2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my share of criticisms for Brands, but genuinely do not understand how you can let your DOF who sits on your board be on less than six months contract. How is he supposed to do his job correctly? If there is no confidence and you want to see him gone, surely you would say an early goodbye and turn the reins over while paying him out until the summer. I have to assume he has a contract extension lined up that we do not know about or it would absolutely blow my mind. Someone tell me I'm not crazy.

He's probably just refused to sign. Man Utd rumours with him.

I have my share of criticisms for Brands, but genuinely do not understand how you can let your DOF who sits on your board be on less than six months contract.

Have wondered this myself.

I just assume the board know the outcome and will know he's either staying or they've got a replacement lined up for when he leaves.

@Tubey Sky saying we offered him a six-month deal, option for a further year.

Suppose that would make sense and, in fairness, is something that I wouldn't have blamed the club for.

Fulham will probably have offered him a longer term deal.

I just blame the club for having a situation where a desperate loan bid on deadline day is the option we've gone for when we've been left with one natural striker in the squad and 20 players overall, including three goalkeepers.

If the plan is to mitigate FFP by throwing the season away and then investing £200m in the summer or something daft, then.... fine I guess? But let's put it this way - I'm glad they're not allowed fans in to the stadium, because charging them for tickets for a season the club clearly doesn't give a toss about wouldn't be on.

Years of FFP have finally caught up to us and he’s hamstrung

Not shedding any tears

Delph - 70/80k
Lossl was on like 25k
Bernard 120k (though do believe Moshiri decided to get involved with that...)
Mina is a high earner, Gomes too.

Know you're not saying it's not on him at all, but there's been some big expenditure with him here to very little effect.

I just blame the club for having a situation where a desperate loan bid on deadline day is the option we've gone for when we've been left with one natural striker in the squad and 20 players overall, including three goalkeepers.

If the plan is to mitigate FFP by throwing the season away and then investing £200m in the summer or something daft, then.... fine I guess? But let's put it this way - I'm glad they're not allowed fans in to the stadium, because charging them for tickets for a season the club clearly doesn't give a toss about wouldn't be on.

I agree mate, fully.

For me, it was the same in October. When we were top of the league, winning seven from seven, but clearly needed a forward.

A smart loan, or ensure targets were there to be lined up immediately this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.