2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

See stuff like this posted all the time, do not get it me.

Why, if true, wouldn’t anyone fume about Brands running a club properly when we’ve signed Rooney, Sigurdsson and Klaassen in one summer?

If he's looking at making the club sustainable and challenging then that can only be a good thing. It's hard to swallow sometimes, but look at the RS model.

They've spent money, but they've also been shrewd with signatures and their wage expenditure; they've moved dross on for some good fees and freed wages.

If the Allan deal is indeed done, we've got a player that Carlo wants and trusts at a reduced rate from last summer and what Napoli were initially asking for.

Doucouré could be the same if the reports are true. Moshiri, a successful accountant himself, has been willing to fund us well and he's lost a lot on rubbish.

Is that sustainable? Does it bring the results he wants? Arguably it's not on the current evidence of where we are and the status of our current squad.

So why wouldn't he want Brands being astute and shrewd? On the flip side however, if the money is there then the model shouldn't completely shackle Carlo.

We need signings and we need them now, so be shrewd in who we get and what we pay, but don't hustle and bargain too much (and for too long) - a balance.

Anyway, the post is probably pure speculation and a case of Chinese whispers from Donny, 55, sat in the Blob Shop with his mates.

We’ve stopped standing still now and have actually started to regress.
Can anyone honestly say they trust Marcel Brands with this rebuild?

He’s used to buying players for a farmer league and that is the level of team we’ve ended up with.
No chance with Marcel Brands at the helm. We all know he likes to leave deals late when the damage is done.
The question to ask is are we a better side since Marcel Brands rocked up?

IMO, definitely not. I genuinely fear a relegation scrap next season.
We’ll circle the drain this year. Relegation is a distinct possibility if we can only add loans and free transfers this year.

Oh deary me.

See stuff like this posted all the time, do not get it me.

Why, if true, wouldn’t anyone fume about Brands running a club properly when we’ve signed Rooney, Sigurdsson and Klaassen in one summer?

I'm not surprised Ancelotti has gone over Brands' head. He must look at the utter tat he's brought in so far and thought "No way I'm being judged poorly and dragged down by his failure to do his job".

I always thought Ancelotti would by-pass this divvy. Yes, he's worked with DoF's before, but clearly he has to have faith in them - and he obviously doesn't have faith in Brands.

I'm not surprised Ancelotti has gone over Brands' head. He must look at the utter tat he's brought in so far and thought "No way I'm being judged poorly and dragged down by his failure to do his job".

I always thought Ancelotti would by-pass this divvy. Yes, he's worked with DoF's before, but clearly he has to have faith in them - and he obviously doesn't have faith in Brands.

...the proof will be whether Brand’s contract is renewed.

...the proof will be whether Brand’s contract is renewed.
It wont be. I feel sure of that. You'd have to ask why Moshiri would commit millions on Brands and place himself in a position where he'd have to cough up compo when he wanted to get shut.

It's less than a year on the present contract. That tells you all you need to know when the club are handing out 5 year extensions to the likes of Keane. .

It wont be. I feel sure of that. You'd have to ask why Moshiri would commit millions on Brands and place himself in a position where he'd have to cough up compo when he wanted to get shut.

It's less than a year on the present contract. That tells you all you need to know when the club are handing out 5 year extensions to the likes of Keane. .

Board
Members
Dont
Have
Contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.