2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, we're weaker at Center back, and centre midfield... We didn't really address Right back position, and we're in trouble at left back if Digne gets injured...... We only found a 19 year old to solve our Striker problem....

Brands has "discovered" no young talent to add to our squad since he arrived (which was supposed to be his thing)... we've just signed players bigger clubs no longer wanted

How are we weaker at CB?

Before Brands we had Jags and Williams, now we have Mina and Keane.

Personally I think Gomes, Delph and Gmblammo is stronger than Gana, but I realise most wont agree.

We bought a world cup winning RB, so im not sure you can say it wasnt addressed.

And the 19 year old Striker is the best 19 year old in world football.

Brands will find the gems, to compliment the squad, currently the squad is rammed full of old players on massive money, hes been here 12months, so of course there will be gaps to address.

But we have added Digne, Bernie, Mina, Rico, Iwobi, Kean, Gomes, Delph, Gmblammo to the squad, I mean if people dont think those players improve us, im not sure what to say personally.

Im not saying we have a top 4 squad, we were never gonna have a top 4 squad in 12months, but its nowhere near as bad as some make out, people just wanna focus on the lack of CB and selling Gana and choose to ignore all the good thats happened. Of course thats down to most of the players playing like League One.

But on Saturday we had 5 Brands signings on the bench and bar Lossl, they all should have started.

How are we weaker at CB?

Before Brands we had Jags and Williams, now we have Mina and Keane.

Personally I think Gomes, Delph and Gmblammo is stronger than Gana, but I realise most wont agree.

We bought a world cup winning RB, so im not sure you can say it wasnt addressed.

And the 19 year old Striker is the best 19 year old in world football.

Brands will find the gems, to compliment the squad, currently the squad is rammed full of old players on massive money, hes been here 12months, so of course there will be gaps to address.

But we have added Digne, Bernie, Mina, Rico, Iwobi, Kean, Gomes, Delph, Gmblammo to the squad, I mean if people dont think those players improve us, im not sure what to say personally.

Im not saying we have a top 4 squad, we were never gonna have a top 4 squad in 12months, but its nowhere near as bad as some make out, people just wanna focus on the lack of CB and selling Gana and choose to ignore all the good thats happened. Of course thats down to most of the players playing like League One.

But on Saturday we had 5 Brands signings on the bench and bar Lossl, they all should have started.
He’s done good things, no doubt about that at all. He’s had some failures too though. That’s fine, it’s to be expected, but people will obviously comment on it. His failings have, in my opinion, had a big impact on our start to the season, so he doesn’t get a free pass from me.

He’s done good things, no doubt about that at all. He’s had some failures too though. That’s fine, it’s to be expected, but people will obviously comment on it. His failings have, in my opinion, had a big impact on our start to the season, so he doesn’t get a free pass from me.

Who would win, the team that Brands built or the team that Walsh/Martinez/Moyes built?

Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Holgate - Baines
Snides - Davies
Walcott - Viking - Bolasie
DCL

Lossl
Sidibe - Mina - Gmblammo - Digne
Gomes - Delph
Rico - Iwobi - Bernie
Kean​

I honestly don't think that is his job.

He's here to sign the cheques, be in charge of scouting and recruitment.

In terms of team set up, why does anyone think he has any more influence than members of this forum?

I think Brands' remit in this aspect is to account to the board (of which he is a member) and owner on Silva's performance. If it gets into the nitty-gritty of a critique on Silva's zonal marking then as I see it this would be implied criticism anyway.

They may even discuss it but I'd imagine that would be perceived as a loaded discussion on Silva's part and a shot across the bows. Their professional relationship should be focused primarily on results, or the lack of them. In time, as things stand, Silva's results will speak for themselves.

How do you know he isn't?

I guess my point is here, if Silva isn’t operationally accountable to Brands (or anyone else) - and it would be treading on his delicate tootsies to tell him his output is unacceptable and perhaps dig into the reasons for that and what can be done to remedy the situation - then no wonder the result is garbage on the pitch.

Sounds unlikely to me that there would be no degrees in between the extremes of happy families and get in the bin yer fraud.

Who would win, the team that Brands built or the team that Walsh/Martinez/Moyes built?

Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Holgate - Baines
Snides - Davies
Walcott - Viking - Bolasie
DCL

Lossl
Sidibe - Mina - Gmblammo - Digne
Gomes - Delph
Rico - Iwobi - Bernie
Kean​
I would suggest it would be an abysmal 0-0 draw.

In the Walsh/Moyes team Coleman and Baines at their best were top class, Walcott high class.

In Brands team Digne is high class but not at the level of Coleman/Baines defensively.
Rico and Kean have the potential to be high class.

The rest are all very average prem players.

just a thought here ..

maybe Brands 'disasterous' window was just a ploy , to get silva out.

maybe Brands had no fiath in him at all, but Moshiri insisted he gets this season , so Brands didint deliver the CB and forward needed.

stranger things have happened

just a thought here ..

maybe Brands 'disasterous' window was just a ploy , to get silva out.

maybe Brands had no fiath in him at all, but Moshiri insisted he gets this season , so Brands didint deliver the CB and forward needed.

stranger things have happened

giphy.gif

Imagine Moyes with money.

Jesus.
Wasn’t his biggest fan but he set up a proper system of statistical analysis and tracking of players who’d fit in with the way he wanted to play. Unfortunately it was largely dismantled by his successors. He was ahead of a large part of the Premiership. If we’d kept that system and built on it we’d be a lot better off now.

Who did Brand manage to offload in the off-season? And who did he not offload? I think that's as important as who he bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.