2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's silly to suggest Brands has MORE pull than the manager. Iwobi, Tosun, Walcott, Delph, etc are all here because the manager at the time wanted them here. In my opinion, Brands' influence over who is signed to the first team is small. He's the man to execute the plans, though. Hope he keeps snagging players like Branthwaite and Nkoukou. THAT stuff - the long term - is mostly his job.

Davek - not being arsey mate.
Why not chill , and just enjoy the moment. Who would have thought it James / Hamez , and Allan. Must be happy times for all Evertonians.

....here’s how I think it works:

The DoF and Manager agree a playing strategy, analyse the squad, determine the positions that need strengthening and the ‘types‘ of player that fit (as well as those that are surplus to requirements, those to be offered new deals etc). The DoF identifies targets, the Manager will throw his twopenneth in if there’s specific players he wants.

The DoF works with the Board on budget. He has a spend envelope. Working with the Manager he prioritises acquisitions based on monies available. The manager and DoF have the power of veto.

The DoF scope includes Academy strategy, manager & coach appointments etc.

The DoF is accountable for all signings, good and bad. Some will be generated by the Manager and there’s no doubt Ancelotti’s reputation and personal intervention will help secure players. The DoF would be mad not to exploit Ancelotti’s reputation.

If a team is to be successful, the DoF and Manager have to work as a team and be on the same page. Their appointments are the most important in the club.

What happens with Brand’s contract situation in coming months will tell us lots about how the process is working at EFC.

The DoF and Manager agree a playing strategy, analyse the squad, determine the positions that need strengthening and the ‘types‘ of player that fit (as well as those that are surplus to requirements, those to be offered new deals etc). The DoF identifies targets, the Manager will throw his twopenneth in if there’s specific players he wants.

The DoF works with the Board on budget. He has a spend envelope. Working with the Manager he prioritises acquisitions based on monies available. The manager and DoF have the power of veto.

The DoF is accountable for all signings, good and bad. Some will be generated by the Manager and there’s no doubt Ancelotti’s reputation and personal intervention will help secure players. The DoF would be mad not to exploit Ancelotti’s reputation.

If a team is to be successful, the DoF and Manager have to work as a team and be on the same page. Their appointments are the most important in the club.

What happens with Brand’s contract situation in coming months will tell us lots about how the process is working at EFC.

That's the only problem. Our U23 'hit rate' is pathetic.

A kpi for the U23 manager should be to produce at least 3/4 pl squad players a season, at least 1 of which is capable of establishing themselves as a regular starter. Others should be sold, generating what is essentially 'free money' for the accounts.

Unfortunately, the Manager appears to be protected by his cuddly uncle, and his assistants are about as far from NSNO as you can get. Just happy to take a wage.

Unsworth out.

Seems sensible to me.
I think that’s as close to how it works as possible, given how little people actually know about the relationship.

That's the only problem. Our U23 'hit rate' is pathetic.

A kpi for the U23 manager should be to produce at least 3/4 pl squad players a season, at least 1 of which is capable of establishing themselves as a regular starter. Others should be sold, generating what is essentially 'free money' for the accounts.

Unfortunately, the Manager appears to be protected by his cuddly uncle, and his assistants are about as far from NSNO as you can get. Just happy to take a wage.

Unsworth out.

...not sure how our Academy success rate compares to other clubs, but I think it’s a bit unfair pinning that on Unsworth. He can only work with the players he has and has won PL2 in recent times. Perhaps the KPI should be on Brands’ assessment, and then also an element on the Academy coaches.

I don’t know how much impact Unsworth has on recruitment although it was him who went to the Board re DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.