2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure a player of Kean's age is the right situation for us at the moment. It'd be too much responsibility. This league is way more difficult in terms of tempo from the one he'd arrive from. Dzeko in theory sounds good, but opposite problem to Kean: 33 years old.

Werner wont come here.

We need an experienced striker in a good league in their mid-20s.

Dare I say a certain Sebastian Haller fitted our criteria?

I don't think he's got a position tbh mate that's his problem, very scattered attributes

Needs more goals for sure, but I think they'll come. What goes in his favour is how he helps create elsewhere on the pitch. If you looked at most of our goals from that good run last season, DCL was normally involved in them, even if it was merely setting up the man who got the assist for the goal scorer

Please tell me we're not going to start using W.Ham's aquisition of Haller as a stick to beat Brands with now are we??

No stick beatings from moi - Just highlighting that said Striker plays in decent league, good age and reasonable price in comparison to some of the earlier posts.

Let's have this right:

Brands had one outstanding job above all in this transfer window: to get a cracking striker in. There's more to do than that, of course. But that was - and is - the primary job.

He must be judged on what happens now in that respect.

I know that the transfer window starts when the financially doped clubs start the ball rolling, so there's still time in the three weeks left. He better use those weeks to find that striker though.
I think his main job was to secure Gomes and Zouma on permanent deals

Status
Not open for further replies.