2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think he's making detrimental decisions on purpose to damage the club? From one stupid post to another

He has made detrimental decisions to damage the club, on a level that’s unacceptable. Last time I checked, if a bad decision is made, if it’s done on purpose or not doesn’t matter.

Yes unfortunately we miss out on these gems due to the WP rule which other countries dont seem to have.

The only thing we could do is what City amd Chelsea do, buy them and loan repeatedly but I cant see us spending £3-5 mill each on a load of youngsters in the hope of finding them good loans and that they develop into quality players. Too much of a gamble.

And then still get shafted like we did with onyekuru

Interesting quotes from David Ornstein:

“There is a wider picture to this, in that the owner, Farhad Moshiri, at Everton, we know he’s very heavily involved and he’s said to have some trusted advisors who he seeks the counsel of.”

"Then on the football side at the club, you have Marcel Brands and, of course, Carlo Ancelotti as manager.

“It sounds like there is a bit of tension there, Brands only has a year left on his contract and he’s very strong-willed and has very clear ideas about where he wants to go, and I’m sure the owner does as well.”

"So let’s wait and see how this market develops and whether they’re all singing from the same hymn sheet or whether any problems emerge.”

He won’t have long left if that is true. Moshiri gets rid of staff if he isn’t happy with their performance.

“There is a wider picture to this, in that the owner, Farhad Moshiri, at Everton, we know he’s very heavily involved and he’s said to have some trusted advisors who he seeks the counsel of.”

"Then on the football side at the club, you have Marcel Brands and, of course, Carlo Ancelotti as manager.

“It sounds like there is a bit of tension there, Brands only has a year left on his contract and he’s very strong-willed and has very clear ideas about where he wants to go, and I’m sure the owner does as well.”

"So let’s wait and see how this market develops and whether they’re all singing from the same hymn sheet or whether any problems emerge.”

He won’t have long left if that is true. Moshiri gets rid of staff if he isn’t happy with their performance.
There is no point in appointing a DoF if Moshiri is going to decide who he wants to sign in moments of epiphany, madness and if true Moshiri will be his own downfall, leave the football matters to football people

Sounds to me like Moshiri and maybe Usmanov wants instant success whilst Brands is another hipster type who constantly wants 5 year "projects" signing young players.

I've said before I would be shocked if Brands stays on past this year for a number of reasons - however one for me is I think there is deffo tension there.

Remember when Mosh was ringing Brands in the early hours of the morning giving him "transfer" suggestions?

Think Brands would equally be fed up of working under Moshiri.

This feels like an invitation to post Ornstein memes.

Status
Not open for further replies.