2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this rumour that Brands refused to negotiate the King deal and the club went over his head is true then his position is untenable and he should walk.

Really doubt this. Seems we have queezed this deal to the end, both not paying over the odds to Bournemouth and not committing a long term deal to him. #Brands IN
Oh if King signs on a short term deal with a reasonable fee and this was Brands doing then kudos to him

Nowhere does it say Brands refused to do the deal. The Athletic said Kenwright was heavily involved in negotiations. Could be Brands had his hands full with Kenny, Gordon, possibly Besic etc

Good deal if it comes off. Still unsure why we have to risk such things though.

Still, we have cover, however much I don't really think King should have been the go-to option.

Still very much unsure on if it's worth sticking with him, suppose we'll see what the club think soon enough.

A very weird deal.

If we have spent 5 mil and he walks out for free 6 months later that would be... questionable.

At least he brought someone in. My knife is away for the rest of the night.
He got what everybody demanded.

A player in, on a short term deal with very little long term risk.

But hey, that wont be good enough for some.

Yep, can't argue with the deal we've ended up getting him on Goat. Said it in his thread, hopefully the thought of a contract dangling in front of him after the loan is up will give him the incentive to raise his game.

I'm assuming that the reason why we've done this is all down to FFP wizardry.

Possibly a gentleman's agreement to give him a contract at the end of this deal as our hands are tied for these last few months of his current contract with FFP. He stays on his current wage and maybe we up what he gets next year by 5k a week to make up the difference.

If Bernard goes to Saudi Arabia I think maybe we sign King on a permanent today instead. We were obviously in need of shifting wages this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.