2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton are showing interest in Shakhtar Donetsk chief scout Jose Boto.

The Toffees have splashed the cash in recent years, but are struggling to get the desired return and sit inside the relegation zone in the Premier League after eight games.
Everton boss Marco Silva is coming under big pressure, but the Toffees may be eyeing a change on their recruitment side rather than in the dugout.

They have zeroed in on Shakhtar Donetsk's Boto, according to Italian outlet Tutto Mercato.

It is claimed that there has been contact between Everton and Boto, with the Premier League side admirers of his work.

What position Everton might be looking to slot Boto into is unclear, as is whether his potential arrival could affect director of football Marcel Brands.
Boto occupied the role of chief scout at Benfica for over ten years before he headed to the Ukraine with Shakhtar Donetsk in 2018, penning a two-year deal.
Everton would likely need to move quickly if they want to have Boto in place in time to influence their January transfer window business.

Brands getting replaced.

Im made up, we have never deserved him, hopefully he joins a proper club.

All they sign is amazing Brazilian kids.

Amazing Brazilian kids we can't play.

If true it could mean a couple of things.
We are appointing a chief scout to work under Brands....or
Our next manager is unwilling to work under a DOF. I think it is more likely the first option.

We are light in a couple of areas but in general our recruitment under Brands seems to be good. We have signed younger players and most have probably increased in value.
I am not sure that recruitment of players that is the problem.

If that was the case the club may as well just set itself on fire for being so dumb.

worst squad ive seen in along time , we have *some* talent but its threadbare and lobsided with no leaders and no spine

statistically the worst manager in the league who has us in the relegation zone

DoF and owners who think this is fine and a win against west ham will make things all rosy.

I don't think I'd go that far. The premier league is much more competitive than it was before. Seems like these days any weakness in a team is badly exploited.

So transfer fees are static and reasonable...and I'm weird
The first part no, that has never been suggested and has just been invented by you because you either don’t understand or can’t argue against the actual point. The second part I wholeheartedly agree with.

The first part no, that has never been suggested and has just been invented by you because you either don’t understand or can’t argue against the actual point. The second part I wholeheartedly agree with.
And this was the original post you answered: "You won’t get a couple of decent CB’s for £20m in 2019 mate". So just give us a couple you think will fit the bill?

And this was the original post you answered: "You won’t get a couple of decent CB’s for £20m in 2019 mate". So just give us a couple you think will fit the bill?
I can’t, but as I couldn’t have named the aforementioned players who moved in 2018 either, that is - AGAIN - irrelevant.

You’re boring everybody by continuing a discussion that wasn’t that interesting to start with And I’ve been suckered into replying so I’ll leave it there now and we can just agree that you’re wrong and you base on your look on Gary glitter, so you’re defo weird.

Marcel needs another summer. If a year from now we're still wallowing in mediocrity then yeah it'll be time to start looking to replace. Right now a couple of wins will launch us up the table and things will look way more acceptable but its the players and manager that need to sort this in the short term, especially at FF on the training field!

I highly doubt it'd be in any way related to Brands' position.

It'll just be to get a scout who's good with the South American stuff (not lemo), which that bloke will be.

brand IS our chief scout and deal maker ...

he would obv have some scouts , but a new chief scout ?? im sorry the two wouldn't be able to work together would they ,,

the fact the fella is Portuguese makes me think...….

MOURINHO

get brands out and come and work with this new fella

he would obv have some scouts , but a new chief scout ?? im sorry the two wouldn't be able to work together would they ,,

MOURINHO

You know who else is portugese?????

SILVA

all hail his glorious 1000 year reign.

I can’t, but as I couldn’t have named the aforementioned players who moved in 2018 either, that is - AGAIN - irrelevant.

You’re boring everybody by continuing a discussion that wasn’t that interesting to start with And I’ve been suckered into replying so I’ll leave it there now and we can just agree that you’re wrong and you base on your look on Gary glitter, so you’re defo weird.
So what your saying is you hadn't a clue what you were saying in the first place and the sad attempt at a cheap shot is the best you can offer. And just for clarity I was the first with the shaved head and white goatee look.:)

MOURINHO

We aren't getting Jose. We aren't getting a new DoF. I know you're jesting like but still.

Steinsson (probs spelt wrong) is a chief scout under Brands. Steinsson is responsible for Europe. Maybe Brands wants someone else responsible for another continent.

If true it could mean a couple of things.
We are appointing a chief scout to work under Brands....or
Our next manager is unwilling to work under a DOF. I think it is more likely the first option.

We are light in a couple of areas but in general our recruitment under Brands seems to be good. We have signed younger players and most have probably increased in value.
I am not sure that recruitment of players that is the problem.
that actually sounds like Mourihno

edit: and now I see that's been noted ad nauseum already

worst squad ive seen in along time , we have *some* talent but its threadbare and lobsided with no leaders and no spine

statistically the worst manager in the league who has us in the relegation zone

DoF and owners who think this is fine and a win against west ham will make things all rosy.
Bang on.

Status
Not open for further replies.