Marco Silva: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 681 89.5%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 80 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollocks to them. They're clueless and dont care about us anyway. We have to stick to a plan and then we'll prosper. We may well get things right quicker than expected. However, if we're not at the races we need to stand firm behind the manager and allow him time to turn a corner.

There is no stomach at the club for any more churn and change, so we all better get on board with this.

Absolutely, and just going off what I've read on line, a lot of people our saying the same thing, we need to back him and no knee jerk pissy pant reactions in a bad run, even Colemans said it about the rest of the team (maybe not the pissy pants bit) I think fans and players will be pulling in the same direction this year, I hope

Bollocks to them. They're clueless and dont care about us anyway. We have to stick to a plan and then we'll prosper. We may well get things right quicker than expected. However, if we're not at the races we need to stand firm behind the manager and allow him time to turn a corner.

There is no stomach at the club for any more churn and change, so we all better get on board with this.
This.

We have to back this manager now, even through gritted teeth. We can’t just keep hiring and firing. We’re in danger of becoming Newcastle, or Tottenham pre-Poch.

He has my backing, unless he looks like he has no chance of turning around bad form.

Getting rid of players like Jagielka and Baines, who have a lot of influence at the club, is a must.

Marco has a lot of work to do. I suspect he has being watching us since being sacked. He should have a good idea of the players he wants to keep but I suspect he will want to see them in training first. Him and Brands need to clear out the surplus(maybe difficult with high earners) and add maybe 3 or 4 players and development of the young players.

On the pitch I want to see attractive football. Beat the [Poor language removed]. Improvement on away form. Finish 7th. Good cup run. A lot of this will depend on our transfer activity too.

Absolutely, and just going off what I've read on line, a lot of people our saying the same thing, we need to back him and no knee jerk pissy pant reactions in a bad run, even Colemans said it about the rest of the team (maybe not the pissy pants bit) I think fans and players will be pulling in the same direction this year, I hope

So good to have unity and optimism back.

For me, if we rip the squad apart - as needs doing - then the first season has to be viewed as a gimme in terms of league positioning...not fighting off relegation like. Second season he should have us healthy top half and competitive in the cups and playing an attractive brand of footy. Third season we should be looking to secure European football again.

For me that's realistic. If we try and set goals like Europe qualification in the next two seasons then we run the risk of heaping too much pressure and weight onto a manager trying to build a squad and a way of playing football here. We cant afford a hire and fire mentality here. It'll eventually end up with us in the Championship.
I agree to an extent, this next season is definitely a rebuilding job, the season after that we should be aiming to get into Europe, then following year top 4. The cups should always be a target because for gods sake we need to win a trophy ;)
I’m not as worried about the hiring and firing as long as Brands is in charge and we’re consistently going in the same direction football wise. If there’s not progress then fire away because I haven’t seen a top manager at Everton in decades and I’m sick of mediocrity.

b4a1da991a5c03539e371bb60a54aa40.jpg

Welcome Marco to the greatest (not always best run) football club in the world. We will turn you bald in 6 months, we will have a meltdown after the first defeat. But we will always back you if you play football the Everton way.

Welcome Marco. High standards, smart suit, keep it simple, 4-4-2, Ball, Kendall and Harvey in midfield and you’re laughin’

Welcome Marco to the greatest (not always best run) football club in the world. We will turn you bald in 6 months, we will have a meltdown after the first defeat. But we will always back you if you play football the Everton way.
...the Chernobyl effect (aka 'Everton that')

Excited to see what him and Marcel can do.

We’ll have to get rid of a lot of players to play his style but hopefully they buy well and fix the mess we’re in.

He probably wants a club he can stay at for a few years after his recent jobs.

7th and a cup run is the minimum for me though, we easily have the 7th best squad and budgets so anything less is underachieving.

Time for us to start competing.

Status
Not open for further replies.