeman. Neither DCL or Tosun are disasters luckily enough. And Silva himself said it correctly about Niasse,he has something unpredictable about him I think it was what was said.

Yeah, cos that’s the only reason we’ve been dropping points. Nothing to do with that dreadful zonal marking on corner.

You get a grip and see what is in front of your eyes.

I'm not going overboard on 4 games. He gets a season from me like all managers, except those called Sam Allardyce.

Yes the marking is crap. And yes today was absolute manure, but the whole of last season, literally everything, was crap.

It will be a while before we are a fluent attacking team and the fact all the current managers players are injured is not going to help. Why would you expect those players who flopped miserably last year to suddenly look great?

Get a grip and stop talking about pressure on a manager after 4 games and zero losses. There's a lot more wrong at this club over the last 30 years than just managers.

EqualCorruptDachshund-max-1mb.gif

Yes I was there. Do you mean the few boos at the end from a few idiots? Or the smattering of boos probably in shock when Baines came on? Are you one of these people who like to foster the image of a crowd always booing their team? It never happened, just in case those who never went today might believe you.

Fair assessment in the ECHO from him. Doesn't shy away from it.
I think though that there's an element of saying "we doubled down on Plan A in the second half".

Now to me he drew that conclusion because he was left with no option other than to do that.

An extra - and different type of - striker was required in the summer.

Thsi will hapen again and again, almost regardless of whether Richardson or whoever is on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.