2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine by me. If The Don can use his pulling power in conjunction with agents like Joorabchain to get those types transfers over the line am happy with that, intact us and Brands would be foolish not to lean on it. If Ancelotti see's fit to get involved he probably can without causing a conflict of interest between him and Brands,and by all accounts they've got a great working relationship so I couldn't see it being a problem.

This all being said the lion's share will still fall on Brands's door step in terms of scouting, academy matters, footballing financials. His job is far more multi faceted an any of us can imagine. Dave surely you can for one moment put your dislike for him aside and agree.
I dont dislike him. He seems an affable sort. I dislike the post of DoF. It's a nonsense position and often (as Everton underline) bypassed by owners and managers.

Yes Carlo was a factor but Brands had to strike the terms and conditions..........James for nothing and decent prices for Allen and Doucoure. If we had paid 20m - 30m for James we all would have been pleased we got a bargain. It is a collective thing, Moshiri and Brands got Carlo here. Carlo has influence on players wanting to play for him and Brands strikes the deals with Moshiri's blessings. Collective and it is working fine. It will be a slow process but as long as we see improvement then all is good............and all is good.
Well he didn't get value for money on signings like Kean, Iwobi, Gbamin, Delph (and in frees with massive wages like Bernard who turn out to be useless).

Well he didn't get value for money on signings like Kean, Iwobi, Gbamin, Delph (and in frees with massive wages like Bernard who turn out to be useless).
OF course he got value on them.

Kean will be sold for a profit, Iwobi is growing into a good player for the team, Gmblammo will prove his worth, Delph and Bernard where bought for peanuts and we will make a profit on both when sold.

But considering he paid ZERO pounds for Hamez, it doesn't really matter.

Hamez on a free, Daves in the mud with maggie.

Are you having a head wobble moment ? We could in all likelihood make a profit on Bernard ( not Hard ) and Kean .Iwobi is playing well according to some and Gbamin is just a stupid shout .

Yeah i'm with you on this. People's opinions on players seem to have an enormous recency bias. The Southampton game that had people wanting to shoot Iwobi out of a cannon into the middle of the atlantic was about 10 games ago. Now he's being hailed as a great use of £30m.
It’s all about consistency for me, iwobi and Gomes are good for a few cameo appearances that’s it, when they starting performing week in week out that’s when il start rating them

OF course he got value on them.

Kean will be sold for a profit, Iwobi is growing into a good player for the team, Gmblammo will prove his worth, Delph and Bernard where bought for peanuts and we will make a profit on both when sold.

But considering he paid ZERO pounds for Hamez, it doesn't really matter.

Hamez on a free, Daves in the mud with maggie.

Are you having a head wobble moment ? We could in all likelihood make a profit on Bernard ( not Hard ) and Kean .Iwobi is playing well according to some and Gbamin is just a stupid shout .
A profit on Delph? Ha ha ha. FFS.

Gbamin - he's retired hasn't he?

James - value for money and that's down to Ancelotti.

Iwobi = utter muck for all but 4 weeks of 2 seasons. You think anotther club will offer Everton a profit on what they paid for him? Lol. He's the Nigerian Aidan McGeady.

Bernard - we might get a £10M fee for him - which will be half of the wages he's picking up.

I was hoping we would move away from this kind of thing, unless they are actually good at coaching

0_JS157867597.jpg

A profit on Delph? Ha ha ha. FFS.

Gbamin - he's retired hasn't he?

James - value for money and that's down to Ancelotti.

Iwobi = utter muck for all but 4 weeks of 2 seasons. You think anotther club will offer Everton a profit on what they paid for him? Lol. He's the Nigerian Aidan McGeady.

Bernard - we might get a £10M fee for him - which will be half of the wages he's picking up.

Its quite funny that you use Gbamin suffering two major injuries as a stick to beat brands with.

Then give praise to Ancelotti for Brands negotiating James on a free...

Probably the funniest one is Kean though. Signed for £22mil rising to £27mil and if sold will go for a large profit.

Quite a paradox really...then Godfrey and Branthwaite are signed yet he doesnt know the UK market lol

Status
Not open for further replies.