Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf I don't know what manager anyone thinks is getting 8 wins from 18 games with this squad. The dinosaur defensive merchants like dyche, fat sam, and moyes certainly won't. All I want is a manager who will have a proper go at things
Marcelo also has the ability/experience to completely reconfigure the entire playing side of the club including youth setup. National associations like Australia have approached him to do similar for their national sides and entire frameworks going into youth/grass roots.

Bewildered at the number fanboys this muttering little goblin has.

Have a read of this and tell us how in earth we have players even half way capable of doing this for even 60 minutes, let alone 90.

IMG-20230123-WA0009.jpg

It's ale house, dinosaur football. Fine for the lower leagues where players crap theie pants and get rid anywhere, a half way competent team can easily beat a continous press.

I cannot think of a less suitable choice.

What a club.

Have a read of this and tell us how in earth we have players even half way capable of doing this for even 60 minutes, let alone 90.

View attachment 201889
It's ale house, dinosaur football. Fine for the lower leagues where players crap theie pants and get rid anywhere, a half way competent team can easily beat a continous press.

What a club.
"Ball over the top" comes to mind

View attachment 201889

What a club.

Fair, but didnt Klopps RS teams press continuously as well? Theyve done pretty well.

Memory may be off here but didnt Leeds suffer a bunch of injuries to their forwards last season -- couldnt finish and so Bielsa (being stubborn) seemed to be throwing games by not changing tactics to suit his fit players.

Just throwing this out there but IF we recruited a squad of top u23 players as weve seemingly been trying...then wouldnt we be able to perform to a higher level than Leeds, at least in theory?

Branthwaite
Mykolenko
Patterson
Onana
Garner
Gordon
McNeil

Imagine if he improves each of these 7 players within a high octane in your face setup.

Suddenly we have 1/3 of our squad u23 and are building something.

Sell a couple every summer (as their values increase and before tiredness/injury proneness) and then in 3 summers time (2 full seasons) move onto another manager to take us up another level.

Fair, but didnt Klopps RS teams press continuously as well? Theyve done pretty well.

Memory may be off here but didnt Leeds suffer a bunch of injuries to their forwards last season -- couldnt finish and so Bielsa (being stubborn) seemed to be throwing games by not changing tactics to suit his fit players.

Just throwing this out there but IF we recruited a squad of top u23 players as weve seemingly been trying...then wouldnt we be able to perform to a higher level than Leeds, at least in theory?

Branthwaite
Mykolenko
Patterson
Onana
Garner
Gordon
McNeil

Imagine if he improves each of these 7 players within a high octane in your face setup.

Suddenly we have 1/3 of our squad u23 and are building something.

Sell a couple every summer (as their values increase and before tiredness/injury proneness) and then in 3 summers time (2 full seasons) move onto another manager to take us up another level.
It's a nice theory, I just don't trust Everton to stick with any kind of plan.

Klopps teams definitely press, or at least they used to. It wasn't a 90 minute, rabid dog press like Bielsa in the Championship and his first season in the Premier League, it was controlled and triggered in specific areas.

Whatever people think of him, the managerial search should be down to Thelwell. The board can have input and the owner can (if he feels strongly enough) veto, but it has to be the DoF choice, otherwise, what's the point?

From the noises in the press it already seems like we have Kenwright, Thelwell and Moshiri phoning a whole host of people. It will be a good week (at least) before they get their list down to 2 or 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.