2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...

We have a manager who can't defend set pieces historically, his team's struggle to come back from conceding, relegated a club, loses more than he wins in England....

And people are now blaming the director of football? Questioning the signings? Blaming him for the managers shortcomings?

Seriously?

I've said my bit on brands more than once on this thread so I won't cover old ground . But it's getting ridiculous if people genuinely want to blame brands for what's happening on the pitch. Literally blame anyone and everyone when it's clearly the manager who just isn't good enough.

It's embarrassing to blame the one person at the club who has actually done what he has meant to do.

One thing I will say again as it needs to be said , I wonder how much better a job transfer wise brands could do if he didn't have a load of deadwood on 80 grand a week to shift out before we could afford to pay new players.

Do people think we have 100s of millions every single summer to spend ?
You don't think it may just be possible that our problems aren't all down to one thing no?

You don't think it may just be possible that our problems aren't all down to one thing no?
So crap team underperforming and being in the bottom 3?

Go back 2 years and exact same scenario with a different director in charge, different manager, assistant manager , different players etc.

Except one thing. Discount allardyce coming in because , we all knew he wasn't staying without finishing top 4. We replaced out sacked manager with one who had been relegated and sacked within the last 12 months prior to that.

Maybe our issues are not Marcel brands. Maybe it's the kenwright / moshiri / Walsh effect that we keep flashbacking to . It was them who offered massive contracts, them who hired Silva , them who felt the need to chase a manager for 6 weeks only to replace him with the second worst manager we could have at the time.

Maybe once brands can choose the manager we may actually not see some substandard appointment ?

Inappropriate Language
I think the decision to sack the manager may already be more or less made, but first I think we may be lining up his replacement.
The international break gives the club some time to make a decision and act on it before we play again,.
We have been very poor this season and our performances gave mirrored our results, but when I look at the players we have at the club there is quite a lot of quality there for a new manager to work with.

With a different formation and a quicker tempo I think we could be decent. I think a new manager would shake some of our players out of the comfort zone they appear to be in.
I seen this shoite show coming a mile off and i based it on both our pre season preperations(don't know who was in charge of that, probably Silva) and our diabolicaly bad transfer window preparations(down to Brands), so to sack Silva and just leave Brands in a job doesn't seem fair at all, i agree that Silva should be sacked because we should be better than in the relegation zone but that Brands is equally responsible for pure neglect.

So crap team underperforming and being in the bottom 3?

Go back 2 years and exact same scenario with a different director in charge, different manager, assistant manager , different players etc.

Except one thing. Discount allardyce coming in because , we all knew he wasn't staying without finishing top 4. We replaced out sacked manager with one who had been relegated and sacked within the last 12 months prior to that.

Maybe our issues are not Marcel brands. Maybe it's the kenwright / moshiri / Walsh effect that we keep flashbacking to . It was them who offered massive contracts, them who hired Silva , them who felt the need to chase a manager for 6 weeks only to replace him with the second worst manager we could have at the time.

Maybe once brands can choose the manager we may actually not see some substandard appointment ?
Yes, maybe. Maybe if Brands had bought/kept the players we needed then Silva would be doing really well, instead of basically either having to completely change his tactical set up or carry on playing the same style with players who aren't really suited to it. There are lots of ifs, buts and maybes, and it's incredibly simplistic to put it 100% on the managers shoulders. There have been failings in a number of areas, including Brands'. It doesn't mean he's useless and needs to go, and it doesn't excuse Silva from our pathetic efforts so far, but let's not make out like everything will magically be great if we change managers, because it won't.

No word from the "Director" of Football on the £250M dogs breakfast of a squad he's put in place, or what our plan is to get out of this mess?

Of course the issue isn’t Marcel Brands.

He will be lining a replacement up as we speak. It’s his remit to hire and fire managers and don’t forget, Silva was not his man. They may have arrived at the same time but Brands is the senior man by a mile.
You would think from some posts on here he is to blame for everything over the past 6 years lol

I seen this shoite show coming a mile off and i based it on both our pre season preperations(don't know who was in charge of that, probably Silva) and our diabolicaly bad transfer window preparations(down to Brands), so to sack Silva and just leave Brands in a job doesn't seem fair at all, i agree that Silva should be sacked because we should be better than in the relegation zone but that Brands is equally responsible for pure neglect.
I do believe we have some talented players at the club, players that would get into most teams in the Premiership but our football is so slow and predictable at present that we are very easily beaten by inferior teams.
I honestly do not know how much involvement Brands has in the day to day running of the football team but I expect that is the sole responsibility of the manager.

He is responsible for the fact we still do not have a striker worthy of the title.
He has had enough time to have put that right and hasn’t.

It pains me to say it, but I'd have had Moyes back here as DoF...as long as he was kept away from employing the principal attacker.

We'd have had players who wouldn't run and hide behind the couch when they fell behind in a game, and the number of injury prone players signed would be down to a bare minimum.

Most sensible people can see the squad has been improved, only a fool would think otherwise.

Tbh, we're weaker at Center back, and centre midfield... We didn't really address Right back position, and we're in trouble at left back if Digne gets injured...... We only found a 19 year old to solve our Striker problem....

Brands has "discovered" no young talent to add to our squad since he arrived (which was supposed to be his thing)... we've just signed players bigger clubs no longer wanted

It pains me to say it, but I'd have had Moyes back here as DoF...as long as he was kept away from employing the principal attacker.

We'd have had players who wouldn't run and hide behind the couch when they fell behind in a game, and the number of injury prone players signed would be down to a bare minimum.
I was thinking this the other day, he would do a far better job than that freek Brands, even the striker state of affairs would probably have been better and that is saying something.

Status
Not open for further replies.