• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Silva is the worst manager but his set pieces are what tips me over the edge to wanting him out. We are poor at set pieces both ends of the pitch and that is his downfall. Should have been rectified months ago but same old problems, how negligent must he be.

Well done mate, I only hope you're rewarded with a birthday message from the squad calling you Sarah to reward you for your superfan status.

Iam far from super fan status mate believe me.

Iam just saying that i want the best for OUR club at all times.

The achievements, dreams, aspirations of other clubs do not interest me one iota.

We lose last night, Reds give us stick for being sh1te.

We win last night and we get stick off them cos we helped em win the title.

Reds win the league, we get stick for being sh1te.

Lets start concentrating on we are doing, not what they are, or are not. doing.

And while we continually to lose so called " meh" games , we will forever be a mid table dross team.

You may find it acceptable that Everton lost last night, i do not.

Liverpool are more than capable of losing the title race on their own, without having any help from us.

My scenario was highlighting the fact that i want us to get 3 points from EVERY game we play.

A win eases pressure on the team.

A win eases pressure on the manager.

Some people on here are more concerned about Liverpool winning the league and having to take some stick, than the performance and standing of our own club.
fair enough mate...that's your intractable position and that's fine. Me? I bend the way pragmatic breeze blows.

Completely disagree.
There are no guarantees.

This type of thinking is us continuing to bang our heads against the wall.
Forget the former players bit for a second.
We need a coach who can get our defence and transitional play/structure sorted.
We need a coach who will not accept defeat in our own house.
Pickford, Digne, Mina, Keane (?), Kenny are good enough to do this - with the right motivation and leadership.
If we get in a coach that gets our house in order (on the pitch), and he's not tactically astute to progress us any further,
then we then get in someone else again.
maybe after some time as no.2, arteta might be that guy. you get the feeling he's tactically smart.
I'm not saying go all BFS on it again.

But bringing in a coach after BFS, that is a million miles away from the big fella's approach, in itself is stupid.
What we've ended up with this season is a manger who can get the team motivated and focused in the right way - a side that lacks confidence and belief and appears confused; and a manger whose tactics are of schoolboy grade and don't belong in the PL.

We need to see some substance and soul brought back into it.
There are no guarantees with this either
But continuing to throw massive amounts of money at managers and players is not the answer at the moment.
We need a manager who going to get bring on and get the best out of players like Kenny
Who can bring on some young lads and build an ethic.
People talk about having patience with Silva. Its a different type of patience we need.

There's a lot good stuff in there but it's completely off topic to the initial discussion.

I think we have a guaranteed top 6 each year or almost guaranteed. Unless we hire in a very similar way to those guys with proven winners who you can trust, playing staff , coaches and managers etc we won't get any of the success we want unfortunately.

Rather than bang our heads we could then establish a solid structure at the club with the best people at the helm. Arteta might be that guy of course but can we really take another risk to find out ?

I wanted us to lose last night. Not completely for liverpool, but for the fans.

This wouldn't have been a new thing. Poor run of form and we get a result against a top team under the lights at goodison and we all think we have turned a corner. Then come crashing back down the following game and carry on as normal.

It really is a concern that we are conceding from set pieces so easily after tosun even came out and said we are working on them, apparantly not.

We can't keep going like this, we really can't. We keep conceding the same type goals and the more we do it , the more it will happen.

Silva needs to change this now to have any hope of turning this around because we can't keep going behind a manager who isn't coaching the players

What?

If you wanted us to lose, you should be congratulating the players for conceding easily from set peices.

Surely you want us to carry on performing the way we are.

Surely , if you want us to lose, Silva shouldn't try altering a thing.

After all, we don't want the fans to start believing in us do you?

You sir, are like many on here, are fixated with the RS winning the title , far more than the deeper concerns we have regarding our own teams performance.

How about Saturday? Do the fans want to lose on Saturday too?, Just in case we start to believe we have turned the corner?

Yeah you couldn't make it up. Got beaten 2 - 0 at home , furthered our embarrassment with abysmal defending of set pieces which should have been fixed 25 games ago and registered just 1 shot on target. The only difference between last night and the past 2 months is that they tried a bit harder which ironically is only what they should be doing every single match anyway. We still need to score 3 goals every match to try and win a game which is kinda difficult when you are only capable of 1 shot on target. Standing ovation and the Everton website, Silva and the players are giving it confidence and stronger this and energetic and positiveness that and carrying on like we have won and have something to be proud of.

We have now won just 1 out of the last 7 premier league matches at home which is absolutely disgraceful. I have no confidence that this team and Manager can win any game of football for the rest of the season.

Shambles is spot on.

They were probably applauding the fact that by losing we have knocked the RS off the top of the league.

Prorities and Right, spring to mind.

Let's not forget that ALL clubs Allardyce managed struggle (and some get relegated) after he leaves. That is because everything he does is toxic. He literally trains belief and skill out of players to become robots with zero creativity or ability to conduct ad hoc play based on the players own natural way of playing and/or in response to in-game conditions (crowd support, momentum, opposition mistakes etc).

Some respond quickly to change (Keane, Sigurdsson), some take longer. All 6 signings made have been a (relative) success. Lets have zero expectations for the rest of the season bar a top-half finish and rebuild in the summer. Hopefully we only need 1 more summer or major rebuild.

Inappropriate Language
Marco is clueless. He’s got one game plan and it has nothing to do with the players at his disposal or their strength!

We’d be in the [Poor language removed] house if he had the team Moyes had, that would tell you he’s a one trick pony.

Duncan would be left out of his team for sure!

Only a fool expects to do the same thing week after week and expect a different result.

Play to the strength of what you have and you’re not doing team spirit any good by throwing the boys under the bus each time “your plan” doesn’t come together - they’ve already had enough of that with Big Dud...Sam!

Your defence is reeling back during set pieces cause they’re not marking players, how thick do you have to be to not notice that. And you’ve got Jordan hugging the posts that no danger to on coming attackers.

Yes, Pickford has a confidence issue with coming out for crosses, but he’s young and that can be taught!

A keeper need to own his box, Pickford’s still edgy in this area, but much shorter keepers have managed this....you can’t tape a goalie on the line and expect him to save everything (though he may be able to pull some brilliant saves....he should be going up to collect!) - this isn’t table soccer.

I hope Brands already has a shopping list cause, Marco is clearly out of his depth. Even if we get a top notch striker force and defence - does anyone seeing him being able to use them well?

PRAY FOR US!

not sure if posted in here yet, but just seen it then

at this point in the season, there are only 2 teams in premier league history to have conceded more than us through set pieces

silva at hull

and silva at Watford

HAHAHAHAHHAHA boss that

Reactions: Lob
I wanted us to lose last night. Not completely for liverpool, but for the fans.

This wouldn't have been a new thing. Poor run of form and we get a result against a top team under the lights at goodison and we all think we have turned a corner. Then come crashing back down the following game and carry on as normal.

It really is a concern that we are conceding from set pieces so easily after tosun even came out and said we are working on them, apparantly not.

We can't keep going like this, we really can't. We keep conceding the same type goals and the more we do it , the more it will happen.

Silva needs to change this now to have any hope of turning this around because we can't keep going behind a manager who isn't coaching the players
So you hope we keep losing so that we sack the manager because he keeps losing? You hope that we keep conceding from set pieces so that his position becomes untenable and we have to sack him? Have you ever just considered hoping that we keep winning and stop conceding from set pieces, like a normal person would?

So you hope we keep losing so that we sack the manager because he keeps losing? You hope that we keep conceding from set pieces so that his position becomes untenable and we have to sack him? Have you ever just considered hoping that we keep winning and stop conceding from set pieces, like a normal person would?
It’s not hope now...it’s pray!

Unless marco wakes up and realises he needs to pay to the players strengths we’re screwed.

But I don’t want us losing either even if it means disrupting the other half’s chances!

When were we only about not letting Liverpool win? Thought it was about us?

As much as I feel Marco is over his head....if he can turn this around I’m with him. It’s not about him or Liverpool but about US getting back to where we ought to be!

COYB!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.