2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not enough random unknown players from his south American connections imo

This would be the medium to long term plan, so we can scout them, bring them over, loan them to European teams and introduce them slowly to an established team. The chances of buying 10 cheap, young, unknown players from another continent and somehow having a ready made team are next to impossible. Certainly in this league.

If he’s taking advice off super agents they seem to be taking him for a mug and palming off all their dross clients to us.

In theory this isn’t a bad thing.

Wecould do a lot worse than bypassing Brands to take Raiola and Kia Joorabchain‘s clients. Hell even Kia would be a better DOF!

Wecould do a lot worse than bypassing Brands to take Raiola and Kia Joorabchain‘s clients. Hell even Kia would be a better DOF!

Joorabchain has superstar players and as far as am aware not one of his clients have come here.

Doubt he would, I have been super critical of Brands but some of his changes to academy and scouting we won’t see the benefit from for years so nobody can slag him for that.

Now if he has an idea how to build something and someone keeps meddling with his plans it’s not really his fault.

I think I’ll be calming down on my Brands slander after this information has come out.

Except for the Gabriel deal am convinced he’s had a stinker there.

He needs to fix the midfield which he looks like he’s trying to do even though I don’t rate one of them.

He really needs to add creativity to this team because without Digne we really would haven’t a clue.

Yeah let's just put people in charge who's sole aim is to take as much off a Football a club to feather their own nest as opposed to have someone in charge with the club's best interests at heart....File this under * Stupid post *

Yeah let's just put people in charge who's sole aim is to take as much off a Football a club to feather their own nest as opposed to have someone in charge with the club's best interests at heart....File this under * Stupid post *

Yeah I suppose the guy who signs Mina, Delph, Iwobi,Lossl, Kean, Bernard. And renewed contacts for Pickford and Davies has our best interest at heart right.

His job title isn't creative director - it's director of football, who gives a flying if he is creative or not, just judge him on the players.

And for the record, Branthwaite was a gem, just because he came from Carlisle not Belgrade, doesn't mean it isn't a hidden gem.

Nkounkou could be one as well.

I think he is actually doing both.
'Just judge him on the players'? I doubt he'd hire you as his lawyer, you'd have just got him sent down.

Not enough random unknown players from his south American connections imo
I reckon work permits are an issue there tbh.

Yes unfortunately we miss out on these gems due to the WP rule which other countries dont seem to have.

The only thing we could do is what City amd Chelsea do, buy them and loan repeatedly but I cant see us spending £3-5 mill each on a load of youngsters in the hope of finding them good loans and that they develop into quality players. Too much of a gamble.

Yes unfortunately we miss out on these gems due to the WP rule which other countries dont seem to have.

The only thing we could do is what City amd Chelsea do, buy them and loan repeatedly but I cant see us spending £3-5 mill each on a load of youngsters in the hope of finding them good loans and that they develop into quality players. Too much of a gamble.

We can rarely find good loans for the local lads we have never mind foreign lads that take time to settle in.

The air of doom seems to be a lot stronger this pre season than normal. At least wait until the window has closed, not ideal but that's how it rolls when you finish 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.