• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that's the problem with our fans, and why we always struggle to get a result against them. Silva's Hull beat them 2-0, probably because Hull didn't have any other objective other than to beat them.

Well we need to beat them if they're to not win the league, was my point :)

Get what youre saying, but a lot of our players doesnt speak much english. I honestly would think it better to get a manager fluent in Spanish/French/Portuguese.

Yeah, this seems to have been on the list of requirements and the reason for hiring Martinez, Koeman (who i assume is decent in spanish after 7 years at barca) and Silva. And it's a good reason to romanticize about getting Arteta in.

And yeah, I'm not aiming at this from the worst far-right angle here, I'm thinking man management. The manager has an obligation to stay in touch with the players and the fans, to speak their language and say the right thing. I hate to sound clichéd but i think Solskjær is a good example. He shows that a certain youthfulness, cultural understanding and actual ability to express yourself is good for the players too. Martinez was pretty good at that, except for the inability to say something negative when it had to be said.

Thing is, both Silva as well as Ronald and Sam were awful at "getting it", or showing that they got it, and they struggled at this whole feeling of being caged in, disconnected, not on the wavelength. They are speaking their own language instead of learning ours, i guess.

As an example, I'd urge you guys to have a look at Silva's last post-match comments. He's clearly uncomfortable with the loss and all, but his ability to express himself is simply not there. If he can't express him self on camera to the fans in the post-match, a crucial part of any managers' job, how does he do so in the dressing room?

To summarize: It's not necessarily a language thing. But a question of being able to express yourself - and to be accurate about it.

Theres loads of foreign coaches, not having that

I think his point was about the coach needing to speak the English language well, Bernie....not actually being English.

And I think it is a fair enough point in principle.

I often think that a manager coaching a dressing room which has more tongues than the Tower of Babel must have the devil of a job getting his message across, particularly regarding the more complex plays.

Though it probably matters not that much in our case.....Bobby and Koeman spoke perfect English and the same problems pertained :(

The point about his lack of English is that he has far fewer words than us to choose from when he speaks and so this repetition of certain words like "important" and "moment" and a few more helps to add fuel to the argument that he is babbling or mumbling. If he was speaking in his own language he would probably be able to say a whole lot more and not appear so uncomfortable at press conferences. Even Sarri reverted just once to an interpreter the other week when under media pressure.

The main worry is that all of those goals were stoppable or preventable.

Goal 1. Tackle wasn't on so let him be
Goal 2. a) Needless free kick given away when we had the ball covered. b) Free header
Goal 3. You can see when Coleman becomes clueless as he starts gesticulating with his arms to come to him but regardless he played an awful ball to Lookman that was easily intercepted. Another needless and preventable goal.

We are actually presenting goals to the opposition that should be easily avoidable.

Goal 3. (b) The ball was robbed off’ve Lookman on the halfway line....Wolves went through our central midfield like it wasn’t there and the centre backs were totally bamboozled when the ball arrived in our box.

Status
Not open for further replies.