• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not hope now...it’s pray!

Unless marco wakes up and realises he needs to pay to the players strengths we’re screwed.

But I don’t want us losing either even if it means disrupting the other half’s chances!

When were we only about not letting Liverpool win? Thought it was about us?

As much as I feel Marco is over his head....if he can turn this around I’m with him. It’s not about him or Liverpool but about US getting back to where we ought to be!

COYB!!!!
I'm not even going to try and dispute it, it's just an honour to talk to you Ric. Godspeed.

Eddie Howe. NOW.
big_1421879097_image.jpg

FUGYUEDDIIIEEEE

This is not a bad spell...this is pure relegation form...see the stats
Every bad spell is 'relegation form' if it continues. I don't expect it to continue until the end of the season although I don't think we will have a run of form that sees us make much progress up the table. I reckon we will finish any where between 9th and 14th, and this is hugely disappointing but should not be quite as surprising as it feels. I think it is hard to overstate the complete disarray of a squad Silva inherited and you simply don't sort that out in one window. The summer will require another batch of offloads that will not be easy with the wages they are on and some more quality additions. That would get us back to being 7/8 as a minimum but will take another season again to be competing for top 6 sadly.

Serious question.

Why was it the defensive quality of the Martinez 1st season down to what he inherited but the same is not attributed to Silva?
He has inherited an absolute shambles. They were rubbish last season marking man to man.
He's mostly only had 2 of his signings in defence playing all season. Surely he can't be judged until the whole defence is his.
We don't know but he may have tried them playing man to man in training and they are even worse at it than zonal. Last season would back this up.

Massive game for him on Saturday.....with the matches coming up / 17 days till we play again / Watford away..... another gutless, clueless display will really ratchet up the pressure. Think you'll know if he's still got the dressing room after Sat's effort !

I don't think Silva is the worst manager but his set pieces are what tips me over the edge to wanting him out. We are poor at set pieces both ends of the pitch and that is his downfall. Should have been rectified months ago but same old problems, how negligent must he be.
We were under Martinez, Koeman so it's not a new problem. The solution is either sort the players out so we have players who can play in a team that wants to play football and score goals without losing the ability to defend OR we adapt our play to suit the players and start playing how we did under Allardyce. I'm assuming the way we played football under him is part of the reason most of us wanted him out and not just because he is a vile morally void imitation of a human?

Serious question.

Why was it the defensive quality of the Martinez 1st season down to what he inherited but the same is not attributed to Silva?
He has inherited an absolute shambles. They were rubbish last season marking man to man.
He's mostly only had 2 of his signings in defence playing all season. Surely he can't be judged until the whole defence is his.
We don't know but he may have tried them playing man to man in training and they are even worse at it than zonal. Last season would back this up.

sorry how is that the same, we'll begin with silva has signed 3 new defenders, ( with 2 of the 3 often always used as part of the back 4, I say this because not often zouma and mina play together )

secondly, our defence in Martinez first season was good and bobby done well to keep that side of our game together, silva has not done well because they are still making the same mistakes over and over again

I will admit though he 100% needs a new RB and needs to bin keane off, that he has been dealt a bad hand with

What?

If you wanted us to lose, you should be congratulating the players for conceding easily from set peices.

Surely you want us to carry on performing the way we are.

Surely , if you want us to lose, Silva shouldn't try altering a thing.

After all, we don't want the fans to start believing in us do you?

You sir, are like many on here, are fixated with the RS winning the title , far more than the deeper concerns we have regarding our own teams performance.

How about Saturday? Do the fans want to lose on Saturday too?, Just in case we start to believe we have turned the corner?
So you hope we keep losing so that we sack the manager because he keeps losing? You hope that we keep conceding from set pieces so that his position becomes untenable and we have to sack him? Have you ever just considered hoping that we keep winning and stop conceding from set pieces, like a normal person would?

Ok stop being dramatic you two. Seasons over, not like wanting to throw a cup competition is it? We would have won naff all last night by winning.

How about the concept as I put in my post that winning last night would have masked over many MANY weaknesses In the team as it always does and out the false sense of belief that we have turned a corner when we haven't.

How about the idea that we start winning against the likes of Watford, Cardiff , Burnley etc ? How about we put those.points and wins on the board and actually show some progress rather than win one game against the champions and then bottle it at the weekend.

Because if you hadn't already noticed, we did that 2 weeks ago against Huddersfield, won and it meant nothing because we got beat a few days later.

Not everything in football has to be dramatised guys. Perhaps this blue after 30 years wants to see some genuine improvement and not a jarg one night only performance that gets reversed within 4 days and puts us right back to where we were before last night.

sorry how is that the same, we'll begin with silva has signed 3 new defenders, ( with 2 of the 3 often always used as part of the back 4, I say this because not often zouma and mina play together )

secondly, our defence in Martinez first season was good and bobby done well to keep that side of our game together, silva has not done well because they are still making the same mistakes over and over again

I will admit though he 100% needs a new RB and needs to bin keane off, that he has been dealt a bad hand with
You've just backed up my reasoning. He plays his 2 and needs to replace the other 2. Mina fitness issues haven't helped.
As for Bobby doing well he didn't, he got lucky his 1st season. Once he had to shape his own defence it went downhill quickly. Silva on the other hand has been unlucky with what he has inherited.

Serious question.

Laughable
No manager ever has a team that is solely his, unless at the club for at least 5 years
A good manager will shape a team around his signings and the players already in the squad
He could have 4 world class defenders available to him, and there would be no improvement.
It is all tactics and Silva is pretty inept in this area...

You've just backed up my reasoning. He plays his 2 and needs to replace the other 2. Mina fitness issues haven't helped.
As for Bobby doing well he didn't, he got lucky his 1st season. Once he had to shape his own defence it went downhill quickly. Silva on the other hand has been unlucky with what he has inherited.

well no im not backing up your point because it's about management/coaching

that fat mess was a lot more organised with a worse defence than silva is ( obviously he was a lot more defence orientated )

re bobby, he didn't get lucky first season, we was excellent in that season, his second season was down to our players just getting older, howard baines jags were all getting on and distin retired and we didn't replace them

Status
Not open for further replies.