2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing has changed since Moshiri came in with all his money..

WE STILL SELL OUR BEST PLAYERS
Everton's biggest spending spree ever has been on Moshiri's watch; Everton's biggest sales of all time has been on Moshiri's watch. Only the former is acknowledged by some though.

like every other top team

we aren't a top team though... we are aspiring to join them

our only great players were gana and digne

we cant afford to let these types of players go.

top teams can sell their better players as they have 11 or more of them so one going doesn't mean going backwards.

if your team only has one great player and you sell him, then you are doomed... please see spurs and bale

top teams can sell their better players as they have 11 or more of them so one going doesn't mean going backwards.

if your team only has one great player and you sell him, then you are doomed... please see spurs and bale
The problem is we acquire talent that can easily slot into top teams when we Everton our own season and fail to reach europe these players will want to move onto teams that can reach europe on a more consistent basis.
Gana doesn't look out of place in the CL, He also wanted to move to a highly more decorated team.
Digne wouldn't look out of place in any of the top 4 in the PL or even some CL teams and I wouldn't be surprised if he will be looking to move soon, It's cat and mouse. Every player has it's price e v e r y player regardless.
If someone offered mega money for Harry Kane today he would be offski.

Everton's biggest spending spree ever has been on Moshiri's watch; Everton's biggest sales of all time has been on Moshiri's watch. Only the former is acknowledged by some though.

.....I know you won’t accept this, but power is very much in the hands of players these days and when they want to move it inevitably happens. I suspect we kept Gueye last summer with an agreement he could leave this time around if the right offer came in.

Interesting point re Moshiri facilitating our biggest sales. That suggests to me that we have bought some value. Ultimately it would be good if our best players want to stay but we seem some way off being in that position at the moment. Generally speaking, players will leave when they want to leave.

The problem is we acquire talent that can easily slot into top teams when we Everton our own season and fail to reach europe these players will want to move onto teams that can reach europe on a more consistent basis.
Gana doesn't look out of place in the CL, He also wanted to move to a highly more decorated team.
Digne wouldn't look out of place in any of the top 4 in the PL or even some CL teams and I wouldn't be surprised if he will be looking to move soon, It's cat and mouse. Every player has it's price e v e r y player regardless.
If someone offered mega money for Harry Kane today he would be offski.

I get this and this is why brand should never let these players go without having the replacement in.

we still haven't got a main striker which is criminal.

.....I know you won’t accept this, but power is very much in the hands of players these days and when they want to move it inevitably happens. I suspect we kept Gueye last summer with an agreement he could leave this time around if the right offer came in.

Interesting point re Moshiri facilitating our biggest sales. That suggests to me that we have bought some value. Ultimately it would be good if our best players want to stay but we seem some way off being in that position at the moment. Generally speaking, players will leave when they want to leave.
If they leave they leave for a valuation that makes the clubs taking them wince when they get their way. £29M for Gueye in today's market was a shambles.

He had 3 years on his contract. Everton could and should have said "You want to go? Fair enough, but the buying club will need to compensate us at the going rate - if they dont, you're staying."

If they leave they leave for a valuation that makes the clubs taking them wince when they get their way. £29M for Gueye in today's market was a shambles.

He had 3 years on his contract. Everton could and should have said "You want to go? Fair enough, but the buying club will need to compensate us at the going rate - if they dont, you're staying."

And then not a single player with any talent will join us.

We run a football club, not a prison.

Last edited:

...that’s a fair point, Dave. I dare say the fee might have been agreed as part of the discussion that he stayed last season. We don’t know what truly goes on, but I suppose we benefit in the same way with some purchases.

Please see Chelsea and Hazard.
Also, Spurs? Bale? Doomed? They bought Eriksen with that money and have went on to the Champions League final last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.