2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands sees a man like Ancelotti come in and increase the amount of professionalism at the club; then he wishes that more of the utter wastrels are employed to leech off the club in exchange for their organisation of sporadic revolts.

Its quite funny that you use Gbamin suffering two major injuries as a stick to beat brands with.

Then give praise to Ancelotti for Brands negotiating James on a free...

Probably the funniest one is Kean though. Signed for £22mil rising to £27mil and if sold will go for a large profit.

Quite a paradox really...then Godfrey and Branthwaite are signed yet he doesnt know the UK market lol
Gbamin: Stevie Wonder could have seen that player was knackered going into last season. Brands thought he was being clever splurging £27M on him.

No wonder the ex-Dutch player Wim Kleft said that he was staggered how profligate and appalling he'd been since arriving here.

No wonder the ex-Dutch player Wim Kleft said that he was staggered how profligate and appalling he'd been since arriving here.
Isn’t he a bankrupt ex alcoholic cokehead who makes a living from from being controversial though?
His opinion on professional football carry’s about as much weight as Andy VDM’s surely?

Isn’t he a bankrupt ex alcoholic cokehead who makes a living from from being controversial though?
His opinion on professional football carry’s about as much weight as Andy VDM’s surely?
Is he?

Well, he had a moment of clarity when he made that comment about Brands.

I dont dislike him. He seems an affable sort. I dislike the post of DoF. It's a nonsense position and often (as Everton underline) bypassed by owners and managers.

Dave I think another poster demonstrated that apart from a few clubs most of the PL had persons in such a position so it can hardly be nonsense.

Dave I think another poster demonstrated that apart from a few clubs most of the PL had persons in such a position so it can hardly be nonsense.
It proves nothing. It means that good teams have them and more average and bad teams have them. Where does that leave us?

In reality they are just titles handed to a person doing badly what were the realm of a couple of people in the past.

It's just concentration not progress. And at Everton it's led to regression. Only a forceful manager like Ancelotti's arrival has stopped the rot we've seen under this new system.

I was hoping we would move away from this kind of thing, unless they are actually good at coaching

Ugh
In general i am keeping an open mind about Brands, and giving him a bit of time before a final judgement, but this could be depressing. We don't exactly have Barcelona's, Man U or ex-Champions to choose from. Can people like Ebbrell, Francis Jeffers really inspire? Unsworth is ok because now he's got a track record and everyone seems to like him at the club anyway, I like Big Dunc and he finally has proven himself with DCL and the 3 matches last year, but even with him we have used Club Legend generously - his stats are good in a period of solid mediocrity and failure...but his passion make up for that and and now we've invested so much we have to keep him, as he would have learned so much from the last 3 years. (good and bad lessons)

but we have to really choose carefully from ex-players because we had so much mediocrity in the late 90s and early 00s that I can only think of Cahill, Arteta, Distin, Howard being players really worth admiring on the coaching ground. In fact Howard might be a better coach than player (based on zero evidence), Arteta might be a good shout in 5 years if he improves and establishes some kind of quality / record (funny he's learning at Arsenal before he gets a top job like Everton lol) and Distin, Jags were just solid professionals with great work ethic, but doesn't mean they're good coaches. Baines and Coleman obviously would be good choices if they want to go down this route. THe point of ex - players is to inspire the new generation, and I cannot imagine young lads being inspired by any other names? And yes most importantly, are they any good at coaching?

Ugh
In general i am keeping an open mind about Brands, and giving him a bit of time before a final judgement, but this could be depressing. We don't exactly have Barcelona's, Man U or ex-Champions to choose from. Can people like Ebbrell, Francis Jeffers really inspire? Unsworth is ok because now he's got a track record and everyone seems to like him at the club anyway, I like Big Dunc and he finally has proven himself with DCL and the 3 matches last year, but even with him we have used Club Legend generously - his stats are good in a period of solid mediocrity and failure...but his passion make up for that and and now we've invested so much we have to keep him, as he would have learned so much from the last 3 years. (good and bad lessons)

but we have to really choose carefully from ex-players because we had so much mediocrity in the late 90s and early 00s that I can only think of Cahill, Arteta, Distin, Howard being players really worth admiring on the coaching ground. In fact Howard might be a better coach than player (based on zero evidence), Arteta might be a good shout in 5 years if he improves and establishes some kind of quality / record (funny he's learning at Arsenal before he gets a top job like Everton lol) and Distin, Jags were just solid professionals with great work ethic, but doesn't mean they're good coaches. Baines and Coleman obviously would be good choices if they want to go down this route. THe point of ex - players is to inspire the new generation, and I cannot imagine young lads being inspired by any other names? And yes most importantly, are they any good at coaching?

Nepotism doesn't work in any profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.