2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they leave they leave for a valuation that makes the clubs taking them wince when they get their way. £29M for Gueye in today's market was a shambles.

He had 3 years on his contract. Everton could and should have said "You want to go? Fair enough, but the buying club will need to compensate us at the going rate - if they dont, you're staying."
For an example of that see our pursuit of Gylfi from Swansea.

.....I know you won’t accept this, but power is very much in the hands of players these days and when they want to move it inevitably happens. I suspect we kept Gueye last summer with an agreement he could leave this time around if the right offer came in.

Interesting point re Moshiri facilitating our biggest sales. That suggests to me that we have bought some value. Ultimately it would be good if our best players want to stay but we seem some way off being in that position at the moment. Generally speaking, players will leave when they want to leave.

I enjoy Daves posts but I do think the Gueye stuff is a bit of a red herring. It should be noted, that for 60% of last season Gueye didn't look a 30 million pound player.

The club is working to a plan. Whether you agree with it or not, it is good there is a plan in place. Selling a lad for 30 million, potentially rising to 40 million at age 29 makes a lot of sense. We essentially got Gbamin and Delph for the same money. I don't think as a club we can be turning down the sort of funds they received.

In a league that is a little slower, a team with better players to pass too, and one where they will swamp opponents Gana will be very very good for PSG for a number of years. I also think he'd have been a great buy for Manchester City. For sides who can afford to pay £30+m for a player who will generate little sell on and be a piece in a jigsaw rather than enhancing the team.

The truth is, we have not seen any of Gbamin and that is a big miss. The guy identified to replace him won't contribute. We need to see more fromDelph who is an experienced premier league player, and from Schneiderlin too who has not protected the defence well enough. Gomes needs to dominate games more. That is where the attention needs to be. I don't think any of them are worldbeaters, but they are all good enough to perform a role and need too.

The manager still has some resources. It's a small sample size this season, but the 2019 away form has not been good enough and he will need to find a solution to that. It ought to be remembered it has been poor for a number of years, and Gana has been there for 3 of them. So I'm not sure he's the sole problem in all of this.

And then not a single player with any talent will join us.

We run a football club, not a prison.

What? A football club cant make sure it's properly compensated for and allows a player with years left on their contract to go because they want to? Is that really a part of the negotiations when Everton seek to bring a player in - that their agent turns down better wages than about 15 other PL clubs because they wont "box in" their clients to a deal?

...that’s a fair point, Dave. I dare say the fee might have been agreed as part of the discussion that he stayed last season. We don’t know what truly goes on, but I suppose we benefit in the same way with some purchases.
Well if that were true, how stupid is this DoF?

What? A football club cant make sure it's properly compensated for and allows a player with years left on their contract to go because they want to? Is that really a part of the negotiations when Everton seek to bring a player in - that their agent turns down better wages than about 15 other PL clubs because they wont "box in" their clients to a deal?

You sadly dont understand how modern football works dave.

If you want to PM and I can go through it with you over the next 5 years or so.

:coffee:

You sadly dont understand how modern football works dave.

If you want to PM and I can go through it with you over the next 5 years or so.

:coffee:

Brands and his scumbag mate Raiola: that is one dodgy relationship. I do wonder if he had any say in Gueye finding his way to PSG. Raiola was all over the attempt to get Pogba out of United to PSG.

Well if that were true, how stupid is this DoF?

....I don’t think he’s stupid at all getting another season out of a player and then bringing in a number of replacements for the same amount.

The thing with Gbamin is that he might fit better the way Brands/Silva want to play. Gueye’s departure and Gbamin’s acquisition might be a very smart piece of business, we simply don’t know yet.

....I don’t think he’s stupid at all getting another season out of a player and then bringing in a number of replacements for the same amount.

The thing with Gbamin is that he might fit better the way Brands/Silva want to play. Gueye’s departure and Gbamin’s acquisition might be a very smart piece of business, we simply don’t know yet.
Time will tell. But as things stand he's sold Gueye on the cheap and not found any replacement. The midfield is weak; the CB position is weak; the forward line is dysfunctional.

That's all down to Brands and his dealings...or lack of them in some cases.

Time will tell. But as things stand he's sold Gueye on the cheap and not found any replacement. The midfield is weak; the CB position is weak; the forward line is dysfunctional.

That's all down to Brands and his dealings...or lack of them in some cases.

Sick of people pining over Gana, we lost plenty of games with the jarg little tackle midget in the side, Delph is 5 times the player he will ever be.

Status
Not open for further replies.