Homepage Article Marco Silva ‘We go to Anfield to win’

Status
Not open for further replies.
I woke up this morning at circa 6 a.m.and was wide awake, as I always do on derby day.

There is no point anyone moping about all day long dreading this game.

I am loving it :)

Embrace the possibilities.

The way I am looking at it, this is the perfect opportunity to kick start our season and exorcise the ghost of Pickfordgate, the geme which done for the early Silva era optimism from a year ago.

And I shall maintain this mindset unless events at The Pit unfold differently.

COYBB

:dance:

That's the spirit!

Also it's not as if (and i'm not denying this would be amazing) that Marco Silva's presser was just him sitting down and saying "We go to Anfield to win!" then storming out. He was answering a question about what he thought we could get out of the game.

That's the spirit!

Also it's not as if (and i'm not denying this would be amazing) that Marco Silva's presser was just him sitting down and saying "We go to Anfield to win!" then storming out. He was answering a question about what he thought we could get out of the game.

It also must be said that we played really well at Leicester and coming away empty handed was a bit harsh.

Plus the RS have been less than convincing themselves lately so there is good reson to think we might get sommat there tonight.

It also must be said that we played really well at Leicester and coming away empty handed was a bit harsh.

Plus the RS have been less than convincing themselves lately so there is good reson to think we might get sommat there tonight.

i wouldn't say we played really well at Leicester tbh, we played better than we have been and looked more solid than we have been

but ultimately we still conceded two sloppy goals didn't really create anything

i wouldn't say we played really well at Leicester tbh, we played better than we have been and looked more solid than we have been

but ultimately we still conceded two sloppy goals didn't really create anything
We did create things though. I don't know why we've suddenly got really sniffy about what we class as creating a chance, as if it doesn't count unless it's intricate build up play resulting in an open net. We had 3/4 presentable chances to score on top of the one that we took, we really should have made it 2-0 and seen the game out.

That's the spirit!

Got to be honest...if silvas presser was him sitting down, asking each reporter by name how they are then standing up and saying...

"We go to Mordor to reclaim our honour"

Or something along those lines...it would be ace ;)

We did create things though. I don't know why we've suddenly got really sniffy about what we class as creating a chance, as if it doesn't count unless it's intricate build up play resulting in an open net. We had 3/4 presentable chances to score on top of the one that we took, we really should have made it 2-0 and seen the game out.

what chances were these? I genuinely can't remember

I remember kean having two attempts when he came on, I don't think we paid badly at all btw I just would say we played " really well"

I think we played really well against west ham and in parts against Wolves, that's it for me this season

Like every derby day, based on absolutely nothing, i'm optimistic going into the game. There's absolutely no reason to be, however, having not won at the pit since i was 4 years old, can't help but think of the scenes should we do it tonight. At the very least, give me a snide, dogged performance.

every year since I can remember I say to myself no matter how badly we are playing " we are due a win here" and ALWAYS start the game confident we will win

we never ever do like but surely this has got to change someday

Status
Not open for further replies.