2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd year of his term, 5 windows, and we're still moaning about squad depth.

Two wingers signed that Carlo won't start and a striker that we've sent on loan in his second season. Now we are starting matches with 5 central midfielders when our wingers are out and somehow Tosun just made another Everton appearance. :coffee:

If Carlo hadn't called James and Allan who would he have signed I wonder.

Two wingers signed that Carlo won't start and a striker that we've sent on loan in his second season. Now we are starting matches with 5 central midfielders when our wingers are out and somehow Tosun just made another Everton appearance. :coffee:

It's a scary thought isn't it, prob some no mark not good enough for his current club a la Delph or Iwobi.

Anybody signing Iwobi doesn't know what he's doing.

The signing of Iwobi was all anybody needs to point to to know that this guy doesn't know what he's doing. No hindsight required in this case. A dud the day he signed.

It took Moshiri three or four goes before he landed the manager he needed from the start. Looks like the same process is required for DoF.

Who knew signing players for previous managers might take some time to rectify eh.

That's part of the problem

But then there's just bad signings like Bernard, Iwobi, Kean etc who don't have the tenacity or aggression for English football. They wouldn't have done well here under any manager.

Hes had more misses than hits. And the hits have been very closely linked to the manager. Like Silva and Richarlison and James and Carlo.

And we are always left short somewhere by him every summer. The youth development is also non existent.

I find it hard to argue he deserves a new contract.

Where is his fan club members tonight?

Or we’re just little farts on the internet trying to bully other members for calling someone out at not being good at their jobs?

Out if interest, aside from Iwobi what poor signings has he made in your opinion?

Im disappointed he didnt shift more players out but i think the big window is summer 2022 when alot of the dross is out of contract.

You also have to take risks in English football.

You cant do a 4 year plan at a club like Everton because you're better players will want out with no progression immediately.

In short, his policies have been lacking and flawed.

But then there's just bad signings like Bernard, Iwobi, Kean etc who don't have the tenacity or aggression for English football. They wouldn't have done well here under any manager.

Hes had more misses than hits. And the hits have been very closely linked to the manager. Like Silva and Richarlison and James and Carlo.

And we are always left short somewhere by him every summer. The youth development is also non existent.

Didnt we get a £6mil offer for Bernard from middle east? Yet Ancelotti asked him to stay?

Also with Kean, he'll become a good player, just needs to play as what he is...a poacher. If not we'll make a profit on him.

Iwobi is the one for me that makes zero sense.

Not sure we can put too much more on him...Delph is a total donkey.

Otherwise?

You also have to take risks in English football.

You cant do a 4 year plan at a club like Everton because you're better players will want out with no progression immediately.

In short, his policies have been lacking and flawed.

Hes also reliant on people taking our players like Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Walcott (gone) etc etc etc

The wage bill must be huge.

Not saying he's been perfect but we've had one window of Brands with a good manager and it went well for the most part considering the COVID landscape.

The bold is absolute tosh though as we've had an academy transfer ban but still managed to promote Gordon and bring in Branthwaite & Nkounkou.

Status
Not open for further replies.