2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Think he deserves to carry on.

Yes he's made the odd mistake but who doesnt and his biggest one imo was only £8mill (Delph) but tgat was a gamble on his fitness.

He gets a massive amount of credit for Nkounkou, Branthwaite and Godfrey. Remember people screaming he wouldnt just pay the £30mill Lille wanted for Gabriel, but instead got Godfrey for £20m plus addons.

Kean was a gamble but looked a real prospect at the time and we wont lose money on him if he goes.

Any fan who says they didnt want Gomes after his loan is a liar. He had a little drop in form as all players do then got a horrific injury - Brands isnt to blame for that

Gbamin - again just pure bad luck

Bernard - worth the risk on a free but just not cut out for the league

Iwobi - looking much improved. Hasnt justified his fee yet but shown quality in flashes, just needs consistency.

Richarlison, James, Allan - im not going to credit him with as I think these were managers signings, although negotiating a free deal for James is incredible work from him

Digne, Doucoure, Nkounkou, Branthwaite, Godfrey, Mina all proving to be excellent buys.

I was generally in agreement until i saw these 2:

1:
"Any fan who says they didnt want Gomes after his loan is a liar. He had a little drop in form as all players do then got a horrific injury"

Suggest you go back to when we signed him and read how many comments there were that he wasnt worth over £20mil and was massively inconsistent, certainly not a "little drop in form". If anything he has a little boost in form every 6 games on average. Also that posters were hoping it was his first season so would be more consistent in his second...

I didnt want him and said so at the time...i did say he wasnt worth more than £18mil and £22mil was 'ok' as hed be a squad player over the next seasons...others said the same.

2:
"Iwobi - looking much improved. Hasnt justified his fee yet but shown quality in flashes, just needs consistency."

Pretty much the same as Gomes for me...

Unless they both find consistency over the rest of the season I'd put them both down along with Delph, Gbamin (sadly) and Bernard as flops.

Hopefully we dont lose too much money on them when we move them all on.

Agree with the rest of your comments.

I was generally in agreement until i saw these 2:

1:
"Any fan who says they didnt want Gomes after his loan is a liar. He had a little drop in form as all players do then got a horrific injury"

Suggest you go back to when we signed him and read how many comments there were that he wasnt worth over £20mil and was massively inconsistent, certainly not a "little drop in form". If anything he has a little boost in form every 6 games on average. Also that posters were hoping it was his first season so would be more consistent in his second...

I didnt want him and said so at the time...i did say he wasnt worth more than £18mil and £22mil was 'ok' as hed be a squad player over the next seasons...others said the same.

2:
"Iwobi - looking much improved. Hasnt justified his fee yet but shown quality in flashes, just needs consistency."

Pretty much the same as Gomes for me...

Unless they both find consistency over the rest of the season I'd put them both down along with Delph, Gbamin (sadly) and Bernard as flops.

Hopefully we dont lose too much money on them when we move them all on.

Agree with the rest of your comments.

I think Bernard being labelled a flop is a bit unfair. He was brilliant that first season linking up with Digne.

Ajax DoF Overmars set to leave, wonder if Brands will be keeping an eye on that job?

Doubt it to be honest, been there and done that really hasn't he? Ajax are a fantastic club but it's no way near as big a job as ours is now, the project here is finally ready to properly take off. He'd be daft to want to go back to small time Eredivisie.

Status
Not open for further replies.