Marcelo Bielsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I actually think about it the more I'm onboard with Bielsa. Quite honestly we've been crying out for someone like him since Moyes, a proper coach, someone who takes players and makes them better. He's mad, he'll run them into to ground, he'll do this or that but it's exactly what we need. Sell Gordon and whoever which would basically give us £50m, have Bielsa come in and basically say here's the money get as much as you can with that, keep us up and we can move forward.

There are some player that absolutely would not cope and that's fair enough but if he gets a grip on the team we've already seen what he did with a much worse Leeds squad than our current one. If he can put together 15 players that'll run themselves into the ground for us then we'll survive. I believe Pickford, Tarkowski and Coady are solid enough at the back, they've proved that even in this dire team. All we need is someone like Bielsa who can turn us into an aggressive side that not only wins the hearts of fans but also wins points on the football pitch.

It's probably the most ambitious manager we could get right now that simultaneously can keep us up, give a platform to build and get the right types of players in for us. A Bielsa player is someone you want in the squad even long after he's left because they're hard working, willing to die for the club and are playing to win. He's the ideal candidate.

I think we have to be realistic.

We're 19th
Not got much money to spend
Anarchy at the club
A board not fit for purpose

Not many good managers will want this job.

No one wants to hear it but someone like Biesla whilst not great is probably in the higher bracket of managers that we can probably attract currently.

On paper, our squad is/was better than Leeds as well. Like you could say he ran out of steam at Leeds, but 4 years in. I think he got them outperforming.

I dont think we have the players to suit his system, so it would be an enormous risk. If it came off we probably finish 14th, but if it doesnt we come 20th. And it feels like 50/50.

The question they may ask, is would a safer pair of hands, like Dyche or Hassanhuttle improve us enough to keep us up.

I don't think you're taking the impending doom of relegation very seriously, mate.
No it's actually the opposite. I've accepted that we're odds on to go down and think chasing it at the cost of progress going into next season is futile. I'd prefer we made an appointment that focuses on being ready to stay up/get promoted next year as the main goal and whatever happens the rest of this year happens.

I wouldn't expect a manager of his experience to not know that he won't be able to come in during a relegation fight and expect players that aren't a natural fit for his style of play, to become that overnight.

I think if he comes in and demands intensity and pressing... That might just be the rocket up the ... we need right now.

No it's actually the opposite. I've accepted that we're odds on to go down and think chasing it at the cost of progress going into next season is futile. I'd prefer we made an appointment that focuses on being ready to stay up/get promoted next year as the main goal and whatever happens the rest of this year happens.
I'm too high for this conversation but I'm just going to assume you're wrong...

The more I actually think about it the more I'm onboard with Bielsa. Quite honestly we've been crying out for someone like him since Moyes, a proper coach, someone who takes players and makes them better. He's mad, he'll run them into to ground, he'll do this or that but it's exactly what we need. Sell Gordon and whoever which would basically give us £50m, have Bielsa come in and basically say here's the money get as much as you can with that, keep us up and we can move forward.

There are some player that absolutely would not cope and that's fair enough but if he gets a grip on the team we've already seen what he did with a much worse Leeds squad than our current one. If he can put together 15 players that'll run themselves into the ground for us then we'll survive. I believe Pickford, Tarkowski and Coady are solid enough at the back, they've proved that even in this dire team. All we need is someone like Bielsa who can turn us into an aggressive side that not only wins the hearts of fans but also wins points on the football pitch.

It's probably the most ambitious manager we could get right now that simultaneously can keep us up, give a platform to build and get the right types of players in for us. A Bielsa player is someone you want in the squad even long after he's left because they're hard working, willing to die for the club and are playing to win. He's the ideal candidate.
Are you on a cut?

Right, maybe being a tad over optimistic here
but I think, rather than a squad of crocks, we have a squad of under achieving very capable players.

Players I'd rate as bad,
Maupay, McNeil

Players I'd rank as fare,
Myko, old Coleman, young patterson, Davies, Godfrey, Holgate, keane, Vinagre, Doucoure, Gordon.

Players I'd rank as good
Pickford, Begovic, Mina, Tarkowski, Coady, Onana, Iwobi, Gueye, Garner, Gray, DCL, Danjuma

There's at least 11 good players in the squad. Thats quite something for a team in 19th
This team is vastly underperforming. We need a manager who can lift players.
If you look at that list, Doucoure, Gofrey, Davies and Holgate could all be lifted from fare to good. They all played well for Ancelotti then slipped back.

Sell Gordon, get Bielsa 2 more players and then you have a half decent squad.
My only huge fear with Bielsa is that he'll break all of them!

Still go for him over Dyche.

Status
Not open for further replies.