2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it because I cant stand the man, but Moyes was a better DoF than Brands ever will be. What are the scores on the doors in terms of net profit on players in / players out with him? Enormous. The feller could spot a bargain and shift barely decent out for massive fees. In truth, he was a much better negotiator than coach.

Off the top of my head he made losses on Beattie and Bilyaletdinov. Could also say Yakubu but he was a decent striker.

I hate to say it because I cant stand the man, but Moyes was a better DoF than Brands ever will be. What are the scores on the doors in terms of net profit on players in / players out with him? Enormous. The feller could spot a bargain and shift barely decent out for massive fees. In truth, he was a much better negotiator than coach.

Id be more of a Moyes fan, he made the club 100s of millions both directly and indirectly, he was a god send from a business point of view. When you look at the model we have now we pay two employees 10 mill approx to do the job that only about 5 years ago one man was doing for abut a 1 million and creaming it in, "where did it all go wrong".

Id be more of a Moyes fan, he made the club 100s of millions both directly and indirectly, he was a god send from a business point of view. When you look at the model we have now we pay two employees 10 mill approx to do the job that only about 5 years ago one man was doing for abut a 1 million and creaming it in, "where did it all go wrong".
It's clever to have more layers of bureaucracy, apparently.

The big 'sell' on DoF's is they save you cash over a long period because there's less need for churn when one manager comes in with a totally different style to predecessors and wants to sell everyone and buy afresh. The style and personnel are in situ already.

But how many times does that theory ever work out?

So if the wages on the books arent a problem with the now obsolete STCC but the P/L is...

How does that make it easier to SELL players on over £50k /£100k a week who are jist about good enough for the championship...

Then take into account their book values which means selling them at under their amortised value punishes us on the amount we can spend on fees

Can you explain your thinking?

Hahaha so youre complaining that brands hasnt sold players worth £1mil a pop yet ?

Robinson could be off to wigan soon for £2mil...

Smile :)

Brands will shift that group easily, its the high wages ones who will be a nightmare
No, I'm saying that the oft-claimed "impossible" wages that the loaned out players are on applies only to maybe 4 of them.

So if the wages on the books arent a problem with the now obsolete STCC but the P/L is...

How does that make it easier to SELL players on over £50k /£100k a week who are jist about good enough for the championship...

Then take into account their book values which means selling them at under their amortised value punishes us on the amount we can spend on fees

Can you explain your thinking?
Most PL clubs (all but two) fell foul of the clamp on higher wages and were having to scale down on wages to comply with STCC; now they have the shackles taken off. Ergo: they can look to seek a compromise between fee and wages with Everton; if Everton take the appropriate hit on fee, the wages will be manageable.

That;s where a good negtiator comes into play. Quite obviously Brands either hasn't got that Englsih wheeler dealer / range of contacts with agents and clubs savvy yet, or he just doesn't possess the smarts to get the job done.

No, I'm saying that the oft-claimed "impossible" wages that the loaned out players are on applies only to maybe 4 of them.

Well this summer its surely:

Bolasie
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Besic (in talks with fulham)
Walcott
Mirallas
Tosun
Niasse

8 players...

Which of the others did you expect to be sold?

Most PL clubs (all but two) fell foul of the clamp on higher wages and were having to scale down on wages to comply with STCC; now they have the shackles taken off. Ergo: they can look to seek a compromise between fee and wages with Everton; if Everton take the appropriate hit on fee, the wages will be manageable.

That;s where a good negtiator comes into play. Quite obviously Brands either hasn't got that Englsih wheeler dealer / range of contacts with agents and clubs savvy yet, or he just doesn't possess the smarts to get the job done.

But you cant take a hit on fees...due to the FFP regulations.

It's clever to have more layers of bureaucracy, apparently.

The big 'sell' on DoF's is they save you cash over a long period because there's less need for churn when one manager comes in with a totally different style to predecessors and wants to sell everyone and buy afresh. The style and personnel are in situ already.

But how many times does that theory ever work out?

The model leads itself to conflict in my opinion. Silva is content for Brands to take the limelight, imagine someone with BFS or Koemans ego and Brands doing his glossy photo shoots and articles. I can see difficult dynamics ahead.

Trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.