2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to hear at this stage (after being grilled over strikers we should get) who others think Brands should be bringing through the door........
Its a tough one thats for sure, but I think you have to look at who made us tick up top in the past. Obviously Lukaku was a beast but still flawed, and its always a bit of a gamble bringing in a player not used to the League. Whoever it is if they do well they’ll most likely be off within a few seasons, so we’re always going to be more likely to get an unproven youngster rather than a journeyman.
How can you seriously evaluate our D of F when you can't even bother to know a single player outside the PL? You've never heard of these guys before.
So a decent striker is anyone at gabbiadini level or above?

...and only @Megatron answered the question.

He’s not a 1 in 3 goalscorer Dave. Last season was his best season ever, aside from that he’s posted Tosun numbers every season throughout his career. He isn’t even a centre forward anyway so wouldn’t solve our problem. He’d be replacing Sigurdsson, another 1 in 3 scorer.
Tenerife and Newcastle: a goal every 3.6 games.

What is this, Football Manager 2020? Who cares as long as they score goals. Oh sorry ok RONALDO
The point being...in lieu of Brands actually signing a striker, I'm being asked to come up with them...by people who have no idea who to go for themselves.

He's better at putting the ball away than DCL and Tosun; the two puddings some on here would be happy enough going with again.

But please: offer us your alternatives....

DCL is certainly not a "pudding"

Tosun I'll give you, but even Silva doesn't seem to rate him, let alone the majority of this forum

Silva at least seems to see something in DCL, which I agree with

Status
Not open for further replies.