2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

People coming to the UK from France and the Netherlands will be forced to quarantine for 14 days from Saturday.

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps said the measure - which also applies to people travelling from Monaco, Malta, Turks and Caicos, and Aruba, would kick in from 04:00 BST.

Marcel's only and nipped home to see his brother this week hasn't he??? What is he like lol Another two weeks off.

In the transfer thread a comment was made on paper the signing looked good... and that’s a very good point.. if we go back to when we signed the players... what was the overriding sentiment:
Digne - bit of a coup !
Richarlison - eye watering cost but young player on fringe of Brazil side...hopeful
Gomes - excellent.
Gbamin - unknown really but hopeful as he looks strong, athletic and good reports
Bernard - genius £20m player for free
Mina - excellent. Brilliant World Cup. Held strong

For the above the sentiment was very good I feel. Fans generally positive and saw the moves as a big improvement.
Then it starts going a little tricky
Delph... justified it as he was only £8m and might be that leader on the pitch we needed. Feeling would be ambivalent I would say
Iwobi... didn’t feel right although we justified it that his stats for assists were good and he had to be better than what we had. Sentiment - suspect
Forgive me if I have forgotten others.

Fact is our mess ups in recent times have been very expensive ones, by fee or by salary. Brands had and still has, a lot to do to rid the side of the deadwood.

His major issue for me was not replacing Lukaku and then some very bad luck with losing Gueye and his replacement then to injury. I’m sure he has done what he could to resolve the deadwood crisis but if we wouldn’t take them it’s tough to justify them to potential suitors.

Of those we were excited about Gomes and Bernard have struggled. Bernard has flashes of brilliance in all the wrong places on the pitch and Gomes has got himself fit and then broken down as he seemed to start expressing himself.
The others, by and large, have been massively successful or at least decent.

His latest Youth acquisition in Branthwaite looks brilliant and the LB is a no risk option that could pan out.

I’m probably like many that hopes (expects) he finds us the next O Dembele early or Lozano. Where we spend £15m on a future world star. He might just have pulled one off but for Covid (Gabriel)

I still have a lot of time for Brands and feel he is still a couple windows away from building the
All those sentiments when we sign players count for nothing if they fail. We are bias over excited fans when we sign players. That’s human nature. Brands is supposed to be trying to improve us on the pitch without that fan giddiness. As fans we get the other to judge in hindsight. If they fail then saying “we all thought it was good when we signed him” is a ridiculous claim to support a signing. Maybe we were all wrong.

2ada1706e24237c0f25dbd48a35cd720e396b027_hq.gif

But there’s not many evertonians who would be happy with them two players taking us into the top 6
I reckon there would be many many happy Evertonians if they, or any of the current shambles, took us to the top 6, wont happen like but my point stands

I reckon there would be many many happy Evertonians if they, or any of the current shambles, took us to the top 6, wont happen like but my point stands
That was phrased badly. I meant the fact that those were the buys supposed to have taken us to the top 6. Or expected to.

You lot will be fuming when he pulls of the triple signings of Robinson, Sidibe and Cleverley all while he's self isolating..... Talk about multi tasking!

Status
Not open for further replies.