2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been quiet on here for a few days but this thought is growing and just called it out on another thread.
Creativity in our recruiting strategy... I don’t see it.

Moyes was the last manager who seemed to have a definite plan and through lack of funds or brilliance or both, showed huge creativity to pull an excellent team together.
I hoped, no expected, Brands to deliver some gems at reasonable prices. We continue to pay high prices for some excellent players but just as high for average ones.. telling me we couldn’t have gone for Bowen instead of Iwobi... that would have shown some level of creative thinking.

Some of the more creative ideas haven’t planned out: Renier.. that’s all I can think of tbh.. but success is measured on “if only”.

Im hoping Nkounkou will prove a gem, but I would actually be more exited if he was made the official back up now to Digne. Then we would know the club think they have a real star on their hands... not a hopeful.

Saying all this I’m holding thumbs for Kean...that was and still could be a potential coup.. and I hoped the signs of things to come. That signing was definitely a bold one and kudos to the club.. now they have to back him...

Summary: Give us something to get excited about Marcel!

His job title isn't creative director - it's director of football, who gives a flying if he is creative or not, just judge him on the players.

And for the record, Branthwaite was a gem, just because he came from Carlisle not Belgrade, doesn't mean it isn't a hidden gem.

Nkounkou could be one as well.

I think he is actually doing both.

Falling out with Farhad....
tumblr_m5i82qs3yg1rr7wnno1_400.jpg

If we have to sell players to make any signings we are f'd.
If we have money to spend on limited players but would need to sell to make more signings then that's acceptable because I just don't see any team taking people like Bolasie or Sandro on a perm at all.

His job title isn't creative director - it's director of football, who gives a flying if he is creative or not, just judge him on the players.

And for the record, Branthwaite was a gem, just because he came from Carlisle not Belgrade, doesn't mean it isn't a hidden gem.

Nkounkou could be one as well.

I think he is actually doing both.

Branthwaite appears to be a brilliant signing.. said in another thread, we have been far better historically at finding future star defenders..Stones, Holgate.. maybe Gibson and maybe these 2 as well..

I’m not discounting these might work out and become stars... but doesn’t seem the club is that sure about Nkounkou .. and there is a fair chance we might not see Branthwaite again next season ... he’s number 4 in the pecking order right now and we have been trying to shift him to 5th.

It’s further up the pitch that concerns me. maybe unfairly but it’s in the attacking personnel I’m judging him. And yes creativity in thought is what separates the good from the great ... seeing something In the player and having the foresight to act..

Status
Not open for further replies.