2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who considered these players coups? that is pure BS mate, i mean the golden rule of transfers is never buy off the back of a tournament (Mina) players raise their games for World Cups. If we wanted a talented Italian youngster we would have gone for Tonali or Zaniolo who are considered levels above what Kean is and he is a busted flush (as you put it) because there is no way in hell he will come back here now he is scoring goals at PSG, he is popular there and is appreciated. Bernard was rubbish in Russia and has been rubbish here, if you look at his stats for Shaktar they are rank average. Doucoure has never done anything out of the norm at Watford, he runs around a lot, scores the odd goal, that's it, I mean just go back on here and see how many folk did'nt want to sign him, yet the club have been trying for the last couple of years, i did'nt see any other clubs rushing to sign him.
I said before i think at the moment we need to stick with what we have but im not convinced about Brands getting another contract, i think we need to play out the full season though.

Tonali for a €10mil loan fee and €15mil option to buy would have been effectively the same fee as Gbamin, Allan and Doucoure.

A great deal for a 20 year old italian international with top potential.

Even if he hadnt started to begin with, it would be nice to glance at the bench and see Nkounkou, Tonali, Gordon and Kean there.

Seems like opportunities are being missed to me.

How many decent signings has brands made? Not many.

digne is superb.

richarlison is best mates with Silva.

rest appear generally overpriced and overpaid dross.

Perhaps so, but i think we should match his and Ancelotti's contracts.

Hes been buying for other managers so if we plan to stick with Ancelotti there should be some kind of coninuity in leadership.

Id give him a new deal...

@Bob Elstone

Also (although somewhat ignored by Ancelotti this season) we do have Nkounkou, Branthwaite and Gordon under Brands' watch.

If hes able to have 3 more come through / bring in over the next 3 windows then he will be seen in a different light.

Edit: Id also favourably add kean to that list.

If he left the club in the morning, would anyone really give two f......?
Yes, because ultimately we'd have no DoF and would have to try and replace him with someone 'better'.

We've been crying out for a bit of long term consistency at this club for ages yet people want us to boot a guy that Ancelotti has stated on a few occasions now that he has a good relationship with and wants him to stick around..

Also we need to swerve the whole 'he's already been here 3 years' shout. As far as I'm concerned his time reset when Carlo Ancelotti walked through the door - so in effect, he's only had one summer window in which he's improved us in one key area that we were crying out for improvement in.

Think we also need to consider the academy transfer ban that's only just been lifted that's been imposed on him for the majority of the time that he's been here. We've seen he's done well so far with the younger players he'd been able to bring in despite this.

Last edited:

"Everton have stressed that the changes to the scouting set-up have not been enforced by the impact of the pandemic but are part of planned alterations to their recruitment strategy."

Interesting line that.. 'planned alterations'?

I suspect even though Brands has been here for 2 years right now we are finally going to see a proper uprooting of the club since we have a manager in he wants.

Brands signs too many pretty boys - not one player he's signed who has the physical attributes to succeed in the Premier League bar Digne.

He also signs mentally suspect players like Mina, Gomes, Bernard - no fight, aggression, timid not what you need in a team that has the mental and physical strength to win trophies / succeed under pressure.

Dogs of War - more like Marcels Pussycats.

Brands signs too many pretty boys - not one player he's signed who has the physical attributes to succeed in the Premier League bar Digne.

He also signs mentally suspect players like Mina, Gomes, Bernard - no fight, aggression, timid not what you need in a team that has the mental and physical strength to win trophies / succeed under pressure.

Dogs of War - more like Marcels Pussycats.

"Timid, no fight, no aggression"

@ForeverBlue92 on Yerry Mina...

Status
Not open for further replies.