Marco Silva: Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down?

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 681 89.5%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 80 10.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to get at least 7-10th, he can’t have a worse squad than last season, even if he had just the same squad, Some of the players will only prove. Allardyce had no system and no style, so even if Silva takes a while to get his working it shouldn’t be any worse.

Outside the top 10 is a failure.

I hope him and Brands can build something for the future but I suspect if Silva had a good couple of years he would be off abroad.

Fully expect Moyes in by March.

Sure, you may have a point for the first one, but as for Watford, nobody ever ran a politcal campaign, lost badly and counted it a success because "Well we started out well until we got distracted".
The narrative is quite different when saying that he was actually a success at the first Premier League job, and then we can debate the merits of what caused him to fail at the second one

That's a good analogy, tbf. Reverse out of the carnage and debris in order to clear a path to fight another day.
01-winston-churchill-quotes-endure.jpg

Relatively high risk appointment (could have played it 'safe' with a Pellegrini) but pretty high potential, so happy enough, but can't be excited given the season just gone. Even after supporting this club for years, that was the biggest let down going. I'm just glad we've got a manager that I'm not ashamed of right now though. Whatever the results of other managers, Allardyce was a stain on this club- not for achieving what was probably asked of him- but the way he did it. Time to move on with Silva now, cautiously relieved.

Disagree. Not in the first season. We need to get rid of players and set in place a new way of playing. This is Year Zero stuff we're talking about here.
Depends how everyone else performs. Year before last 8th place got 46 points. They were still looking over their shoulders with a few games left.
That would be too much of a gamble to do as it would mean we could be tempting relegation just to sought a style of play.
I don't like putting places to finish but rather a points target. Transition or not it has to be 50+ points. That will see us comfortably in the top 8.

His assistant manager João Pedro, Hugo Olivera, the goalkeeping coach, Antonis Lemonakis, the technical scout, and Pedro Conceicao, the fitness coach, will join him, while Duncan Ferguson is set to remain on the staff.

Ha Ha Ha.

Guess who's making the tea when tactics and formations are discussed?

Status
Not open for further replies.