2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

We are gonna see that dance at least 40 times next season.
We couldn't handle it

Am I the only one a million miles from being convinced about Brands.

Forget the nice touches with players mums on TV (puke inducing) - do it privately ffs.

All that matters is that he improves us as a team.

Kean (who was the last 19yo foreign import to make an impact at the top level of the prem?) - in no way solves the striker problem.

We have sold our best centre mid and have not replaced our best central defender of last season.
We need a new right back, 2 centre halfs, another striker and to my mind a different keeper if we are to get anywhere near 6th.

Also if Gbaim is significantly worse than Gueye (which he probably is) then we are in for another utterly gash season.

I’d share some of your observations, I don’t like him cultivating a high profile, media profile, makes me question his intentions and motivations in terms of career pathway.

I agree that video and publicity is cringe worthy and a true measure of the gesture can only been deemed genuine if done privately and with humility there shouldn’t be a video of it published online.

I also think people give him to much credit, I think Silva plays a significant role in much Brands gets credit for.

Another criticism would be cultivating positive media when things are going well, but he left Silva to face the wolves alone during that bad period in Jan, no glossy photo shoots then.

I do however feel he’s doing a decent enough job, like I say I think Silva deserves credit with him. But I think he’s invested particularly well. By that I mean we are going to be sell to buy going forward, so I think he is doing well investing in players who will appreciate, fattened up and then sold for a profit. I think he might catch a bit of heat in the future on this.

The business needs the above to be honest. I do think generally people go a bit over the top about him to be honest, despite him doing a decent job. The way I look at it David Moyes was doing the same thing for ten years on less money, while also managing the team.

I know others will say he hasn’t been great with outs and maybe there is a bit of truth in that, I’m on record as saying that it will take three summer windows to clean up this squad and I’ll stand by that, so overall I think he and Silva are doing a good job and have built a bit of trust with me.

There are aspects of the man I’m suspicious about and wouldn’t trust his intentions, but as long as he does his job reasonably well while he’s here, I’m kool with significant others.

Still skin in the game this window so let’s see how it plays out.

Last edited:

I’d share some of your observations, I don’t like him cultivating a high profile, media profile, makes me question his intentions and motivations in terms of career pathway.

I agree that video and publicity is cring worthy and a true measure of the gesture can only been deemed genuine if done privately and with humility their shouldn’t be a video of it published online.

I also think people give him to much credit, I think Silva plays a significant role in much Brands gets credit for.

Another criticism would be cultivating positive media when things are going well, but he left Silva to face the wolves alone during that bad period in Jan, no glossy photo shoots then.

I do however feel he’s doing a decent enough job, like I say I think Silva deserves credit with him. But I think he’s invested particularly well. By that I mean we are going to be sell to buy going forward, so I think he is doing well investing in players who will appreciate, fattened up and then sold for a profit. I think he might catch a bit of heat in the future on this.

The business needs the above to be honest. I do think generally people go a bit over the top about him to be honest, despite him doing a decent job. The way I look at David Moyes was doing the same thing for ten years on less money, while also managing the team.

I know others will say he hasn’t been great with outs and maybe there is a bit of truth in that, I’m on record as saying that it will take three summer windows to clean up this squad and I’ll stand by that, so overall I think he and Silva are doing a good job and have built a bit of trust with me.

There are aspects of the man I’m suspicious about and wouldn’t trust his intentions, but as long as he does his job reasonably well while he’s here, I’m kool with significant others.

Still skin in the game this window so let’s see how it plays out.
Very sensible,very much to agree on. Thanks

We need a song for Marcel. Would he be the first DOF to have a song? :)

I’m probably gonna have to delete my account after this, but I agree. Something along the lines of sweet Caroline.

Braaaaaands, Marcel braaaands
Signing keeeen, signing luuuuu - cas - digne
Sweet Marcus brands (da da da)
Sexy football back at good - ison ison ison

I’d be inclined, win some cups we will have fun

I’m drunk.
I’ve tried to adapt to a terrace chant.
Words defo need changing.
I’m drunk

Night night
Be gentle

Meh......

I’m probably gonna have to delete my account after this, but I agree. Something along the lines of sweet Caroline.

I’m drunk.
I’m drunk

Night night
Be gentle

Meh......
Well,we won't be seeing you again. Thanks for the effort

I’m drunk.
I’m drunk

Night night
Be gentle

Meh......
Great effort. Can we just change all the words & the song choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.