2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleverley was moved on for a massive profit. Aidan McGeady was shifted on for a small profit.

Brands was paid a lot of money to both sides of his job in the transfer market, he's done both poorly.

Must you measure everything if terms of £s, how about thinking in terms of the numbers he has got off the payroll, reduced the squad and lowered the age.

Must you measure everything if terms of £s, how about thinking in terms of the numbers he has got off the payroll, reduced the squad and lowered the age.
Focus on the big picture.

Brands spent big; we were going nowhere. Ancelotti is employed and one transfer window later we are in good shape with the three signings he made.

We can do without Brands. There is no justification in keeping him on.

I think he's been bang average to appalling on incomoings and appalling on outgoings.

Why did we need a DoF to get us players? His scope and reach into Europe is limited and he seems to know nothing much about the English market.

It took Ancelotti one transfer window to improve things massively.

In short: we dont need Brands.

Carlo was drawing on players he has previously managed while they are very good they are also a bit on in years so not a long term basis for building a squad to emulate Howie which he has mentioned. So what other know how does Carlo have of players?

Focus on the big picture.

Brands spent big; we were going nowhere. Ancelotti is employed and one transfer window later we are in good shape with the three signings he made.

We can do without Brands. There is no justification in keeping him on.

If he went who would do his job, Carlo has not got the time.

I was under the impression all the scouting structures have been put in place by Brands and Gretar Steinsson and youth recruitment is down to Dan Perkins formerly of Derby county. Ancelotti has got zero involvement with that scouting,and quite frankly he wouldn't waste his time on it.
I mean for the bigger signings. No way that Brands or Steinsson were the movers behind James or Allen arriving here. Joorabchian was the key to James signing and he underlined it was because of Ancelotti's presence at Everton.

I mean for the bigger signings. No way that Brands or Steinsson were the movers behind James or Allen arriving here. Joorabchian was the key to James signing and he underlined it was because of Ancelotti's presence at Everton.

As I stated before because they had previously been managed by Carlo. But the finances would have been down to Brands.

That's fine by me. If The Don can use his pulling power in conjunction with agents like Joorabchain to get those types transfers over the line am happy with that, intact us and Brands would be foolish not to lean on it. If Ancelotti see's fit to get involved he probably can without causing a conflict of interest between him and Brands,and by all accounts they've got a great working relationship so I couldn't see it being a problem.

This all being said the lion's share will still fall on Brands's door step in terms of scouting, academy matters, footballing financials. His job is far more multi faceted an any of us can imagine. Dave surely you can for one moment put your dislike for him aside and agree.

Yes Carlo was a factor but Brands had to strike the terms and conditions..........James for nothing and decent prices for Allen and Doucoure. If we had paid 20m - 30m for James we all would have been pleased we got a bargain. It is a collective thing, Moshiri and Brands got Carlo here. Carlo has influence on players wanting to play for him and Brands strikes the deals with Moshiri's blessings. Collective and it is working fine. It will be a slow process but as long as we see improvement then all is good............and all is good.

Got to love Daves take on reality
I dont agree with him on this topic, but i understand where he’s coming from. We cant have Carlo do everything tho, he needs to focus on the seniour squad and nothing else to make sure we keep improving on the pitch. Thats why we need Brands, or someone like him, imho. If he ends up just signing forst team players Carlo wants, Im okay with that. Him also adding young players like Niels and Jarrad, and getting us great deals for players like Digne and Rodriguez shows he’s value too.

That's fine by me. If The Don can use his pulling power in conjunction with agents like Joorabchain to get those types transfers over the line am happy with that, intact us and Brands would be foolish not to lean on it. If Ancelotti see's fit to get involved he probably can without causing a conflict of interest between him and Brands,and by all accounts they've got a great working relationship so I couldn't see it being a problem.

This all being said the lion's share will still fall on Brands's door step in terms of scouting, academy matters, footballing financials. His job is far more multi faceted an any of us can imagine. Dave surely you can for one moment put your dislike for him aside and agree.
Davek has a chip on his shoulder.....over many things Everton related. Other than to wind people up on here, dont know why he inputs. Sad but true !!!!!

I dont agree with him on this topic, but i understand where he’s coming from. We cant have Carlo do everything tho, he needs to focus on the seniour squad and nothing else to make sure we keep improving on the pitch. Thats why we need Brands, or someone like him, imho. If he ends up just signing forst team players Carlo wants, Im okay with that. Him also adding young players like Niels and Jarrad, and getting us great deals for players like Digne and Rodriguez shows he’s value too.
He’s managing the first team, as per his job. Everything else is on Brands

I have no doubt the Carlo has a significant say in the players who are brought in. Brands had a policy of only buying under 25s, when Carlo came in that policy went out the window. I have no problem with Carlo getting the players he wants if Brands can get the deals done. If they are working jointly I set that as a strength.
Hopefully we now have a long term plan, Carlo’s influence gets us some success, a trophy and a European spot to raise our profile which will then make it easier for Brands to bring in better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.