• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I dont get, dont sack him now when we`ve got nothing to play for but lets give him 1 oe 2 months of next season and sack him then.

What do you think is more harmful? I just cant fathom this kind of thinking.....
It's unbelievable isn't it, these type of people wouldn't bat an eyelid if we got relegated.

That's zonal marking, you look after your own space. It's no shock that forwards have cottoned on to it and position themselves against our smaller or non defensive players. Zonal marking takes aggression, organisation, leadership and communication, we have non of the above.
It genuinely shouldn't matter whether it's zonal or man marking for that type of thing though. If the defender isn't switched on enough to attack the ball then they won't be switched on enough to know where their man is going either. Silva is still ultimately responsible for our poor defending from set pieces, but we need to move away from the fixation with it being due to zonal marking.

That's zonal marking, you look after your own space. It's no shock that forwards have cottoned on to it and position themselves against our smaller or non defensive players. Zonal marking takes aggression, organisation, leadership and communication, we have non of the above.
I know it's zonal marking. I meant are they each told which zone is theirs?

I'm gonna sound like a dumb Brexit Dad here, but i think having a manager who actually speaks good english is important. Silva is, unfortunately, another language butcher. And until someones says bleedin' Sam Allardyce, his english is worse than Koeman's. But OK.

I think he’s getting the message across. It’s just that he’s tactically rubbish, insists on zonal marking and we have the thickest footballers in the land.

It genuinely shouldn't matter whether it's zonal or man marking for that type of thing though. If the defender isn't switched on enough to attack the ball then they won't be switched on enough to know where their man is going either. Silva is still ultimately responsible for our poor defending from set pieces, but we need to move away from the fixation with it being due to zonal marking.

Totally agree, that run Jimenez made was stoppable with abit of communication or a little bit of nous from Richarlison, it was such a soft goal. Zonal or man, they still have to take charge of the situation.

I'm gonna sound like a dumb Brexit Dad here, but i think having a manager who actually speaks good english is important. Silva is, unfortunately, another language butcher. And until someones says bleedin' Sam Allardyce, his english is worse than Koeman's. But OK.
Get what youre saying, but a lot of our players doesnt speak much english. I honestly would think it better to get a manager fluent in Spanish/French/Portuguese.

Totally agree, that run Jimenez made was stoppable with abit of communication or a little bit of nous from Richarlison, it was such a soft goal. Zonal or man, they still have to take charge of the situation.

The main worry is that all of those goals were stoppable or preventable.

Goal 1. Tackle wasn't on so let him be
Goal 2. a) Needless free kick given away when we had the ball covered. b) Free header
Goal 3. You can see when Coleman becomes clueless as he starts gesticulating with his arms to come to him but regardless he played an awful ball to Lookman that was easily intercepted. Another needless and preventable goal.

We are actually presenting goals to the opposition that should be easily avoidable.

The main worry is that all of those goals were stoppable or preventable.

Goal 1. Tackle wasn't on so let him be
Goal 2. a) Needless free kick given away when we had the ball covered. b) Free header
Goal 3. You can see when Coleman becomes clueless as he starts gesticulating with his arms to come to him but regardless he played an awful ball to Lookman that was easily intercepted. Another needless and preventable goal.

We are actually presenting goals to the opposition that should be easily avoidable.

About 95% of goals are preventable, it all comes back to the training pitch though

About 95% of goals are preventable, it all comes back to the training pitch though

You can attribute an error to 100% of goals but it is dependant on the type of error. Against Wolves they were very bad errors that should never happen. Every goal carries blame with it somewhere along the line but we have been presenting them

I get the impression that this is the end is nigh for Silva.

Just where is the progress? At the start of the season, we looked ok, we improved defensively over the very ropey start. We got beat by the rs after playing well, and since then it's been shocking.

Are we so one dimensional that it's easy for the other teams to set up against us? In which case, that's on Silva. Are we just badly organised? In which case that's on Silva. Do we miss a couple of key players that will take the pressure off the rest of the team (eg striker)? In which case that's on the club and manager for not getting those players in. Are we lacking in confidence and not playing to the best of our abilities? In that case that's on the manager.

I think he'll get to the end of the season. I also think that he'll get the start of next season. If he does well before the end of the season, he may get some credit in the bank for a hit and miss start of next season. If he stinks out the rest of the season (which I think is most likely) then he won't get much chance next season if he has less than a stellar start.

The pressure is on this lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.