• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that to an extent but we have brought in almost a brand new team over the last 3 windows including the ones Brands brought in. If you are including those players as being suspect mentally as well than that's just terrible recruitment from Brands as well, no?

Well yep, as I say it's a whole raft of issues. I'm just saying management and players both to blame.

I know I know another Moyes era shout but I remember conceding back then and looking forward to a good fight back. and also if we scored first we'd like go on to win. especially 2005 you'd stick a fork in it at 1 nil up.

tbf, I think my post proved that in the main, when we've scored first we've won.

Spurs apart - a mad game against the best team that has played us this year, imo, when we tried to go toe-to-toe without a crucial player and were made to pay - once we score first we are unlikely not to win.

In fact, it mainly happened early in the season (Wolves v B'mouth) and in both those games there were mitigating circumstances. Wolves - Jagielka red, B'mout - Rich red (albeit B'mouth went down to 10) but also a stupid mistake by Baines that let them back in the game.

Really, there's only Watford and Spurs this season where we've not played well enough to win after taking the lead.

"Unlike other modern coaches such as Jurgen Klopp, the Portuguese’s first thought is to keep a clean sheet, rather than to out-gun their opponents. Even at a side with a crowd as demanding of dominating, attacking football like Olympiakos, Silva’s priority was organisation and defensive structure. His main form of attack is counter attack – the Greeks even used to joke that his side were so eager to counter, they would often consider giving the ball to their opponents just to break on them."

WTF??
It means a clean sheet for the opposition mate.

Clearly we need to be better everywhere, but the point I was making is that it's not really right to say 'we can't defend'. People are making out like we're shambolic defensively but we're really not. We are from set pieces, but conceding 11 goals in 9 games absolutely should not mean that you lose 6 times.

We are a shambles at the back, we get caught out with balls over the top, we get split open easily also. The reason teams don’t do it even more is because they don’t have to, they keep it tight and score a set piece , Everytime we go ahead and a team needs to score from open play or whatever , they usually do

We are a shambles at the back, we get caught out with balls over the top, we get split open easily also. The reason teams don’t do it even more is because they don’t have to, they keep it tight and score a set piece , Everytime we go ahead and a team needs to score from open play or whatever , they usually do
So you think teams don’t really bother trying to score because they assume they’ll get a set piece and score from it at some point, and we definitely won’t score in reply? Think I’ll just add it to the list of utter tosh you’ve posted recently, if I can find space.

Off the top of my head (league games):

Scored first
  1. Wolves (A) - draw
  2. S'ton (H) - win
  3. B'mouth (A) - draw
  4. Fulham (H) - win
  5. Leicester (A) - win
  6. Palace (H) - win
  7. Brighton (H) - win
  8. Cardiff (H) - win
  9. Watford (H) - draw
  10. Spurs (H) - lost
  11. Burnley (A) - win
  12. B'mouth (H) - win
  13. Huddersfield (A) - win
Conceded first
  1. Huddersfield (H) - draw
  2. West Ham (H) - lost
  3. Arsenal (A) - lost
  4. Man Utd (A) - lost
  5. Liverpool (A) - lost [hard to count this like due to when the goal was scored!]
  6. Newcastle (H) - draw
  7. Man City (A) - lost
  8. Brighton (A) - lost
  9. Leicester (H) - lost
  10. S'ton (A) - lost
  11. Wolves (H) - lost
  12. Man City (H) - lost
  13. Watford (A) - lost
So yep, to me there's a clear issue in that as soon as we concede, this weak squad just caves. To have only got two points from losing positions is disgraceful.

Equally, we haven't dropped many points when we've got ourselves ahead.
supports my contention that Marco's men o' war are an armada of jellyfish...blue bottlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.