2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
….I’m actually wondering if he has the authority you would expect in a DoF. More specifically, initiating and completing transfer dealings. increasingly it seems the Manager is identifying targets and Brands bringing them in.

i have my doubts he’s empowered.

It could also be that Moshi is keeping an eye on things,

Leverage matters. It's why PSG is trolling us on Kean.
PSG don't actually want Kean that's the issue, last season they needed him to cover for injuries, this season they don't, they have also just renewed a load of big contracts and signed Donnaruma on big wages and want Pogba now (also going to be on big wages) Kean is well down the priority list for them.

PSG don't actually want Kean that's the issue, last season they needed him to cover for injuries, this season they don't, they have also just renewed a load of big contracts and signed Donnaruma on big wages and want Pogba now (also going to be on big wages) Kean is well down the priority list for them.

They'd take him, if they can haggle us down to a price where they think they can hold the asset, let it appreciate and then sell him.

Our problem is that he's a wantaway in a bad market. We could get value if the Italian clubs could afford him.

They'd take him, if they can haggle us down to a price where they think they can hold the asset, let it appreciate and then sell him.

Our problem is that he's a wantaway in a bad market. We could get value if the Italian clubs could afford him.
He would be better off looking towards the Italian clubs, PSG are really not that bothered about him by all accounts and certainly have no intention of paying any money for him, it will be a loan or nothing.

He would be better off looking towards the Italian clubs, PSG are really not that bothered about him by all accounts and certainly have no intention of paying any money for him, it will be a loan or nothing.

If they can get him from us for 25 million pounds and sell him to an Italian club later for 40 million when the Italian clubs have money, it's a free rental on a substitute for them that can start when necessary. They'd do that deal.

It's a better deal for them than a loan, which is IMO why they're pushing a loan that's not as good for them, but is much worse for us. They want to push his price down to where he's nearly a sure thing, and use the fact that we're skint against us.

HI Mr Brands, what you up to mate? Flashing around 100k contracts to anyone who will give you a second glance?

is it just me who thinks the guy looks similar to epstein

Attachments

• jeffrey-epstein-mar-lago-club-florida.jpg
    jeffrey-epstein-mar-lago-club-florida.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 55
….I’m actually wondering if he has the authority you would expect in a DoF. More specifically, initiating and completing transfer dealings. increasingly it seems the Manager is identifying targets and Brands bringing them in.

i have my doubts he’s empowered.
I always thought the DoF would bring players in and the coach would work with what he's got, but like you said it does seem like whatever the manager wants he will try and get

I always thought the DoF would bring players in and the coach would work with what he's got, but like you said it does seem like whatever the manager wants he will try and get

….it has been stated that at Everton the Manager & DoF can initiate transfers but either has the power of veto. I just get the impression Brands isn’t doing anything without the green light from Benitez & Benitez brings in who he wants.

I think it boils down to one of two possible things either Brands has poor judgement or lack of bottle. If he signed Iwobi, failed to sign a right back for 3years, signed Delph, recruited Benitez etc. then his judgement must surely be called into question. If, on the other hand, Delph was Silva’s decision and Iwobi and Benitez were Moshiri’s brainwaves, then as DOF he should have had the cojones to stand up for himself and refuse to go along with them.

It is difficult to know which scenario is the correct one, but, neither reflect well on Brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.