2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman was already trying to force out various players like Niasse and Barkley, even Sam alluded to squad size, so I guess that's been an issue for a while.

the problem I fear is that if we go for 10-15 mil targets then the fans will moan because other clubs are spending 30-40 mil

so are his expectations to still aim for 10-15 mil targets and turn over a profit on them in the long term or go for big targets at 40-50 mil range?

At the moment I'm expecting (from what's been said) sales to the tune of £60M-£70M by shifting out 7/8 saleable players and for us to buy a maximum of 4 with it (and release or loan out another 3/4 we cant immediately get fees for). That'll be supplemented with a process of promotion from the academy to match day squads and we';ll dig into that as the season progresses and injuries/suspensions pile up.

That strategy relies on making quality signings and having the talent at the academy to promote from within.

It'd be an experiment. A lot would be up for that after the appalling waste and knock to the club's reputation so far from spending big. I get that. But it's a chance being taken nevertheless.

I think all that you have said is correct there mate with regards to how things will play out. Important though not to knock it just yet because IF the 4 signings they bring in are quality purchases who offer us the balance/blend/chemistry that was massiviely lacking the last couple of years during recruitment, then we will be in good hands.

I think they will take a look at Feeney ( not sure where he is up to recovery wise after an op end of season ), Gibson ( had a great season for the u23's ), Robinson, Dowell, Baningeme for stepping up/integrated into the squad and that would be alongside the likes of Kenny, Davies, DCL and sounds like Lookman will be in and around the first team. Hopefully Vlasic can step up after a tough season for him.

Brands and Silva have got a job on their hands cleaning up the mess that Koeman and Walsh left behind so lets give them.the time and suppport and patience that will probably be needed at this moment in time.

At the moment I'm expecting (from what's been said) sales to the tune of £60M-£70M by shifting out 7/8 saleable players and for us to buy a maximum of 4 with it (and release or loan out another 3/4 we cant immediately get fees for). That'll be supplemented with a process of promotion from the academy to match day squads and we';ll dig into that as the season progresses and injuries/suspensions pile up.

That strategy relies on making quality signings and having the talent at the academy to promote from within.

It'd be an experiment. A lot would be up for that after the appalling waste and knock to the club's reputation so far from spending big. I get that. But it's a chance being taken nevertheless.

We are on the same page, however it’s going to be difficult to get the quality signings over the line. For that I’m prepared to wait and see how the new additions fall into place and settle. I believe we will find it easier to attract the high quality signings if we improve on the pitch.

We are on the same page, however it’s going to be difficult to get the quality signings over the line. For that I’m prepared to wait and see how the new additions fall into place and settle. I believe we will find it easier to attract the high quality signings if we improve on the pitch.
Quite right mate, a lot of people on here are expecting a quick fix, ain't going to happen.

Quite right mate, a lot of people on here are expecting a quick fix, ain't going to happen.

People still worried about spend, if we identify players who are worth more to the team and spend little on them, what’s the fuss?

Identifying the potential £40m plus players and picking them up for a fraction is what we need to do.

People still worried about spend, if we identify players who are worth more to the team and spend little on them, what’s the fuss?

Identifying the potential £40m plus players and picking them up for a fraction is what we need to do.[/QUOT
I just think a quick fix ain't going to happen, JMO like.

the problem I fear is that if we go for 10-15 mil targets then the fans will moan because other clubs are spending 30-40 mil

so are his expectations to still aim for 10-15 mil targets and turn over a profit on them in the long term or go for big targets at 40-50 mil range?

His aim is to use the budget however he sees fit and buy players that improve us. Be it £10m or £50m.

His aim is to use the budget however he sees fit and buy players that improve us. Be it £10m or £50m.
yes but if his budget is 100 mil, he will never have had a budget like that at psv so will he play it conservative and go for smaller buys or will he be bold and go for a big name

obviously no one knows and it's down to brands himself but he has never worked with such a large budget before so will be interesting to see what type of players he targets

I wonder if he has any ties with Brazilian clubs and could tempt some of the talented youngsters over there to come over

work permits may be an issue but clubs like Madrid and Barcelona seem to get round them quite easily

Depends on the talent. Salif Sane just went to Schalke for £8m and he’s miles better than Keane.

If the £10-15m players are good we won’t care if they cost less.

Status
Not open for further replies.