2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
All sucked in by media speculative reports. Who knows what say Brands has had. Everyone seems to be trying to convince each other with speculation rather than any facts. The media are just as speculative as us on this forum. We will not know what is going on but let us bash Brands for the fun of it.

Changed the Academy structure - no
Got rid of the Poisonous Core - no
Got rid of the Cone Layer Culture - no
Got rid of Unnnsy - no
Created a football culture at the club - no
Got the wage structure under control - no
Iwobi - yes

All for £9m so far, £3m a year. Well done Benidorm Brands.

You don’t know what he has or has not done. None of us do.
I suppose we can see with our eyes via player recruitment , managerial appointments , and the general running of the footballing side of the club all of which are within his remit.
In that context , someone with whom I had invested so much hope is increasingly becoming to be be perceived ,by me , as just another disappointing appointment .
I do hope I am proved wrong.

All sucked in by media speculative reports. Who knows what say Brands has had. Everyone seems to be trying to convince each other with speculation rather than any facts. The media are just as speculative as us on this forum. We will not know what is going on but let us bash Brands for the fun of it.

You don’t know what he has or has not done. None of us do.
We don’t know what’s happened, we never do. It’s disingenuous to suggest that when we don’t know for a fact then every supposition is of equal merit though. This appears to be a Moshiri decision and the people who are reporting it are saying that’s the case. It would be weird to assume that they’re right about the appointment but wrong about the process so If it Is NES then we have no real option but to also believe that Moshiri is behind it.

Just a thought but maybe the NES appointment is being pushed by Brands more than people think.

Clearly our current squad is much better in a low block counter attacking style. NES can implement this with success. Two 7 place finishes and cup runs.

he has proven to get the best out of some average players - we have lots of those.

He is very much a coach and concentrates on the first team leaving everything else to DOF.

The clubs financial performance in recent years, plus failure to qualify for Europe, might mean we don’t have a lot to spend this summer.

This appointment means we don’t need a massive turnaround in squad - same key positions as we targeted under Carlo. This gives Brands a better platform from which to carry on his work in reducing the squad numbers and balancing the books.

Moshiri is also no doubt telling Brands he wants a risk adverse appointment. Do you think he’s willing to roll the dice with the stadium work starting soon? I think he will be happy for some solid midtable finishes and no worrying relegation battles.

I suspect that NES will be brought in for continuity. Brands, as a DOF, could be looking at this management cycle lasting 3 season. Pushing for Europe while continuing to balance the books, change the squad and gives time for his recent changes to the academy set up to start showing outcomes. Plus stadium is nearly done so Moshiri is happy.

At the end of that cycle, if we are not progressing to a level on the pitch I imagine we wouldn’t offer a new contract and we would look to bring someone else in. If he’s done well, he might stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.